Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 5:02 am

I'm at 48 hours now and …...rate is gone.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I spoke to one of the ex-SPG regulars yesterday. She said that out of the 70 BRG employees, only 20 remain. The others have been laid off. She indicated that they are still very busy with lots of claims for Taiwan and Korea. On average, claims are now taking 48 hrs to process. Sounds like you got unlucky.
five days & counting since my first claim from last week....lets see how much longer they take....
Old Jun 9, 2020, 5:21 am

I’m sure former SPG BRG associates must feel right back at home now with these 72+ hours processing times...
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
five days & counting since my first claim from last week....lets see how much longer they take....
2 claims rejected, 1 claim approved & i'm still waiting for a response for the last claim....
Old Jun 10, 2020, 5:43 am

My claim was approved with the usual adjustment of some of the per night rates for the week. Secondly, I was at work so didn't see the email yet on my home address but received a call directly from the hotel on my cell phone telling me about it? Second time this has happened now and really don't understand why they are calling me directly? When checking the emails, I also received two direct emails from the hotel with rates that don't make sense - not urgent so have to call them back to confirm everything is on the up & up.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bravada04
My claim was approved with the usual adjustment of some of the per night rates for the week. Secondly, I was at work so didn't see the email yet on my home address but received a call directly from the hotel on my cell phone telling me about it? Second time this has happened now and really don't understand why they are calling me directly? When checking the emails, I also received two direct emails from the hotel with rates that don't make sense - not urgent so have to call them back to confirm everything is on the up & up.
have only received a call once but i've been getting emails from the properties over 50% of the time....this started about 6 months ago....

one of my claims was approved last evening but i received an email from the property even before the approval email came through....
Old Jun 10, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
48 hours - the new processing time guarantee?

Same here, I submitted two claims for stays in Septembers on Saturday last week. On Monday, almost exactly 48 hours later, I got a response for both claims. One went through and for the second one the rate was gone.
I submitted right away a new claim for the one which was rejected on Monday (same rate, different site) no reply yet. I will be 48 hours in app. 4 hours so lets see. The claims were against US/UK based websites.

Last edited by Zurich35; Jun 10, 2020 at 10:35 am Reason: spelling mistake
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Zurich35
Same here, I submitted two claims for stays in Septembers on Saturday last week. On Monday, almost exactly 48 hours later, I got a response for both claims. One went through and for the second one the rate was gone.
I submitted right away a new claim for the one which was rejected on Monday (same rate, different site) no reply yet. I will be 48 hours in app. 4 hours so lets see. The claims were against US/UK based website.
Unfortunately yes. See post #1500 .
Old Jun 10, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Unfortunately yes. See post #1500 .
On the other hand I guess it is a positive sign. If more people start submitting requests again, like I did myself, they do start thinking and planning on traveling again in the future or even near near future, which is a good sign.
I can live with a 48 hour turnaround time, no problem. Plus if it really picks up again, they can bring back staff that has been furloughed, which is also good.
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by Zurich35; Jun 10, 2020 at 10:36 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 10, 2020, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zurich35
On the other hand I guess it is a positive sign. If more people start submitting requests again, like I did myself, they do start thinking and planning on traveling again in the future or even near near future, which is a good sign.
I can live with a 48 hour turnaround time, no problem. Plus if it really picks ups again, they can bring back staff that has been furloughed, which is also good.
But if it's much longer than 48 hrs as previous posters have said, that is not acceptable. Per my previous post which was deleted, I would recommend getting in touch with a supervisor on the BRG line if that is the case.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: MPC -> QFF
St Regis Yalong Bay

Hotel Name: St. Regis Yalong Bay Sanya
Date of stay: June 20 - 24
Number of Guests: 2
Room Type: Guest Room, 1 King, Garden View
Marriott Brand Website Rate: CNY4,453

Competing Rate: CNY3,860 (Booking.com)
Actual Approved Rate: CNY2,460

Received email approval about 48 hrs after submission. I noticed that within 12 hrs of my submission the property already lowered their rates to match Booking.com. I called Marriott customer service to see what’s up, but the CSR said that she cannot even see BRG submission

The approved rate was quite a bit lower than I expected (~36% lower than Booking.com), I am not sure how they came up with that rate, but I am not complaining
Old Jun 16, 2020, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I must have got lucky. I submitted a BRG request at 7 pm yesterday, and it was approved just over 21 hrs later.

(My first one in many many months.)
Bravada04 and Keyser like this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Can you BRG Design Hotels again? Any special rules (have to book the cheapest prepaid rate etc.)?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Can you BRG Design Hotels again? Any special rules (have to book the cheapest prepaid rate etc.)?
It now works exactly as any other brand.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 2:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.