Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:07 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Originally Posted by HHQX888
For example I want make stay at Ritz-Carlton and Marriot flex price is 440EUR, at tui.com I have 260EUR with all taxes and answer is sorry we don't find this price. This RC don't have club and I don't have breakfast as benefit why I want still book through Marriott network ? If I do via tui.com, mybe next year we will be look at Four Seasons, Banyan Tree. Congratulations and maybe Bonvoy'age'.
You cannot compare flex rate with prepaid rate. Of course tui.com is cheaper because they always sell prepaid rates.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:41 am

I have done pre-paid recently ... was too good to pass up and I knew I needed the stay. You have 24 hours to cancel if the BRG does not go through.
Hotel charged the original price immediately and I then got a refund after the stay ... worked for me.

The above was posted some posts back. So, do I understand this LNF correctly? I always thought once you booked a pre-paid rate that was it - if you then send in an LNF and it gets approved, great, but if not you are stuck with the pre-paid booking. Based on the above 24 hours cancellation - is that correct?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by CL9
You cannot compare flex rate with prepaid rate. Of course tui.com is cheaper because they always sell prepaid rates.
Both bookings was on flex rate with breakfast, this same kind of bed, this same room this was not this problem, TUI as company don't sell ONLY on prepaid rates and this was used.
I think someone must aprove big loose for hotel 4night stay list by hotel on 1800EUR go to 720EUR and plus some hotel penalty charges to LNF department.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:22 am

@ Bravada04 : you must set up your alarm clock on 23h and 45min before your dead line, till 24h after your booking you can cancel your stay on prepay rate (if your stay is not tommorow), and what I don't undestand your credit card will be charged after this dead line - why if LNF is aproved they don't charge credit card corect amount after descount but charge primary rate and return difference after your stay maybe after one year if this booking in the far future.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
So I believe many of you also have experienced that non-refundable rate of the original booking has changed to refundable (flex) after the LNF approval in the website/app/email confirmation, although the LNF approval email states like "The confirmation number for your reservation will remain the same, as well as the cancellation policy under which you originally booked."

I am wondering if such a change is completely guaranteed or not- one of my LNF claims is in status and my credit card has not been charged yet by the property (check-in around late March though). Would it be safe to cancel this booking?

Just saw below post in this thread:
If LNF is approved, cancellation terms will be based on LNF rate plan. It is flexible for most but some have set it to nonrefundable.

Last edited by noeatbutgo; Mar 8, 2019 at 6:25 am
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Another ordeal: filed 2 claims (one under each account) as we need 2 rooms. One came back approved with just a new confirmation with a not so lower rate and one came back denied (there's no real time information on hotel.com). This is ridiculous as the comparison rate is hotel.com - the rate is still there and I wrote back more than 6 hours ago and reply.

Regarding the cancellation after LNF approval: it's YMMV. The hotel can go into your original reservation said it's non-refundable - it's totally up to the hotel how they want to interpret the rule. I have done a non-refundable LNF approved rate and the hotel refunded me the money - however I wouldn't take it for granted.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
Regarding the cancellation after LNF approval: it's YMMV. The hotel can go into your original reservation said it's non-refundable - it's totally up to the hotel how they want to interpret the rule. I have done a non-refundable LNF approved rate and the hotel refunded me the money - however I wouldn't take it for granted.
Thanks, I looked up many articles and now think it is generally safe although indeed it is property-dependent.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

(Yet another) New low at LNF:

Replied to a claim denial 10 hours ago - claim filed yesterday at around noon GMT. I decided to call Marriott to see if they have received anything, the associate I talked to told me to called the LNF department directly (after she verified the rate was indeed still there).

I did - and an associate was not in his best mood - he said lowly to me that I can still hear, "why do you people have to call?" I thought because you guys don't write back or have any confirmation that you received my messages.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:20 am

I'm looking at a prepaid rate to BRG and it states, "please note that your prepayment for this special rate is non-refundable." No 24 hour courtesy cancelation. If a BRG gets denied is one is stuck paying full price?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Too_Fly1
I'm looking at a prepaid rate to BRG and it states, "please note that your prepayment for this special rate is non-refundable." No 24 hour courtesy cancelation. If a BRG gets denied is one is stuck paying full price?
Yep. So don't try unless you are 100% certain that you are going to use the stay and that you are ok with the prepaid rate.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Yep. So don't try unless you are 100% certain that you are going to use the stay and that you are ok with the prepaid rate.
Thanks for the info!

I've only done LNF for cancelable rates before and I was looking at another non-cancelable rate and it states the following:

Holding Your Reservation
  • We will need a credit card prepayment to reserve your room. To ensure that you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of [$] when you make your reservation.
Cancelling Your Reservation
  • You may cancel your reservation for no charge until March 10, 2019.
  • Please note that your prepayment for this special rate is non-refundable.

The "prepayment" is the entire cost of the room and if the prepayment is charged when making the reservation and non-refundable, the "no charge" for 24 hour cancelation is meaningless.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Last edited by Too_Fly1; Mar 9, 2019 at 5:33 pm
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:35 pm

Just wanted a little clarification, a price match can only be submitted within 24 hours of the reservation booking?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by ayee007
Just wanted a little clarification, a price match can only be submitted within 24 hours of the reservation booking?
"If you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type and dates within 24 hours of making your reservation, submit a Best Rate Guarantee claim form. We’ll review the claim, and if approved, we’ll match the rate and give you an additional 25% discount on the room or 5,000 Marriott Bonvoy™ Points…it’s up to you."
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:11 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
  • Please note that your prepayment (entire amount for the full stay) for this special rate is non-refundable.
I had the same terms one time as well and it never amazes me how otherwise reputable businesses would consider putting something like that into their T&Cs. Or maybe I'm thinking wrong and this is their real face and everything that looks reputable only a facade.

I would regard this as strictly non-cancelable and worthy of reporting to the relevant agency overviewing customer protection agency.

HTB.
GalaxyChris and Too_Fly1 like this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Thanks for the info!

I've only done LNF for cancelable rates before and I was looking at another non-cancelable rate and it states the following:

Holding Your Reservation
  • We will need a credit card prepayment to reserve your room. To ensure that you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of [$] when you make your reservation.
Cancelling Your Reservation
  • Please note that your prepayment for this special rate is non-refundable.

The "prepayment" is the entire cost of the room and if the prepayment is charged when making the reservation and non-refundable, the "no charge" for 24 hour cancelation is meaningless.

Am I interpreting this correctly?
I made a reservation on March 7 with the following terms in the confirmation email and similar rate details as you posted:

"Member Rate Advance Purchase, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking, no changes, see Rate details"

I was able to cancel the next day with no charges to my CC so you should be OK as long as they say you can cancel for no charge by the next day.

However, more and more I'm seeing this for Advance Purchase rates:
Please note that changes to your reservation are not permitted. Please note that your prepayment for this special rate is non-refundable.

I wouldn't dare book anything under these terms unless you are 100% sure you're staying there even if the LNF gets denied.
Too_Fly1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.