Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by geminidreams
If you respond to one of the emails do they respond back or is there a separate email address that you need to write to. They merged two of my bookings when I actually wanted to have a new booking for different dates and cancel the old booking but I havent received a response from them.
I always respond back on emails.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:16 am

You can respond back to the email.........flip a coin if you get a response. Put in a claim that was rejected last week. I found that it was still showing - actually for 2+ days. Sent a screenshot back with explanation. I never heard back from them for 3 days (yesterday) and said the rate is gone now!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by geminidreams
They merged two of my bookings when I actually wanted to have a new booking for different dates and cancel the old booking but I havent received a response from them.
I think I’ve just found the best reason for not combining my accounts.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Yes got a response today and all fixed. Their replies are so cheery I wonder if they are part of a list of things to say or I am getting a particularly nice agent.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:11 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
How long does it take for an answer these days? Been 24h and still waiting. Didn't use to take this long…
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by helvetic
How long does it take for an answer these days? Been 24h and still waiting. Didn't use to take this long…
It took a day and a half for my response. What threw me was the lack of acknowledgement you usually get when responding such as thanks for your mail we will respond soon.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Well, in the meantime the rate got lowered on Marriott and they denied the claim after 2 days. Frustrating.

Now I've found a rate that's still lower by a bit on ctrip, but it requires being signed in (they call it a "member deal"). Is this disqualifying?

Screw it, if I can't get this approved I'm staying with Hyatt on this stay.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.....Now I've found a rate that's still lower by a bit on ctrip, but it requires being signed in (they call it a "member deal"). Is this disqualifying?.....
Ctrip.com and Trip.com never works. They often offer lowest rates but they are kind of wonky anyway.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TerryK
Ctrip.com and Trip.com never works. They often offer lowest rates but they are kind of wonky anyway.
Yeah when I've tried to use them Marriott told me they still take a few hours to confirm the rate even if the listing says instant confirmation and denied it because they can't validate the rate exists and is truly bookable.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:33 pm

I was denied on this.

Cancelled my approved Your24'd reservation and staying with Hyatt instead.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
I was denied on this.

Cancelled my approved Your24'd reservation and staying with Hyatt instead.
The program (Hyatt's) with the worst and offending brg program on the market. Good choice.
​​​​
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by joakgarp
The program (Hyatt's) with the worst and offending brg program on the market. Good choice.
​​​​
But with otherwise higher quality hotels, good treatment of elites, and in this case a much better rate. I'll excuse their joke of a BRG program.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:28 pm

I got my approval fairly quickly, yet they still have not updated the rates in my reservation. It’s almost 2 days.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
But with otherwise higher quality hotels, good treatment of elites, and in this case a much better rate. I'll excuse their joke of a BRG program.
Wasn't your BRG for the PG? Definitely lots of great Hyatt hotels, but in Tokyo I wouldn't say any of them are higher quality than the PG. Although, if I had the kind of status you have I would probably go for Hyatt too if it was cheaper.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I got my approval fairly quickly, yet they still have not updated the rates in my reservation. It’s almost 2 days.

Has this happened to anyone else?
that's not a problem....sometimes they won't do it till the very last minute....just make sure you keep your confirmation email....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.