Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Scott Kiwi
Margarita Girl,
They have agreed to use the lower rates for the 3 upcoming nights.
That's great. Glad it worked out! ^
Scott Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:46 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Hotel Name: Four Points LAX
Arrival Date: 14 January 2019
Departure Date: 16 January 2019
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 1
Room Type: Guestroom with two Queen beds
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $134.00 (+ tax)
Competing Rate: $113.46 (+ tax)
Actual Approved Rate: $85.10 (+ tax)
Comments: Took the discount because eff Arne. I had an unusual experience LNFing though. The LNF team said the rate went up on both, but approved me for the higher rate. Called into BRG after seeing my rate was still there and got it approved for the above, but they broke it down into two different rate tiers (n.b. one night was $79 and the other was higher). Of course, the following day, I saw another site had a competing rate that was $10 cheaper than the one I found, so I was annoyed. However, I’m piggybacking an Amex Offer for $40 off $200 spend, so I’ll bill one of my tips to the room and get an effective rate of $80/nt all in, which is great considering where I’m staying.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:56 am

Is it always the case that if you book a noncancellable rate and successfully LNF it against a noncancellable OTA rate that the new approved will be cancellable? Or does just vary according to property?

Last edited by MePlatPremier; Jan 13, 2019 at 8:31 am
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier

Is it always the case that if you book a noncancellable rate and successfully LNF it that the new approved will be cancellable? Or does just vary according to property?
I think you're referring to the old SPG method. The current system allows flex vs. flex or prepaid vs. prepaid...
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I think you're referring to the old SPG method. The current system allows flex vs. flex or prepaid vs. prepaid...
There have been reports here that after successfully LNFing a cancellable rate that the new adjusted rate becomes cancellable...
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, BA Exec Continental, AAdvantage, Virgin,
merged post - below

Last edited by mgkelly; Jan 13, 2019 at 9:15 am Reason: extra info
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, BA Exec Continental, AAdvantage, Virgin,
Originally Posted by geminidreams
Book the non refundable if you dont get a reply before 24 hrs cancel the booking. I have done it several times. If they approve the LNF let your rate continue and it become nonrefundable.
Thanks
I will give that a try but the question is how long do i get to cancel
Marriott states the "non refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking works please".

if I book now 13Jan at 16:00 UK time do I get until 23:59 or 15:59 UK time 14Jan
LNF takes more than 24 hrs for response the time I have tried.

Or even worse the rate details on marriott states
You may cancel your reservation for no charge until January 14, 2019.
That could be interpreted as January 13 23.59

Thanks

Last edited by mgkelly; Jan 13, 2019 at 9:14 am Reason: clarification
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by mgkelly
Thanks
I will give that a try but the question is how long do i get to cancel
Marriott states the "non refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking works please".

if I book now 13Jan at 16:00 UK time do I get until 23:59 or 15:59 UK time 14Jan
LNF takes more than 24 hrs for response the time I have tried.

Or even worse the rate details on marriott states
You may cancel your reservation for no charge until January 14, 2019.
That could be interpreted as January 13 23.59

Thanks
I cancelled mine which was a prepaid 23h in and nothing happened. So I guess 24 hours from making your reservation is what matters here.
mgkelly likes this.

Last edited by joakgarp; Jan 13, 2019 at 9:56 am
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:19 am

I have an LNF rate for two nights. Both nights had the same original rate and have thus been LNFed to the same new rate. The reservation is cancellable. Can I now just change the reservation to one night and keep the LNF rate or will it revert to the original one (or even the current rate)? Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by funkbandit
I have an LNF rate for two nights. Both nights had the same original rate and have thus been LNFed to the same new rate. The reservation is cancellable. Can I now just change the reservation to one night and keep the LNF rate or will it revert to the original one (or even the current rate)? Thanks.
Would have to be done by the hotel. The LNF team won't change it (or at least the BRG team wouldn't). Your other option would be to resubmit a new LNF if the rate is still available.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Would have to be done by the hotel. The LNF team won't change it (or at least the BRG team wouldn't). Your other option would be to resubmit a new LNF if the rate is still available.
Thank you. I believe I will have to contact the hotel then and hope the language barrier won't ruin it...
According to the LNF team I am barred from LNFing for that one night because I have another successful LNF reservation for the other night at a different hotel. They claim that I am trying to split stays to take advantage of the LNF program.
It is absolutely bogus but covered by the T&C. The reason I would like to split my stay is just that I don't want to spend big bucks at an over the top property for two nights...
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I have encountered this argument before this is complete BS and a misunderstanding of the T&C, I successfully argued with the LNF team before on this matter. This restriction only pertains to the case when you choose the points option.
If you choose the 25% off then if you have back to back LNF at different hotels does not matter at all I have in fact successfully done this on several occasions.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by X-ON
I have encountered this argument before this is complete BS and a misunderstanding of the T&C, I successfully argued with the LNF team before on this matter. This restriction only pertains to the case when you choose the points option.
If you choose the 25% off then if you have back to back LNF at different hotels does not matter at all I have in fact successfully done this on several occasions.
I remember that in SPG's BRG world, there was such an restriction for those who chose the 2k points. Here's what the new T&C say:

"Claims made against only a portion of your entire scheduled stay will not be honored. Multiple claims for a stay consisting of two or more nights in the same week at the same Marriott hotel or Marriott hotels in the same geographic location (e.g. city) may be treated as one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation."
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Yes like I said above:
1) "Claims made against only a portion of your entire scheduled stay will not be honored":
a) Do not pertains to you since you have not booked a 2 nights stay and claiming against 1 of the nights

2) "Multiple claims for a stay consisting of two or more nights in the same week at the same Marriott hotel or Marriott hotels in the same geographic location (e.g. city) may be treated as one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation.":
This is only interesting in the context of awarding points, otherwise they need to advise you on how to book two hotels (with not adjacent nights) in the same reservation on marriott.com if they cannot do this you have to have two or more reservations that you claim against individually and they are treated as the same stay for points claims.The T&C explicitly mention that you can have two or more reservations which by definition are claimed against individually.

Needless to say it is impossible to have a 2 night stay (not not necessary adjacent nights since the T&C mention one week) at two different hotels with the same reservation number so what their reasoning results in is an absurd outcome, i.e. their interpretation of the rule implies that such reservations must be possible to make which they are not so that makes their interpretation mashed snow

This rule only have a meaning for points awarding since you can stop abuse of the 5K awards when someone try to do hotel hopping with LNF.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by funkbandit
Thank you. I believe I will have to contact the hotel then and hope the language barrier won't ruin it...
According to the LNF team I am barred from LNFing for that one night because I have another successful LNF reservation for the other night at a different hotel. They claim that I am trying to split stays to take advantage of the LNF program.
It is absolutely bogus but covered by the T&C. The reason I would like to split my stay is just that I don't want to spend big bucks at an over the top property for two nights...
I have an interesting one along those lines. I did an award stay for Good Friday because the prices were insanely high. I wasn't interested in a $400+ LNF. I then submitted a LNF for the 2 previous nights (Wed/Thus). The LNF team insisted that they had to process a LNF for all 3 nights, which I wouldn't have been interested in because of the absurd pricing, and naturally, it wasn't approved.
funkbandit likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.