Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2020, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by cfischer
I am with you. Life post Expedia has been difficult. Also TZO moving to vouchers rather than direct bookings has hurt.
It also hurts not to be able to use Marriott's own rate as comparison rate.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 7:53 am

Tried for a BRG for one room for 4 adults and got this reply:

I am unable to approve your claim as the room type confirmed does not match what was found on the comparison site. You compared these room types:
Marriott Reservation: Studio room with 2 queen beds – Maximum Occupancy of 5 guests
Comparison Source: Studio room with one bed - Maximum Occupancy of 3 guests
Note: The comparison source did show the one bed studio available for 4 guest but the hotel fire code will only allow 3 guests in this type of room.

And my reply:
I rechecked the comparison source and no where does it say that it is for one bed. The reservation is for 4 people. How would they be allowed to rent a room only allowed for 3 people to 4 people? That makes no sense. Room rate says studio standard with no mention of the number of beds or type of beds. So what would happen if I booked with this company and show up at your hotel with a confirmed paid for reservation? Is your hotel going to break fire code or are they going to give me a room with 2 beds?

I went back to the website and changed the reservation to 2 people and the room typed changed to King bed. I did this after I sent the email. During these times you would think they would take every reservation they can get.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
You can't book one type of room and compare with another type of room.

If the OTA doesn't have 2 queen suite then you need to either compare with a one bed suite or try a different hotel.
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
You can't book one type of room and compare with another type of room.

If the OTA doesn't have 2 queen suite then you need to either compare with a one bed suite or try a different hotel.
I agree. But what Marriott was saying was that the 3rd party site was for a Room with a King bed which sleeps 3 when I clearly have 4 adults. Hotel in question doesn’t not have room for 4 people with only one bed. Rooms that accommodate 4 people are 2 queen bed room, and 1 and 2 bedroom suites. They emailed me back and was basing that the room had one because of a bed graphic showing one bed. I just canceled my reservation and will try again with a different 3rd party website. There are at least 3 more with around the same price.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 9:24 pm

Since my BRG was denied and I went ahead and canceled my reservation, how long should I wait to rebook and try again with a different 3rd party rate? Should I do it under a different name? Is this allowed?

Last edited by Wdwglitzy; Aug 1, 2020 at 9:54 pm
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
You don’t have to wait at all. Just give it a new go. I think the Maximum it has taken me was 4 attempts. ;-)
You just need a fresh booking, so you always have to cancel and book again.
The worst that can happen is that the hotel isn’t happy with you booking and canceling all the time. But for the BRG that doesn’t matter.
Wdwglitzy likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
You don’t have to wait at all. Just give it a new go. I think the Maximum it has taken me was 4 attempts. ;-)
The worst that can happen is that the hotel isn’t happy with you booking and canceling all the time. But for the BRG that doesn’t matter.
Thank you. I will definitely try again.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Each cancellation, reservation or modification made online actually costs the hotel something in the order of $2.00 in IT fees.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I once heard of someone who was banned from a hotel for playing that game. But I really think that’s the exception.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Wdwglitzy
Since my BRG was denied and I went ahead and canceled my reservation, how long should I wait to rebook and try again with a different 3rd party rate? Should I do it under a different name? Is this allowed?
I just respond to the email asking them to check again using the new site.

When making original claim in the comments, if I find 2 OTA sites, I also ask for them to check other site if they can’t find on first site.
Wdwglitzy likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
Each cancellation, reservation or modification made online actually costs the hotel something in the order of $2.00 in IT fees.
Where did you get this $2 figure? That sounds awfully expensive.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Wowww, I did cancel and rebook A LOT!!!
Wdwglitzy and FQ415 like this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
wow no wonder hotels want to sell through OTA if that $2 fee is anywhere near accurate....hopefully more BRG opportunities for us
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I just respond to the email asking them to check again using the new site.

When making original claim in the comments, if I find 2 OTA sites, I also ask for them to check other site if they can’t find on first site.
Thank you. I will try that on my next attempt. 🙂
Old Aug 3, 2020, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Where did you get this $2 figure? That sounds awfully expensive.
I might be wrong on the amount... I remember reading Marriott’s statement of fees and it was in that general ballpark... it could have been 50cts, but i think it was higher

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.