Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I agree that it shouldn’t be shared publicly. The risk of someone writing a blog article about it, ruining it for all of us is just too high.
Hyatt is already MUCH stricter in approving BRG claims. Marriott is still really easy.
htb likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I always thought that the notion that MAR would search FT for which OTA that are selling rooms too low is hilarious. The already have the inventory of all BRG request successful and unsuccessful from that they can compute any analytics they want. Hotels that are subjected to a successful BRG claims of course get informed accordingly. Then its a decision at the individual property if they will continue to sell through that particular OTA or not. I guess in some situations they have no choice because the OTA is too big or they have already sold off room inventory,. I am not sure how common the later is but I bet some on FT knows if that is a common practice.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Not posting the names of the OTA was a request by Marriott to FT from before the merger. Thats why people don't post it here.
SPN Lifer, nacho and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Downtown Denver Fail

Hotel Name: Element Denver Downtown East
Date of stay: 6/13/20
Number of Guests: 2 rooms, 2 per room
Room Type: 2x 2Q Studio
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $94

Competing Rate: $83 (booking.com)

Claim was submitted 6/6/20 @ 4:36pm, got no response until the rejection e-mail almost 47hrs later saying they couldn't find the lower rate anymore. It was still there earlier that day but was gone when I checked after the rejection. Their loss, we stayed at a different hotel with an even better rate.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by megalab
Hotel Name: Element Denver Downtown East
Date of stay: 6/13/20
Number of Guests: 2 rooms, 2 per room
Room Type: 2x 2Q Studio
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $94

Competing Rate: $83 (booking.com)

Claim was submitted 6/6/20 @ 4:36pm, got no response until the rejection e-mail almost 47hrs later saying they couldn't find the lower rate anymore. It was still there earlier that day but was gone when I checked after the rejection. Their loss, we stayed at a different hotel with an even better rate.
Yeah that's typical - submitted a claim and I took screenshot for the lower rate, then Marriott came back with denial saying that the rate is not there. I checked and the OTA put the price to match Marriott's rate.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Has Marriott changed the terms of BRG? I submitted a claim for the lowest standard (no pre-pay) rate. I compared it with a standard no pre-pay rate at a competitor. I was denied "because I didn't book the lowest rate." There was a lower rate but it was a pre-pay which I don't want in the age of COVID. Did I get a bad agent or was there a policy change?
Old Jul 21, 2020, 2:37 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Has Marriott changed the terms of BRG? I submitted a claim for the lowest standard (no pre-pay) rate. I compared it with a standard no pre-pay rate at a competitor. I was denied "because I didn't book the lowest rate." There was a lower rate but it was a pre-pay which I don't want in the age of COVID. Did I get a bad agent or was there a policy change?
Hi chicaloca453, when multiple rates for the same hotel, reservation dates, and room type are available through a Marriott channel you must reserve the lowest rate for that room type to be eligible for the guarantee. Visit: https://www.marriott.com/online-hote...ng.mi#bestrate for specific details.

Kind regards,

Leanne
Social Media Liaison
[email protected]
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 2:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Hotel Name: Le Méridien New York, Central Park
Date of stay: Jul 3 - Jul 5
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type:
European Style Cozy King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $322 (pre tax)
Competing Rate: $257.60 (pre tax)
Actual Approved Rate: $193.20 (pre tax)

Amazing location. Excellent staff. Was upgraded to a Junior Suite, loved the style of the room and the decor, an absolutely amazing stay.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:06 pm

Previously the practice was that you could BRG either non-refundable rate @ MAR e vs.non-refundable rate @ OTA OR flexible rate type @ MAR vs. flexible rate type @ OTA. Whether you pre-pay or not was in my experience never a factor in fact many times you could benefit from this practice.. In general the practice what constitutes a flexible rate type is quite generous. However during Covid-19 many hotels are so desperate for cash that even flexible rates are pre-paid but fully refundable if you cancel x days before arrival, hence you need to book that flexible rate if it is the lowest @ marriott.com.. Although many hotels are on their knees so god knows when they put back the money on your CC.

Could it be that the lowest flexible rate @.marriott.com in fact was a pre-paid rate?
SPN Lifer and margarita girl like this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 6:52 pm

Prepayment is not relevant for BRG — what counts is whether the rate is refundable.

Most hotels have converted their ADP rate plans to fully prepaid, refundable rates. In that case, this will be the rate that Marriott will be comparing against any refundable OTA rate, regardless if the OTA requires a prepayment.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
From the BRG T&C’s;

We do not accept package rates that include a combination of a room and travel, airfare, cruise, car rental, etc; we cannot guarantee that room plus other components or amenities such as non-breakfast meals, tickets, gas coupons, etc., can be applied to the reservation.
I’ve found a rate that would otherwise appear valid on a half board basis. Any idea whether that will work?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by jamesie_version1
From the BRG T&C’s;

I’ve found a rate that would otherwise appear valid on a half board basis. Any idea whether that will work?
Last year I had no luck with half-board rate—they approved my claim but adjusted my reservation to room and breakfast only. Others have reported different outcomes in the past.

I did score a full board BRG claim recently, but it was on a booking for the Al Maha, which is (or used to be) a full board only property.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
I got a half board brg claim approved once. Unfortunately it had to be canceled as the resort still closed due to covid.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
What are full-board and half-board?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
What are full-board and half-board?
FB=full-board=Rate that includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
​​​​​HB=half-board=Rate that includes breakfast lunch or dinner (very often in my experience breakfast and dinner).
​​​​​​AI=all inclusive=FB +Soft drinks+house pours.
​​​If you are going to a resort with a family this is sometimes a good value proposition especially if you manage to score a BRG ​​​​​​.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.