Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
that's not a problem....sometimes they won't do it till the very last minute....just make sure you keep your confirmation email....
Interesting. I’ve never experienced that before.
And for sure. I always keep a paper trail.
Thanks v
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

Interesting. I’ve never experienced that before.
And for sure. I always keep a paper trail.
Thanks v
It's an SPG thing. What brand is the hotel?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
It's an SPG thing. What brand is the hotel?
Cosmo.
Makes sense as it came from BRG associate. Never saw that either.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I got my approval fairly quickly, yet they still have not updated the rates in my reservation. It’s almost 2 days.

Has this happened to anyone else?
This was standard procedure with SPG BRG claims, however my experience with Marriott LNF is that they always update the reservation details to the new adjusted LNF rate plan right after claim approval. In fact, very often I realize my claim was approved because I see it on the app even before I received the approval email.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, BA Exec Continental, AAdvantage, Virgin,
For the first time since Marriot took over SPG I think I have a valid claim:

Expedia/ Hotels.com non refundable Ł1044 5 nights inc taxes, no refundable rate available
Marriott direct same room Ł1169 5 nights non refundable inc taxes. refundable rate is around Ł1300

I am wary of them not doing the LNF on some poor get out....for example Expedia issuing a voucher...how can I even determine that before booking?
Therefore my question is can I book the refundable and reference the none refundable in the comments that they can change the rate? I dont mind been non refundable if they honor the LNF price guarantee.

Also they dont use the 1 night free cancellation as a cheeky get out do they?

Last edited by mgkelly; Jan 12, 2019 at 9:00 am Reason: clarrification
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:13 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Successful BRG Claim within 5 hours after submitting my claim.

Hotel Name: St Regis Singapore
Arrival Date: January - Sat
Departure Date: January - Sun
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Deluxe Room - post paid
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $450 (+ tax)
Competing Rate: $410 (+ tax)
Actual Approved Rate: $410 (+ tax)
Comments: Wanted to capitalize on the Amex + Marriott deal (Spent 500 and get 150 back) hence i took the points!

Interesting note.Today i tried searching again thru the 3rd party site and found that the price for the same room/date is now higher (460) therefore making the official rates the 'lowest' !
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
[QUOTE=xar;30192497]Yes, in fact i got an updated reservation email from the hotel which reflects the new, lower rate.
As the deduction via credit card has since been made from the original booking, the hotel has also informed me that they would refund me the balance upon the completion of my stay.[/QUOTE

Lucky you! I checked into a Sheraton yesterday, only to learn later that the rate for the room is now about $75 a night lower than the rate I am paying. I wasn’t offered the new rate or any refund, credit, or comp. Any advice?
Important Update:
A hotel representative says they will honor the lower rates. I am pleased.

Last edited by Scott Kiwi; Jan 13, 2019 at 6:26 am Reason: Solution proposed
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by mgkelly
For the first time since Marriot took over SPG I think I have a valid claim:

Expedia/ Hotels.com non refundable Ł1044 5 nights inc taxes, no refundable rate available
Marriott direct same room Ł1169 5 nights non refundable inc taxes. refundable rate is around Ł1300

I am wary of them not doing the LNF on some poor get out....for example Expedia issuing a voucher...how can I even determine that before booking?ooon refundab
Therefore my question is can I book the refundable and reference the none refundable in the comments that they can change the rate? I dont mind been non refundable if they honor the LNF price guarantee.

Also they dont use the 1 night free cancellation as a cheeky get out do they?
Book the non refundable if you dont get a reply before 24 hrs cancel the booking. I have done it several times. If they approve the LNF let your rate continue and it become nonrefundable.
mgkelly likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:45 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
[QUOTE=Scott Kiwi;30647966]
Originally Posted by xar
Yes, in fact i got an updated reservation email from the hotel which reflects the new, lower rate.
As the deduction via credit card has since been made from the original booking, the hotel has also informed me that they would refund me the balance upon the completion of my stay.[/QUOTE

Lucky you! I checked into a Sheraton yesterday, only to learn later that the rate for the room is now about $75 a night lower than the rate I am paying. I wasn’t offered the new rate or any refund, credit, or comp. Any advice?
It has to be done within 24 hours, otherwise anything after, your miles may vary.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scott Kiwi
I don't understand what happened here. Did you have a LNF, or just a regular reservation? Was the reservation prepaid, and now you are discovering the going rate is lower? If that's the case, I would discuss it with the manager. How many nights are you there? It's unlikely they will drop your rate especially on a prepaid rate, but they might offer you a credit which can be used in the restaurant or bar or something. One thing is for sure. If you don't ask, you won't get anything.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:28 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Wasn't your BRG for the PG? Definitely lots of great Hyatt hotels, but in Tokyo I wouldn't say any of them are higher quality than the PG. Although, if I had the kind of status you have I would probably go for Hyatt too if it was cheaper.
That's right, the PG is one of my favorite hotels in the world (I've stayed there 4x), and would've been a decent deal had the BRG been approved. But at $500+tax I wasn't feeling it. Also, on a NRT–HND one-night stay the Hyatt Centric Ginza is super convenient as it's a nonstop train to booth airports. Not comparable in quality, but still a very nice hotel. If I wanted something comparable, the Andaz is also an absolute favorite.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I don't understand what happened here. Did you have a LNF, or just a regular reservation? Was the reservation prepaid, and now you are discovering the going rate is lower? If that's the case, I would discuss it with the manager. How many nights are you there? It's unlikely they will drop your rate especially on a prepaid rate, but they might offer you a credit which can be used in the restaurant or bar or something. One thing is for sure. If you don't ask, you won't get anything.
This happens not infrequently to me, and I always ask for my rate to be lowered to what they're asking for at the moment. I've never been refused.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by helvetic
This happens not infrequently to me, and I always ask for my rate to be lowered to what they're asking for at the moment. I've never been refused.
Flexible or prepaid rates?
joakgarp likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:28 am

Flexible or prepaid rates?
Either way, on both. Though the majority of the time I'm on flexible bookings.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
Margarita Girl,
They have agreed to use the lower rates for the 3 upcoming nights.
margarita girl and xar like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.