Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Ah, so it does. Partly, anyway. I see lifetime nights and lifetime years at various statuses (mostly platinum). But I do not see lifetime points. Is that supposed to appear?

Bruce
I can't find them either. I do understand that lifetime points don't enter into the calculation for the program going forward but they do apply until Dec 31st if you're trying to qualify under the old rules. I don't know how one knows if they have qualified under the legacy rules.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by raccah
Well, the nights I have are still wrong, off by 6. I doubt it has to do with my Amex SPG. I have called and they have filed an issue/case, they said wait another week.
I am missing some mid august legacy SPG stays. 3 nights. But there is a banner saying its a known issue, so waiting on it to be resolved.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martyYOW
So, I'm waiting to merge my accounts until all the bugs are worked out (I moved all points into my SPG account before the merge). Is there any advantage to merging into SPG or Marriott? Most of my lifetime nights and years platinum are with SPG, however I've had my MR account since 1999 (vs 2011 with SPG). Is there any advantage to keeping the older MR account?
No. Just pick the one you are more comfortable with. Its all the same either way.

I kept my MR number since I have it memorized.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by royehill
The post showed my current combined points and my lifetime nights. all the math worked correctly and my account also now show my combined nights this year from both programs.
Same here. Combining I hit 60 something nights which put me over the PLT threshold for this year. Am I correct in assuming that this will add 1 to my Years as Platinum or higher for LTP status at some point?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: LT Mariott Platinum?, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Nothing.
Originally Posted by RafKa
You will qualify for LTPP under the combined criteria (regardless of lifetime points, only a combined total of 750 nights and 10 years apply). However, this will only kick in from January 2019. Only legacy MR LTP would have become LTPP on Aug 18.
Man, I *hate* these new level names. I meant to ask should I not have gotten Life Time Platinum Elite using the following criteria:
Achieving lifetime status
  • Lifetime Silver Elite

250 Lifetime Nights + 5 Years Elite Status
  • Lifetime Gold Elite

400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher
  • Lifetime Platinum Elite

600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years Platinum Elite Status
Just on my legacy Marriott nights and Plat. Elite years alone? While it isn't the biggest deal in the world given all of the other issues people are seeing, I do care about lounge access which I had (due to the SPG Amex match) and I have two upcoming stays. Thanks again.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Last night i merged my account and today I got 360 points to my account that says "Point Transfer With Other Account"

Are they not doing the 3-1 conversion from the points left over in your starwood account? 360 was the amount of points I had left! Anyone else experience this?
The points in your new SPG account should already reflect the 3x multiplier (that's what they said they would do and what is reflected in my account). This puts everyone at MPG points. Linking should be gone now with no way to move points between accounts, combining is the only way to put them together and end up with just one account.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by copyright1997
Man, I *hate* these new level names. I meant to ask should I not have gotten Life Time Platinum Elite using the following criteria:
Achieving lifetime status
  • Lifetime Silver Elite

250 Lifetime Nights + 5 Years Elite Status
  • Lifetime Gold Elite

400 Lifetime Nights + 7 Years Gold Elite Status or Higher
  • Lifetime Platinum Elite

600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years Platinum Elite Status
Just on my legacy Marriott nights and Plat. Elite years alone? While it isn't the biggest deal in the world given all of the other issues people are seeing, I do care about lounge access which I had (due to the SPG Amex match) and I have two upcoming stays. Thanks again.
Yes, you should get LTP straight away, but they're having trouble with displaying it (it keeps coming and going).
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:59 pm

In choosing whether to go with old Marriott or SPG/new Marriott account to start the combine process, should I be picking the one with the latest activity date (I don't have regular activity so the later the expiration date the better)? Or does it not matter once I've combined? I have the same mid tier status on both and only a few nights. Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by sharonsimon
In choosing whether to go with old Marriott or SPG/new Marriott account to start the combine process, should I be picking the one with the latest activity date (I don't have regular activity so the later the expiration date the better)? Or does it not matter once I've combined? I have the same mid tier status on both and only a few nights. Thanks.
Should be no difference. No one has reported seeing a difference, however, it's a one-shot event, so no going back and trying something different. Keep screen shots before and do the math. Expect there will be some initial differences but they will get worked out.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Should be no difference. No one has reported seeing a difference, however, it's a one-shot event, so no going back and trying something different. Keep screen shots before and do the math. Expect there will be some initial differences but they will get worked out.
When you say "should be no difference" you may want to walk that back a bit.

