Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 6:36 am

Any reason why trip.com is excluded
Old Aug 4, 2020, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Ijones027
Any reason why trip.com is excluded
Because they don't have instant confirmation.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Because they don't have instant confirmation.
Actually it’s because prepaid (or directly paid to trip.com)rates on trip.com are what the industry refers to as leaked rates. This either happens with Marriott’s permission or with Marriott being unable to do anything about it. Leaked rates on OTAs are by definition almost always cheaper than the best available rate for the general public.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 3:48 pm

This whole brg is a scam they denie the claim and wait till last few hours so the rate will go up I won one so far but it takes forever for them" to find it"
Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by cfischer
Also TZO moving to vouchers rather than direct bookings has hurt.
Sorry, does that mean TZO deals that are not vouchers and pick your dates before purchase are still eligible for BRG?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by reggiekush
Sorry, does that mean TZO deals that are not vouchers and pick your dates before purchase are still eligible for BRG?
the few that might be left. Certainly. I have used against TZO in the past. Today though all the current good deals are voucher-based
reggiekush likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by cfischer
the few that might be left. Certainly. I have used against TZO in the past. Today though all the current good deals are voucher-based
Thanks, I found a great one, though the cancellation policy is 4pm the day before not 11:59pm the day before like Marriot . Otherwise, it would be 68 CAD/night difference!
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by reggiekush
Thanks, I found a great one, though the cancellation policy is 4pm the day before not 11:59pm the day before like Marriot . Otherwise, it would be 68 CAD/night difference!
No problems go ahead
reggiekush likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 5:31 pm

Hotel Name: Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
Arrival Date: 2020-10-02
Departure Date: 2020-10-04
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: City room
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $510
Competing Rate: $448
Actual Approved Rate: $407.24
LNF Award: 25% discount for only 1 night
Comments:

First time trying this out and they only matched one night of mine.
Really irritating because the rates I found earlier were even lower but seems like they took exactly 24 hours and then the price went up. Afterwards the match was only for this new rate which was not nearly as good and the 25% was applied for only one night.

I'm trying to fight this as I found a similar deal and want to get the LNF award for two nights.
Not sure the best way around this though. Should I cancel the booking and rebook and submit a new claim or keep going on this email thread?
Old Aug 7, 2020, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Kevin Huynh
Comments:

Really irritating because the rates I found earlier were even lower but seems like they took exactly 24 hours and then the price went up. Afterwards the match was only for this new rate which was not nearly as good and the 25% was applied for only one night.

I'm trying to fight this as I found a similar deal and want to get the LNF award for two nights.
Not sure the best way around this though. Should I cancel the booking and rebook and submit a new claim or keep going on this email thread?
I just keep on going and going on email thread.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by Kevin Huynh
Comments:

This is strange 510*0.75=382.5, how can the approved rate imply a higher rate than the one booked on marriott.com? Maybe the comparison rate was an average rate then the BRG team will compare each individual night in the marriott.com booking against the average rate sometimes this can yield such an outcome that only one night rate gets adjusted.
​​​​​​
Old Aug 8, 2020, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
No problems go ahead
agreed, that should be no problem for LNF.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Hotel Name: Ritz Carlton Reserve Mandapa
Arrival Date: July 26, 2021
Departure Date: July 28, 2021
Room Type: Reserve Suite, 1 Bedroom, Non Smoking, Resort View
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $649
Competing Rate: $646

I submitted this and got denied, with the following response: "Since the default currency of the competing website is not the same as the currency used at this hotel, I used the currency calculator on Marriott.com to convert the rate I found. We have determined the nominal difference in rates is due to currency exchange fluctuation and not actual rate difference. For this reason, I am unable to approve your claim"

Total BS as I clicked on the USD rate on the Marriott site when getting the rate of $649, and Expedia displayed $646. What's the point of BRG when you don't even honor better rates?

Last edited by chongl; Aug 10, 2020 at 12:21 pm
Old Aug 10, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
The rules are the rules. Currency rate fluctuations don’t count.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
"Marriott may deny claims where the difference between the Comparison Rate and the Marriott rate is less than $1. Rate disparities primarily attributable to fluctuations and/or differences in currency exchange rates are excluded from the guarantee."

At what point is it not considered a currency fluctuation? $5, $10, $20? How far back are they looking for the acceptable range of rate? If it's a fluctuation, then the price should be updating once a day or some regular interval...it has not and has remained listed at $649.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.