Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
They were asking to merge accounts by Dec 31, right? I bet you they fired all the consultants that wrote that part of the application on Jan 1, figuring that anyone who hasn't merged yet is going to be #noisearoundtheedges .
There has been no announcement that accounts MUST be combined by a certain date (other than by RogerD408 ). I’m still waiting for that email.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by margarita girl

There has been no announcement that accounts MUST be combined by a certain date (other than by RogerD408 ). I’m still waiting for that email.
Now to be fair, I think I said SHOULD BE if you want the benefit of the combined status sweep. I don't think they ever committed to running the sweeps continuously. I've yet to find a way to turn the clock back so let's see how BONVoY handles it now. Technically, having two accounts is a violation of the T&C's and either or both accounts could go away. I hope they don't do that, but I've hoped for a lot of things that haven't happened with Marriott.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:24 pm

I've mentioned this before, but if you haven't merged your accounts yet, why do it now? I guess I assumed that people that distrusted Marriott IT so much that they were hesitant to merge accounts had actually made the decision to permanently abandon one of their accounts at this point.

For example, there seems to be a lot of former SPG people posting here that didn't have much Marriott activity. Since there were glitches with some mergers with a lot of SPG activity, people might choose to just not merge, let the SPG convert to Marriott Bonvoy, and just never use the old Marriott Rewards account again.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by nkedge
Were you ever successful in getting this sorted? I'm in the exact same boat: filled out the form on the site, 5 days pass, nothing. No indication that it's even in progress. No one on the phone seems to even quite understand what I'm asking to do.
Based on Marriott IT lately, it is safe to assume this request could take weeks or months to fulfill...
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Now to be fair, I think I said SHOULD BE if you want the benefit of the combined status sweep. I don't think they ever committed to running the sweeps continuously. I've yet to find a way to turn the clock back so let's see how BONVoY handles it now. Technically, having two accounts is a violation of the T&C's and either or both accounts could go away. I hope they don't do that, but I've hoped for a lot of things that haven't happened with Marriott.
I was just teasing. You've done a great job of helping people manage this disaster of a merger. For me there was no advantage to combine, so I kept stalling.

The account I plan to abandon still has 400K pts in it and 2 Travel Package certs, so I want to use those up. All new stays are going into the account I'm planning to keep.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by rikramer
Am I alone in having to jump through hoops with this transition? The lack of clarity / training with agents is shocking given how much time they had to prepare for this integration. Any guidance from anyone beyond continually resubmitting the form and calling agents?
Originally Posted by nkedge
Were you ever successful in getting this sorted? I'm in the exact same boat: filled out the form on the site, 5 days pass, nothing. No indication that it's even in progress. No one on the phone seems to even quite understand what I'm asking to do.
Has anyone been successful in the past couple of weeks at merging accounts?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by rover99
Nothing here; It's been over a week and I've had no response from filling out the form and have been unable to find a phone rep that knows how to help. Right now it's a big shrug from everyone it seems.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Made my request a couple of weeks ago, but there has radio silence ever since, and my SPG account is still active. I have about one thousand points in what my old Starwood account. Not a lot, but I would like them. I should have just transferred them when I had the chance.

There is a circular click cycle on the web site. When I log in, there is a "Let's Do This" link to start the merge process. On the landing page for combining, there is a section; "Not sure if you combined yet?", next to a link for "View your Profile". Click on that, and the second item under "Personal Info", is "Combine My Former SPG & Rewards Accounts", with a link for "Start Now". Clicking on that takes me back to the the landing page for combining. And round and round we go...
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:11 am

Does anyone have any insight into how to combine accounts? It appears that filling in the online form does nothing and customer service does not appear to be helpful.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Having issues with this.

My ex-SPG account has gold status from AMEX Platinum. It has no 'combine my account' option to click anywhere and 0 balance.

My ex-Marriott rewards account has been downgraded to silver despite being linked to the SPG account. It is a about to recieve a large(ish) number of points swept over from my SPG AMEX and I want to make a redemption imminently.

I have tried to follow the 'combine' process twice now, recieved the 'please wait 5 days' message but they haven't been combined.

HELP! I really want my ex-Marriott account to show gold before I redeem...
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by JohnneeO
Made my request a couple of weeks ago, but there has radio silence ever since, and my SPG account is still active. I have about one thousand points in what my old Starwood account. Not a lot, but I would like them. I should have just transferred them when I had the chance.

There is a circular click cycle on the web site. When I log in, there is a "Let's Do This" link to start the merge process. On the landing page for combining, there is a section; "Not sure if you combined yet?", next to a link for "View your Profile". Click on that, and the second item under "Personal Info", is "Combine My Former SPG & Rewards Accounts", with a link for "Start Now". Clicking on that takes me back to the the landing page for combining. And round and round we go...
I wonder if you could just transfer the points between accounts. That is legal. You would need to call a Marriott representative for that. I think the limit is 100,000 points per year, so you are well below that. You can just tell the rep that you have requested to combine the accounts, but that has been pending for a while. It's worth a try!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Having issues with this.

My ex-SPG account has gold status from AMEX Platinum. It has no 'combine my account' option to click anywhere and 0 balance.

My ex-Marriott rewards account has been downgraded to silver despite being linked to the SPG account. It is a about to recieve a large(ish) number of points swept over from my SPG AMEX and I want to make a redemption imminently.

I have tried to follow the 'combine' process twice now, recieved the 'please wait 5 days' message but they haven't been combined.

HELP! I really want my ex-Marriott account to show gold before I redeem...
I was in same situation, I got through to a helpful agent on the phone yesterday (calling the line for loyalty program issues). They said they would contact the back-end staff and find out why it is taking so long. Today my accounts have been combined.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:06 pm

I was in same situation, I got through to a helpful agent on the phone yesterday (calling the line for loyalty program issues). They said they would contact the back-end staff and find out why it is taking so long. Today my accounts have been combined.
Could you post the # for the loyalty program issues line?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Could you post the # for the loyalty program issues line?
I'm in the UK and I afaik they only have one UK number: 0080019271927. When it asked what I was calling regarding I just said "combine accounts" and then stayed on the line until it got through to a person.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Happy to report that I logged in this morning and my accounts were finally combined. Took about three and a half weeks from the time I initiated on the website. Never got a follow-up email or any sort of communication about it, but it's at least it's been done!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.