There is a HUGE difference. You will not see activity history from the account type you walked away from. Make you choice based upon what data you want to see. This entire transition is a giant cluster and is being so poorly mismanaged that it is amazing there have not been more firings.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Amex Informant
When you say "should be no difference" you may want to walk that back a bit.

There is a HUGE difference. You will not see activity history from the account type you walked away from. Make you choice based upon what data you want to see. This entire transition is a giant cluster and is being so poorly mismanaged that it is amazing there have not been more firings.
I do believe they plan on moving all the history over. But it's not going to happen over night. They started saying within 24-48 hours, now saying up to 72 hours. I'll bet it will go higher for some. The are having enough issues with the separate accounts, I can't imagine the hassles figuring out accounts with people combining and then filing support tickets when it doesn't change right away. I think they should have kept the combine feature off until the base data was done. Those needing immediate combination due up imminent stays should have been able to call in for help. But it is what it is, Monday morning quarterbacking is useless.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:23 pm

Location: DCA's home, AA hubs and spokes are where you'll usually find me
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I've searched the thread to no avail so I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else. I'm an SPG lifetime gold with 647 nights and 9 years of platinum. My plan is to hit platinum on SPG stays this final year which will put me at lifetime platinum premier for Marriott. Two questions -- does anyone know where/if SPG stays are being captured in the new platform? I stupidly didn't take a screen shot before the merger and have a feeling I'm going to have to fight for this one. Secondly, when I attempt to merge my accounts, it shows 28 lifetime nights with SPG which is, of course, completely wrong. I have 28 nights this year. I really don't want to merge these accounts -- is there a downside to not doing so now and waiting until they get some of these issues resolved?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by GloverParker
I've searched the thread to no avail so I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else. I'm an SPG lifetime gold with 647 nights and 9 years of platinum. My plan is to hit platinum on SPG stays this final year which will put me at lifetime platinum premier for Marriott. Two questions -- does anyone know where/if SPG stays are being captured in the new platform? I stupidly didn't take a screen shot before the merger and have a feeling I'm going to have to fight for this one. Secondly, when I attempt to merge my accounts, it shows 28 lifetime nights with SPG which is, of course, completely wrong. I have 28 nights this year. I really don't want to merge these accounts -- is there a downside to not doing so now and waiting until they get some of these issues resolved?
Do you have any LT MR nights? One needs to also have min 750 MR/SPG nights and 10 years Plat to be LTPP 2018
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by GloverParker
ISecondly, when I attempt to merge my accounts, it shows 28 lifetime nights with SPG which is, of course, completely wrong
I can't offer any advice as to the wisdom of combining accounts just yet (I have done so, and things have been inconsistent since, to say the least). But the whole lifetime nights thing just showing 2018 nights vs. true total LT nights is a known bug of the display process as you step through, and did not in my case (nor in any of the others I've read about) have any impact on the final post-merged tally.

It does seem as though you don't have any 2018 MR nights, so as has already been pointed out, hopefully you have MR LT nights from prior years, or you've got a good bit of nights you'll need prior to Dec 31 for LTPP...
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
The points in your new SPG account should already reflect the 3x multiplier (that's what they said they would do and what is reflected in my account). This puts everyone at MPG points. Linking should be gone now with no way to move points between accounts, combining is the only way to put them together and end up with just one account.
Two weeks ago I transferred all my points I could to my Marriott account from my SPG account. I was left with 360 points left in my SPG account. I merged my SPG account to my Marriott account. Shouldn't I be given 1 starwood point equals 3 Marriott points? They just moved 360 starwood points to 360 Marriott Points. I thought I should be given 1,080 points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.