Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Given all accounts are now a Marriott account, I would not expect any issues on the 13th. The biggest change will be an actual name for the program and maybe a tier name change. Remember, this is Marriott and nothing is for sure until it happens, and even then it might not stick.
One likely is going to affect those not keeping up with the news: Apparently the SPG app will stop working around Feb 13, and anyone who was using only that app will have to download the Marriott app instead. We who pay attention on FT know that, but how will those with only an SPG app and who only rarely use it figure it out? Will the SPG app change to simply say "download the Marriott app", or will it simply die with no ability to provide that information?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by sdsearch
One likely is going to affect those not keeping up with the news: Apparently the SPG app will stop working around Feb 13, and anyone who was using only that app will have to download the Marriott app instead. We who pay attention on FT know that, but how will those with only an SPG app and who only rarely use it figure it out? Will the SPG app change to simply say "download the Marriott app", or will it simply die with no ability to provide that information?
The OP was asking about their SPG credit cards, but I am not going to be surprised if both apps die to be replaced with a Bonvoy app. Also, anyone that only briefly reads FT should be aware changes are happening. Those that don't may be caught off guard, but maybe by then Marriott will remember how to send messages to their members.

I personally still use the SPG app and landing page just to register my dislike of Marriott. I know it's a loosing battle, but my way of protesting. Yes, I will switch to whatever is needed to continue using my account, but my email address will still be [email protected] so the jab will still be there.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
What worries me is that my SPG credit cards are showing the SPG number. I have requested that it be changed to the Marriott number at least five times and promised it would happen. It has not happened and I verified that as of today it is still the old SPG number. If I merge, the points will go to the old non-existent number and possibly be lost in the shuffle.
It already tells me to download the MR app. It will probably do something similar later.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by RogerD408
The OP was asking about their SPG credit cards, but I am not going to be surprised if both apps die to be replaced with a Bonvoy app.

There is no Bonvoy app. It's the Marriott app. William has clarified more than once, and it took a while, but I finally understood. When I downloaded it from the link in my SPG app (for the 250 bonus pts), it was just the Marriott app.

Originally Posted by rrgg
It already tells me to download the MR app. It will probably do something similar later.
I've been getting that notification for about 2 weeks. Let's see what happens tomorrow!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by margarita girl

There is no Bonvoy app. It's the Marriott app. William has clarified more than once, and it took a while, but I finally understood. When I downloaded it from the link in my SPG app (for the 250 bonus pts), it was just the Marriott app.

I've been getting that notification for about 2 weeks. Let's see what happens tomorrow!
Let's see what really happens.

EDIT: This morning I see the Marriott app is being updated to the Marriott Bonvoy app, Walks like a duck, talks like a duck... I see it as a new app.
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by RogerD408; Feb 13, 2019 at 10:23 am Reason: New calendar page.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Thanks for the replies. I am working to get the Marriott number on all my cards.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat
Terrible experience with combining accounts

I admit, I've been negligent in following along and reading emails about he migration to Bonvoy. I was lifetime platinum with SPG and Marriott created a new Account number for me for this account. I also had my original Marriott account which is still active. I am trying to consolidate the accounts and it's been impossible. My experience:

1) I call Marriott Bonvoy phone support last week. Agent tells me that it's no longer possible to combine accounts. Then she puts me on hold for 35 minutes and never returns to my call.
2) I find and fill out the form online last week to combine accounts. It states that the accounts will be combined within 5 days. 5 days come and go, nothing happens and the accounts are never combined. I do not receive any emails even acknowledging the request.
3) I am on the phone now again with customer support. The automated phone prompt tell me that after filling out the webform, accounts will be combined within 48 hours (different then what the webform itself states). The agent has opened up a ticket and told me I will hear back in 3-5 days (I'll believe it when I see it).

Am I alone in having to jump through hoops with this transition? The lack of clarity / training with agents is shocking given how much time they had to prepare for this integration. Any guidance from anyone beyond continually resubmitting the form and calling agents?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
I just combined my accounts about 2 weeks ago, folding my platinum SPG into an old Marriott account. Everything went smoothly for me. Points were transferred almost immediately. Stays from end of Jan/ early Feb (under SPG number) showed up in the combined account about 2 days afterwards.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:57 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by rikramer
Am I alone in having to jump through hoops with this transition? The lack of clarity / training with agents is shocking given how much time they had to prepare for this integration. Any guidance from anyone beyond continually resubmitting the form and calling agents?
Do the email address on the two accounts match? How about names and addresses?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Do the email address on the two accounts match? How about names and addresses?
names and address matches. They removed the email adddress from my lagacy Marriott account and I cannot add it back. I received an email a couple weeks ago telling me that the same email address cannot be used for more than one account, so they were removing the email address and I would need to use my ID number moving forward. You would think that alone would be a hint to them that both accounts are owned by the same person. It’s been another day and still no word from Marriott. Ridiculous.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:45 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hi there,

I've had accounts with SPG, RitzCarlton Rewards and Mariott from years ago and never really used them. My Ritz account had one stay of ten days on it and my SPG account a stay of one week from last year. Since I have only stayed with fairmont since then I didn't really follow the news since I was happy with my Fairmont Presidents Club program. Now, however, Fairmont has been integrated into LeCLub Accor (a merger that was actually worse IT and benefits wise than the one we're discussing here), so now I'm trying to get all my accounts in order here again for possible future stays.

