Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Design hotels now excluded?

Have been trying to get a claim approved for a newly listed Design hotel - there were a number of websites with lower rates than marriott/spg.com - but was refused twice with different excuses which seemed to be different than the T&Cs, even those that were more specific for this brand.

Was thinking of trying again, but notice the T&Cs have just been updated to:

”Effective December 1, 2018, the Look No Further Best Rest Guarantee does not apply to Design Hotels branded properties.”

Guess I will just book via another website!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ao40
Have been trying to get a claim approved for a newly listed Design hotel - there were a number of websites with lower rates than marriott/spg.com - but was refused twice with different excuses which seemed to be different than the T&Cs, even those that were more specific for this brand.

”Effective December 1, 2018, the Look No Further Best Rest Guarantee does not apply to Design Hotels branded properties.”

This is disgusting. Often there is much cheaper room selling in ota for design hotel.
​​​​
remymartin likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CanRulez
When I do a google, I find that groupon offers much better rates than the Marriott booking site.

Can anyone confirm whether Marriott matches prices from groupon?
no its not real time confirmation
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by teo1991
Hotel Name: Hotel Stripes, Kuala Lumpur
Arrival Date: Dec 2018
Departure Date: Dec 2018
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Deluxe
Marriott Brand Website Rate: MYR 257 plus taxes/fees
competing rate confirmed by LNF Associate:MYR 200.79
Actual Approved Rate: MYR 150.59 plus taxes/fees
Comment: my claim was approved as no prepaid advanced purchase rate was available directly from the hotel for my date of stay

pretty happy as this is 2nd time getting an approved LNF from Marriott (1st time Design Hotels)
Congratulations on the approval. I just finished a stay at this property and liked it quite a bit.

However, its not a Design Hotel property its an Autograph Collection property.

I was underwhelmed with the Executive Lounge though, just meh.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Congratulations on the approval. I just finished a stay at this property and liked it quite a bit.

However, its not a Design Hotel property its an Autograph Collection property.

I was underwhelmed with the Executive Lounge though, just meh.
thanks.I learn a lot about the BRG/LNF thru Flyertalk. After seeing so many success stories and denials, I decided to try on my own and had been pretty lucky so far and of course I look high and low thru comparison sites and websites too
about the Executive Lounge,I think they just added recently.saw someone posted on TripAdvisor the menu for the evening cocktail! The lounge in New world pj can easily beat that with its full spectrum of alcoholic drinks,wine and beer lol!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by ao40

Just read this myself. What a deplorable move by Marriott. I guess we're all going to feel the cold of MR's icy grip on the hotel business as time goes on.
remymartin likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:47 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by funkbandit
Just read this myself. What a deplorable move by Marriott. I guess we're all going to feel the cold of MR's icy grip on the hotel business as time goes on.
Not really, it’s more of a tail wagging the dog. Design hotels was an independent group of properties playing together under the Design name. Eventually after decades of independence Starwood took a majority stake and hence that passed to Marriott. The problem is the detail here, the hotels are all independent each one signing up to Design hotels which in its turn signed up to Starwood, who in its turn took a majority stake which then ended up in Marriotts hands.

The final contractural mishmash clearly doesn’t give Marriott the control it would dearly like to exercise and the Design hoteliers clearly dislike the LNF scheme, indeed its limited participation in SPG and now Marriott Rewards indicates that the hoteliers themselves are pretty lukewarm about the benefit of the program itself. It is noticeable that all the brands Marriott controls are on LNF but Design, a brand it inherited from SPG on an indirect structure is proving able to flex its semi-independent muscles.

This is proof of Marriotts lack of control rather than its icy grip!
remymartin likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
It was known that a number of Design Hotels owners went ballistic when the BRG award increased from 20% to 25%, and after a few months reverted back to 20%.

For those of us that have had BRG/LNF approvals with Design Hotels, it was beyond tricky for some of them and then the stay would rarely post, if ever, without repeated follow-up.

While it disappoints me, I am selective with those properties to begin with as some are greatly overhyped and poorly run. There are still quite a few gems as well.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Frustration with Marriott's awful IT

Marriott's IT is beyond awful when it comes to trying to research LNF opportunities. When you do a search for rates, there are 3 tabs.

STANDARD RATES
PREPAY AND SAVE
DEALS AND PACKAGES

Initially, I always went to Standard Rates to find the lowest FLEXIBLE rate. (I won't book non-cancellable rates whether they have a 24 hr cancellation or not.) Then I was admonished by a LNF agent for not booking the lowest rate available, which happened to be in the Deals and Packages tab. My bad.

A few days ago, I submitted another LNF using the lowest rate in Standard Rates (which was lower than the Deals and Packages rates). This time I was told that the lowest rate was in the Prepay and Save tab. Sure enough, the Prepay and Save rate only needs a credit card to hold the reservation and can be cancelled until 3 days before arrival (for a March reservation). Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot. How is this a prepaid rate? I can just see the LNF agents snickering "Gotcha"!

Yes, I know. Marriott has state of the art, cloud based, 2 year old IT system. They shouldn't have gone with the Walmart version!
remymartin and HHQX888 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
This is my 5th BRG and first under Marriott LNF

Marriott hotel name: Four Points by Sheraton Singapore, Riverview
Check-in date: 2018-12-15
Check-out date: 2018-12-16
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 1
Room Type: Deluxe
Marriott Brand Website Rate: SGD 171 plus taxes/fees
competing rate confirmed by LNF Associate: SGD 165.05
Actual Approved Rate: SGD 165.05 plus taxes/fees + 5000 MR points
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Next one

Marriott Hotel Name: Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers
Arrival Date: January 12, 2019
Departure Date: January 14, 2019
Room Type: One deluxe Room with one guest (Room only)
Marriott Brand Website Rate: 510 AED plus taxes/fees
Competing rate confirmed by LNF Associate: 412.61 AED plus taxes/fees
Actual confirmed rate: 309.46 AED (412.61 AED – 25%) per night excluding taxes, service charge and fees.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:45 pm

Marriott LNF rate showing only $1 per night??

I successfully filed a LNF claim for a Westin hotel. The rate showing in my account for that reservation is $1 per night, instead of the 25% discount off the matched rate. Is it normal?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:36 pm

I successfully filed a LNF claim for a Westin hotel. The rate showing in my account for that reservation is $1 per night, instead of the 25% discount off the matched rate. Is it normal?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by barcelona_xavi
Assuming it's still the same backend systems as the olden days of BRG, in theory the $1 rate is a placeholder and should get updated when you check-in.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Marriott IT error in your favor, collect $150?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.