Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lower Room Type Not Available

How does it work with LNF if lower room type is not available on Marriott? Third party has Superior Room available with lower rate than Marriott which only has Deluxe Room available. Can I book Deluxe and LNF against Superior rate?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Last week claims were being processed really fast, on average around 8 hours but my record was 1 hour and 40 minutes! Yesterday it took them 16 hours it that’s still under 24 hours.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:02 pm

Marriott denied my LNF request because if the property wants to charge an extra person fee on Marriott.com but chooses not to do so via Orbitz or Hotels.com but the daily rate is the same then there is no valid claim.

So, the net effect is the same booking, for the same room, with the same cancellation terms is $500 more for my stay on Marriott.com vs Orbits or Hotels.com because the property can charge a fee on Marriott.com and not charge it elsewhere.

Nonsensical.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:15 pm

Look No Futher Denied

I submitted a LNF claim yesterday because the rate I got three different rates for the same room for the same dates. The most expensive was via Marriott's phone res center. The Marriott website showed a bit less. Orbitz was substantially less.

Today I get an email denying the LNF because I didn't book the least expensive rate at the hotel. I'm confused. The rules say lowest available rate for the same room. The hotel I booked charges a different rate for rooms with two beds. The Marriott rep is trying to claim that this means the LNF guarantee doesn't apply.

So I tried calling Marriott. So far 45 minutes on hold for customer service and still waiting.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I reading the LNF rules correctly?

"With the Look No Further® Best Rate Guarantee, you can rest easy knowing that the rate you find on any official Marriott reservation channel (Marriott.com, SPG.com, Marriott App, SPG App, Customer Engagement Centers, or directly with a hotel) is the lowest available rate for this room and rate type anywhere online. If you find a lower rate for the same room, let us know by submitting a claim form"
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...thread-11.html

There's a lovely thread about LNF that can answer many of your questions.
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Another datapoint.

An agent I have dealt with before initially denied my claim and in the denial email referred to the wrong OTA, so I replied. I then was denied because of a different bed type even though no bed type was confirmed with the OTA site. I called in yesterday and spoke with a St Thomas agent who agreed to have it re-reviewed but, apparently, Marriott replies are not sent to active agents...they sit in the queue for the original agent who was off yesterday. So this afternoon, nearly 3 days later, I was approved at roughly the rate that I expected. Almost as frustrating as Hilton, but at least when the agents answer the phone, most are helpful which I appreciate.

Hotel Name: The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto
Arrival Date: October XX 2018
Departure Date: October XX 2018
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Standard
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 570 CAD plus taxes/fees
Competing Rate: 321 CAD plus taxes/fees
Actual Approved Rate: 272 CAD plus taxes/fees
LNF Award: 25% and the rate approved was higher due to a discount on the OTA that was not accepted, which I fully expected
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:53 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Just had a LNF denial based on "not choosing the lowest rate". The lower rate they referenced had a 7 day cancellation policy, the rate I booked on marriott.com had a 2 day cancellation policy, and the comparison site had 1 day.

I ended up calling in and got right through to a LNF rep. This rep was fantastic and actually provided the exact wordage to use in my LNF email reply and told me if my rate was again denied to reply back and ask for escalation to a supervisor. Guess I'll see what happens, but have to compliment the person I spoke to on the phone who gave me guidance on how to handle this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: FB Gold, SPG Plat
Hotel Name: Marriott Brussels Grand Place
Arrival date: October XX 2018
Length of the stay: 6 nights
Marriott.com rate: 360 EUR per night (flexible, Family suite). No other room types available
Competing rate: 160 EUR per night (nonref, deluxe double room)
Outcome: denied with response "booked room type not available on competing website".

I definitely remember that in SPG when the room type was not available on official channel, but available via third-party, one could still get BRG approved. Is it no longer the case?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dlougach
.....I definitely remember that in SPG when the room type was not available on official channel, but available via third-party, one could still get BRG approved. Is it no longer the case?
I asked the same question at post #150 but no one responded.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:33 pm

For anyone booking a Design hotel note that hidden under "verification process" is the following language....

For claims submitted against Design Hotels Partner Hotels, it must be a currently available published room rate available online or on a mobile application for the same Design Hotels Partner Hotel and the same dates that is lower than the lowest rate available on the Marriott channel, regardless any other factors including the number of guests, room type, view, room size or amenities.

This is different that what Marriott touts in big letters (same room type) and means the guarantee only applies to the lowest category of rooms.