The information so far that I found is: I have three bonvoy accounts: One with the number from the ritz, one with the spg number and one with the mariott number, none of which show any stay history whatsoever. the SPG acount is the only one that ahs my address, while the mariott account is the only one that has an email attached to it (I believe it removed it from the other two accounts). In the mergin accounts options it only shows me to merge my rewards with the spg account, but which rewards do they mean? Ritz or mariott? and how do I combine the both rewards accounts? Currently it doesn't even let me merge any of the both rewards account with the spg one, as they don't have an email attached to it. The Ritz and spg account were at some point linked but don't appear to be so anymore... If anybody could tell me how I can merge those accounts and also which account number would make most sense to keep (I'm torn between spg and ritz number) I'd be really greatful.

OT: In comparison, I'm hopefull that this time with hotel account mergers won't top my current record with Accor which was a whopping 2 months! and that only, because I happened to reach a former fairmont employe who was willing to help me (who had to single handedly duplicate the whole account. (I've to this date not received an answer of the leclub support email 8 months later and the phone just hanged up after a time). So I believe it can't get any worse than the above.

Cheers

Nick

Last edited by Nick Art; Feb 27, 2019 at 3:51 am
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Hi there,

I've had accounts with SPG, RitzCarlton Rewards and Mariott from years ago and never really used them. My Ritz account had one stay of ten days on it and my SPG account a stay of one week from last year. Since I have only stayed with fairmont since then I didn't really follow the news since I was happy with my Fairmont Presidents Club program. Now, however, Fairmont has been integrated into LeCLub Accor (a merger that was actually worse IT and benefits wise than the one we're discussing here), so now I'm trying to get all my accounts in order here again for possible future stays.

The information so far that I found is: I have three bonvoy accounts: One with the number from the ritz, one with the spg number and one with the mariott number, none of which show any stay history whatsoever. the SPG acount is the only one that ahs my address, while the mariott account is the only one that has an email attached to it (I believe it removed it from the other two accounts). In the mergin accounts options it only shows me to merge my rewards with the spg account, but which rewards do they mean? Ritz or mariott? and how do I combine the both rewards accounts? Currently it doesn't even let me merge any of the both rewards account with the spg one, as they don't have an email attached to it. The Ritz and spg account were at some point linked but don't appear to be so anymore... If anybody could tell me how I can merge those accounts and also which account number would make most sense to keep (I'm torn between spg and ritz number) I'd be really greatful.

OT: In comparison, I'm hopefull that this time with hotel account mergers won't top my current record with Accor which was a whopping 2 months! and that only, because I happened to reach a former fairmont employe who was willing to help me (who had to single handedly duplicate the whole account. (I've to this date not received an answer of the leclub support email 8 months later and the phone just hanged up after a time). So I believe it can't get any worse than the above.

Cheers

Nick
I think your best hope is to find a very competent CSR and walk through the process very carefully. Marriott IT is not known for their ability to put out a system that handles corner cases very well. First off, I thought it was against the rules to have both a Ritz & Marriott account, so you may have to choose which to abandon if you get a stubborn CSR. Also, you will want to dig up your actual account numbers and use those to access your accounts until you are down to one that has your desired email address. I disagree with the design process that uses an email address as the user name, just way too many failure points there for my liking, so I have unique addresses that allow me to avoid short sighted IT designs. Again, plan this out before making any contact with Marriott and take it one step at a time to make sure they complete each step before moving on to the other. Good luck.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:18 pm

ever since i combined my accounts back in DEC 2018, my point total has not updated, but activity shows up. thought it would be fixed by now. anyone else?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by rikramer
I admit, I've been negligent in following along and reading emails about he migration to Bonvoy. I was lifetime platinum with SPG and Marriott created a new Account number for me for this account. I also had my original Marriott account which is still active. I am trying to consolidate the accounts and it's been impossible. My experience:

1) I call Marriott Bonvoy phone support last week. Agent tells me that it's no longer possible to combine accounts. Then she puts me on hold for 35 minutes and never returns to my call.
2) I find and fill out the form online last week to combine accounts. It states that the accounts will be combined within 5 days. 5 days come and go, nothing happens and the accounts are never combined. I do not receive any emails even acknowledging the request.
3) I am on the phone now again with customer support. The automated phone prompt tell me that after filling out the webform, accounts will be combined within 48 hours (different then what the webform itself states). The agent has opened up a ticket and told me I will hear back in 3-5 days (I'll believe it when I see it).

Were you ever successful in getting this sorted? I'm in the exact same boat: filled out the form on the site, 5 days pass, nothing. No indication that it's even in progress. No one on the phone seems to even quite understand what I'm asking to do.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by nkedge
Were you ever successful in getting this sorted? I'm in the exact same boat: filled out the form on the site, 5 days pass, nothing. No indication that it's even in progress. No one on the phone seems to even quite understand what I'm asking to do.
They were asking to merge accounts by Dec 31, right? I bet you they fired all the consultants that wrote that part of the application on Jan 1, figuring that anyone who hasn't merged yet is going to be #noisearoundtheedges .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.