Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Great. So I combined.

- profile page now says "Congratulations! Your accounts are now combined! We're temporarily unable to display the information you requested. Please try again later."
- I have a link that says "You earned Benefit of Choice for staying 50 nights!" but when I click on it, it says "We're sorry, you're not yet eligible" (combined 80 nights now).

Ahh Marriott.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by Kaloz

Did you pick a choice for the 50 spg night already? Probably the answer depends on that as well as which number you intend to keep. If you keep the MR number, you might get another 50 night choice and the above might work
I don't pick choice for 50 nights.
If i select 5 elite nights and combine with 7 mariott nights it will be total 63+7+5 = 75 nights
That i qualify Platinum premiere and get choice for Platinum Premier 5 SNA right ?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:38 am

Merged accounts resulted in a new SPG account?

there are probably other posts on this, but thought I would ask. I have been Marriott platinum for about 6 years. I also had an SPG account with a handful of points (maybe 50k), but my Marriott account is my primary and had over 1million points in it.

About 5 months ago I went to book a SPG hotel via Marriott.com for the first time. Part of the booking process had me merge my SPG account with my Marriott account. I did this and it looks like it created a new account (new rewards #), and it looks like it thinks I am a SPG member instead of Marriott rewards. All of my points came over correctly, but I would have rather kept the Marriott as my “primary” account as it had all of my activity.

Should I be worried or am I fine as long as all my points are there? I have seen an error with the Marriott mobile app and I think it’s related to my account being SPG. I have no desire to stop using the Marriott mobile app or website. Am I going to have to deal with strange issues until all the kinks are worked out?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Spec1alk
I did this and it looks like it created a new account (new rewards #), and it looks like it thinks I am a SPG member instead of Marriott rewards.
There is no difference between an "SPG member" and an "MR member". Which account you kept depended on how you were logged in. But once they've merged, it's irrevocable.

I have seen an error with the Marriott mobile app
You have to log in (to either app) with your new credentials. Your old ones are gone forever.

Should I be worried or am I fine as long as all my points are there?
No. Yes.
Spec1alk likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
there are probably other posts on this, but thought I would ask. I have been Marriott platinum for about 6 years. I also had an SPG account with a handful of points (maybe 50k), but my Marriott account is my primary and had over 1million points in it.

About 5 months ago I went to book a SPG hotel via Marriott.com for the first time. Part of the booking process had me merge my SPG account with my Marriott account. I did this and it looks like it created a new account (new rewards #), and it looks like it thinks I am a SPG member instead of Marriott rewards. All of my points came over correctly, but I would have rather kept the Marriott as my “primary” account as it had all of my activity.

Should I be worried or am I fine as long as all my points are there? I have seen an error with the Marriott mobile app and I think it’s related to my account being SPG. I have no desire to stop using the Marriott mobile app or website. Am I going to have to deal with strange issues until all the kinks are worked out?
Notice was sent out that when the merger happened SPG number would be changing. This is the first I've heard of anyone forced to combine their accounts due to booking a room, but the combination resulted in one account acquiring all the account data and the other being closed. There were issues for those that used the same credentials to access both account where the system kept trying to access the closed account, but using the correct portal (MR vs SPG) seemed to resolve that. It's easy to say "the accounts are merged" but there is a lot that goes behind that. MPG IT is not demonstrating a strong skill set for user friendly environments.

If you are seeing all you account history and totals, then you should be good to go. If you've preserved your new SPG account, then you should be using the SPG app to access your account.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:14 pm

Hi -

Funny how I can get lifetime info on the app but I keep getting an error message from the website.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nongsom
I don't pick choice for 50 nights.
If i select 5 elite nights and combine with 7 mariott nights it will be total 63+7+5 = 75 nights
That i qualify Platinum premiere and get choice for Platinum Premier 5 SNA right ?
Sounds right. Give a thought about the SNAs, as at 75 night you’ll also have a free night (up to 40k) - it might make sense to go with that.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

Funny how I can get lifetime info on the app but I keep getting an error message from the website.
merged on 27th. few problems. big one is some activity only shows blanks spaces with points (imagine your CC activity with just purchase amounts on the right with no description in the middle). also missing transactions.

def still issues.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Kaloz
Sounds right. Give a thought about the SNAs, as at 75 night you’ll also have a free night (up to 40k) - it might make sense to go with that.
It seems to me that if he picks the SNAs instead of the 5 elite nights, then he will not reach the 75 nights to get that second award.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jn in ca
It seems to me that if he picks the SNAs instead of the 5 elite nights, then he will not reach the 75 nights to get that second award.
Sure, Inwas talking about what to pick for 75.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:09 am

In a few minutes, I will start to combine my so far totally independent, unlinked, unmerged, accounts.

I will go the path of keeping my new, post-merger SPG number.

Wish me luck!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by RogerD408

If you are seeing all you account history and totals, then you should be good to go. If you've preserved your new SPG account, then you should be using the SPG app to access your account.
It does not seem to matter. I did the combine accounts ftom the SPG side, got the new account, went to Marriott app and plugged that number in. Account works correctly from either App. And oddly enough... show the SAME info.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: MYOB

Originally Posted by decentmove
In a few minutes, I will start to combine my so far totally independent, unlinked, unmerged, accounts.

I will go the path of keeping my new, post-merger SPG number.

Wish me luck!
Good luck!!! (Would suggest that you consider “linking” them first, but it’s probably past that point.) Let us know how you made out
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:24 am

I will report back a bit after 72 hours. That's the time they indicated that they'd need to add up numbers and statistics.

We'll see.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:39 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I don't understand why anyone is delaying combining their accounts at this point. Is there an upside I'm missing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.