Be aware.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:43 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Originally Posted by bigshooter
Just had a LNF denial based on "not choosing the lowest rate". The lower rate they referenced had a 7 day cancellation policy, the rate I booked on marriott.com had a 2 day cancellation policy, and the comparison site had 1 day.

I ended up calling in and got right through to a LNF rep. This rep was fantastic and actually provided the exact wordage to use in my LNF email reply and told me if my rate was again denied to reply back and ask for escalation to a supervisor. Guess I'll see what happens, but have to compliment the person I spoke to on the phone who gave me guidance on how to handle this.
Because I like quoting myself...

Good experience turned bad. The person who denied my case was forwarded my email reply and close the case again without replying to me....Had to call in again to get it reopened....
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fabamber
You should get a response within 24 hours if you provided all the details in LNF form. I made 2 claims recently, both got responded within 24 hours.
Originally Posted by jpdx
I'm guessing that something is amiss with their system. I filed two claims on Oct 10 and never heard back (apart from the automated confirmation). English language claims, so should be well under 24 hours.
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Recently I’ve noticed replies are much faster. Earlier this year 24 hour or longer delays were the norm. My last few have been approved within 6 hours
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Last week claims were being processed really fast, on average around 8 hours but my record was 1 hour and 40 minutes! Yesterday it took them 16 hours it that’s still under 24 hours.
I assume you all submitted just using the form, right? I sent one that I think should be straightforward, but it's going on 2 days now and all I got was the auto reply, received an hour after submitting.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:18 pm

Shenanigans continue...

Booked Hotel Republic San Diego for 4 nights/$159 night. 2 day cancellation period.
Claim rate Hotels.com 4 nights/$122 night 1 day cancellation period.

Denied due to not booking lowest rate ($118/night that included a 7 day cancellation period)

Resubmitted stating that lower rate had more restrictive cancellation. LNF desk has now changed my reservation without my approval to the $118/night rate and contacted the hotel to provide me a 2 night cancellation guarantee rather than the 7 day cancellation that came with $118 rate. The hotels.com rate had a 1 day cancellation period.

It appears they are doing anything and everything they can to not honor the LNF guarantee. I was told because I did not book the lowest rate that allows for cancellation I am not eligible for a LNF claim. I asked for a supervisor and was told I could not be transferred to one. Apparently even if terms aremore favorable for the comparison rate vs rate booked they will deny it.

Last edited by bigshooter; Oct 16, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bigshooter
Shenanigans continue...

Booked Hotel Republic San Diego for 4 nights/$159 night. 2 day cancellation period.
Claim rate Hotels.com 4 nights/$122 night 1 day cancellation period.

Denied due to not booking lowest rate ($118/night that included a 7 day cancellation period)

Resubmitted stating that lower rate had more restrictive cancellation. LNF desk has now changed my reservation without my approval to the $118/night rate and contacted the hotel to provide me a 2 night cancellation guarantee rather than the 7 day cancellation that came with $118 rate. The hotels.com rate had a 1 day cancellation period.

It appears they are doing anything and everything they can to not honor the LNF guarantee. I was told because I did not book the lowest rate that allows for cancellation I am not eligible for a LNF claim. I asked for a supervisor and was told I could not be transferred to one. Apparently even if terms aremore favorable for the comparison rate vs rate booked they will deny it.
You can’t have it both ways. If cancellation terms are less favourable on competing site, in my experience, they have still accepted the claims as they are just comparing flexible vs flexible. Therefore, it makes sense to book (and compare) lowest flexible rate. If you insist on exact comparison on flexible cancellation terms, it’ll work against us in most cases if they apply the same when the shoe is on the other foot.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by yorkboy24

You can’t have it both ways. If cancellation terms are less favourable on competing site, in my experience, they have still accepted the claims as they are just comparing flexible vs flexible. Therefore, it makes sense to book (and compare) lowest flexible rate. If you insist on exact comparison on flexible cancellation terms, it’ll work against us in most cases if they apply the same when the shoe is on the other foot.
The 7 day cancellation rate on Marriott.com ($118/night) was actually under prepay and save as a member rate so I initially didn't even see it. It also requires one to be a member which I have had used as a reason to decline competing rates on other sites in the past. It won't let you book the rate without using the account. The $153/night rate was the standard rate with two day cancellation.

I guess I could submit a reservation without adding my MR account and then have them put the number in at check-in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.