Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I submitted one last night and it was denied before I woke up this morning.
It was an LNF claim for a legacy SPG hotel that was apparently handled by SPG's legacy BRG team. It took 65 hrs to get approved. But this is what matters in the end...
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Been about 4-5 months since last time i claimed a BRG and this time I sent away 4 LNF Claims. 3 for Sheraton hotels and 1 for a Marriott Hotell. All of them were responded very fast, one within 2-3 hour and the rest about 5-10 hours in. One claim was denied because I didn't write clearly enough in the instruction box but sent another claim and it was approved. Do you know what's best part of the new LNF-rules? Finally I can use prepayed non refundable rates and have the ability to cancel within 24 hours without penalty if the claim is not approved for some reason, even for Starwood properties. At least this was the case for my Sheraton hotel in HK.

Personally I'm very happy with the LNF-team and how they work at the moment. They are fast and within 24 hours. No more fuss as it was the old SPG team to have another language team check who responded a week later.
Of course I miss the legacy SPG rules with cancellation terms didn't matter but I can live with how it works today and six months back were cancellation needs to match, as long as I can cancel prepaied rates within 24 hours from I made the reservation.

Good job Marriott! My stays are all personal and paid with my own wallet so a good working LNF program is important for me.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:25 am

Can I also receive cashback (e.g. eBates or Jewel) on a LNF booking? Maybe getting too greedy here.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Can I also receive cashback (e.g. eBates or Jewel) on a LNF booking? Maybe getting too greedy here.
yes I got my cashback on ebates even with LNF
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by teo1991

yes I got my cashback on ebates even with LNF
Thanks for the DP!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by wuileng
Anyone encounter a scenario where the flexible rate on Marriott is lower than the non-refundable?

Marriott Flex $100
Marriott Non-Flex $120
OTA Non-Flex $90

If cancellation policy doesn't matter to me, can I book the Non-Flex and claim against it? Just don't want to be stuck with it if it's not valid since there isn't a 1 day cancellation in this case.
I found this on a few occasions. I was able to cancel my lower flex rate without issue.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Well, this is an interesting development:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30555005-post1.html
just noticed this today....very interesting indeed....
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Hotel Name: JW Dubai
Arrival Date: Jan 2019
Departure Date: Jan 2019
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Executive
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 528 per night aed flexible before taxes
Actual Approved Rate: 291 per night aed flexible
Comments: I booked the executive room as the normal rooms were Roomerflex rates that had been previously rejected. The room rate for the Executive was only about 40 aed more than the delux so quite a good deal and still a flexible booking.

I have 9 nights booked for Dubai in January so far now I have found BRGs for 7 of those nights so still have a little time to score one more. Basically 2 night stays and 4 different brands to maximise the Megabonus promo. In the process I think I have so far racked up about 6 rejections compared to the 3 approvals.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:08 pm

Just noticed one of my approved LNF claims was added a service charge. I was comparing to a european site with all taxes and fees included.
Word of note, double check your rate and service charge etc on marriott.com. The agent didn't write anything about it either just that the rate was approved.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Just noticed one of my approved LNF claims was added a service charge. I was comparing to a european site with all taxes and fees included.
Word of note, double check your rate and service charge etc on marriott.com. The agent didn't write anything about it either just that the rate was approved.
Did they remove the service charge for u?
in my experience they will get back to you and insist service charge is not included as there is no breakdown.
This has been the case for months already.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by shevboyz
Did they remove the service charge for u?
in my experience they will get back to you and insist service charge is not included as there is no breakdown.
This has been the case for months already.
Received my response now. They adjusted the rate so that the service charge is included in my final rate so they basically lowered the daily rate and had a lower service charge on marriott.com. They can't remove the service charge completely but they can adjust the daily rate + the service charge = correct final rate.
My 3rd party was very clear that all fees were included in their rate so I took a screenshot and attached it in my response. Also wrote that all 3rd party hotel sites from the EU are forced to show a final rate including all fees. Think that made it easier for them to make their decision.

Last edited by joakgarp; Dec 21, 2018 at 2:01 am
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Received my response now. They adjusted the rate so that the service charge is included in my final rate so they basically lowered the daily rate and had a lower service charge on marriott.com. They can't remove the service charge completely but they can adjust the daily rate + the service charge = correct final rate.
My 3rd party was very clear that all fees were included in their rate so I took a screenshot and attached it in my response. Also wrote that all 3rd party hotel sites from the EU are forced to show a final rate including all fees. Think that made it easier for them to make their decision.
Good to hear. I have not had the same success. The comparison site I used had a phrase like "City tax or resort fees may not be included in the rate shown and may have to be paid at the hotel."
The LNF team used this as an excuse to treat the comparison rate as a "net" rate and add the full slate of service charges and tax on the comparison rate. It was still cheaper than the Marriott rate but the result doesn't feel right.
The location I applied the LNF for actually has a city tax (approx. 3 USD/night) and Marriott includes this in its tax calculation and I would have been happy if they'd hit me with an additional 3 USD on the comparison rate. But 10% service charge and c. 8% tax on top - outrageous.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
My claim was approved by SPG legacy rep, but resort fee was added to base room rate. I called SPG BRG and agent stated resort fee was a "hidden" fee by Travelocity even though line item stated "resort fee". Agent stated even if I was correct, the claim has been processed and there is nothing she could do. After asking for more clarification she hung up on me. I called back and next BRG agent confirmed resort fee was added to base room rate incorrectly and would correct the claim right away. Wow, what a difference in 2 agents.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Anybody experiences this?

my claims were approved but the adjusted rate were always higher than expect.

they always add taxes and fees on top of the rate shown on competing website which is already included those taxes and fees.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Anybody experiences this?

my claims were approved but the adjusted rate were always higher than expect.

they always add taxes and fees on top of the rate shown on competing website which is already included those taxes and fees.
And now starts your back and forth correspondence.

Answer the email explaning that the rate on OTA includes taxes and they should adjust accordingly. Give as much detail as possible, state where they could find that it includes taxes, how much taxes are, what correct rate should be, etc.
And of course thank them.
3rdworldresident likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.