Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ckelly14
I give up. E-mail and passwords the same for both accounts which I think is the issue despite trying multiple web browers/ clearing cookies/etc. Will give it a few days.
If you have an SPG username, use that instead.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Merged my Marriott & SPG accounts into Marriott -- worked. Merged my wife's SPG & Marriott accounts in her new Marriott (former SPG) account -- also worked. When prompted to enter the other program's credentials I used the Marriott Rewards number (either the legacy one, or the new one assigned to match a legacy SPG one) and the password that went with THAT account. Using email/username I had problems, too.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
Refreshing to Reveal LT Status?

Originally Posted by naumank
Sorry about my earlier venting but I decided to give the account merge a try after several success reports on FT. It looks that the LT status requires a refresh and it did so with the account merge. I am still missing one SPG night from a week ago (it was there before 8/18) but everything else appears correct.
Now I'm confused! I succeeded in combining the accounts on the SPG interface and everything seemed fine except for my Lifetime status. I was an SPG LT Platinum before merging and now LT Gold. After reading about refreshing, I signed out and in again with the new SPG number and password and am now seeing the Marriott Rewards interface. When I hit the account overview link, it still says LT Gold, but also says "temporarily unable to display the info requested". Since everything else combined correctly is it safe to assume that at some point in the near future the LT status will catch up with reality or is there something else I should do/ have done? Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I haven't combined my SPG account yet, but I've had no issues. If this is the worst IT merger ever, you clearly didn't experience the United/Continental merger. Those issues were wide spread across customers and took years to fix.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: * Alliance Gold, oneworld Emerald, Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
Combined my accounts keeping MR number through Marriott website. All nights,points and status were combined immediately and correctly. Now showing Platinum Premier and Lifetime Platinum Elite status with almost 900 nights. After January 1st 2019 I should be LT PPE.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:24 am

I go through the process but before I hit confirm I get these errors:
-SPG plus Marriott lifetime nights are both this years nights only
-It leaves out one of the bookings on the SPG side
-I hit confirm anyone and then I get an error message that says cannot merge at this time
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Your lifetime nights should show in the right-hand column of the window that pops up when you click "details" under your current-year nights-earned total on your Activity page. I'm seeing correct totals there.
No, I meant on the combine page. My lifetime nights are actually my current year to date nights. I didn't go any farther than this screen to see if it changed.

Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by ckelly14
I give up. E-mail and passwords the same for both accounts which I think is the issue despite trying multiple web browers/ clearing cookies/etc. Will give it a few days.
I had the same issue. I had attempted unsuccessfully to request a password reset for my SPG account, but it finally worked a few minutes ago. After that, I was able to merge with no problems.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by beltway
If you have an SPG username, use that instead.
For whatever reason, had to change my Marriott password and it worked! All info showing up on the Marriott website as well as the app now.

I guess I delete the Starwood app now? How sad...

My lifetime nights show up, but I don't see where it says that I am lifetime gold...
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:31 am

I've been unable to combine my accounts so far and my reservations and points are divided between old and new Marriott logins which is pretty frustrating. I'm told nobody can even access these accounts for at least another day as the merger is still in process, whatever that means. I guess they're still updating their IT system but it's definitely a clunky way to go about it.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by OliverB
I've been unable to combine my accounts so far and my reservations and points are divided between old and new Marriott logins which is pretty frustrating. I'm told nobody can even access these accounts for at least another day as the merger is still in process, whatever that means. I guess they're still updating their IT system but it's definitely a clunky way to go about it.
A favorite FT term: YMMV

It's been reported that fixes are being done in batches with some working and some not. Going dark until all is done would have been easier for them as right now they have a bunch of moving targets to chase and figure out what you had, what changes have been made, and what you should have. I am of the stand back and watch so no big issues for me. Yes, my data is not correct but I'm ok with that for now.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by CheVive
I just combined my SPG and Marriott accounts online. Had 47,415 SPG points and 18,516 Marriott Points.

Per the 1:3 SPG:Marriott conversion ratio, I should have gotten 3*(47,415) + 18,516 = 160,761 points.

However, my (combined) Marriott account only shows 65,931... How do I fix this?

I'm especially concerned since I wanted to book a redemption stay.
Your 47,415 Points already reflected the 3x conversion.
I had 2300 SPG Points before 18th Aug and post 18th Aug, my SPG Account was showing 6900 Points which means the conversion was already completed.
You cannot double dip.
beltway and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Originally Posted by forecheck
No, I meant on the combine page. My lifetime nights are actually my current year to date nights. I didn't go any farther than this screen to see if it changed.
That's weird -- on the exact same screen when I combined my accounts its showed just 'Nights' and my year to date nights (3 and 14) rather than 'Lifetime Nights' like yours. My lifetime nights DID combine correctly, but it just wasn't on the combine page at all.
So it seems like a label issue -- it should be just 'Nights' not 'Lifetime Nights'?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:00 pm

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.

If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.
That sounds dumb. We went backwards in password security? I'm someone who uses maximum # of characters allowed for my passwords (up to a reasonable length), and so I definitely maxxed out the 24 characters. Hooray for password manager users.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by forecheck
<snap>
The "lifetime" wording was what I had last night, but this morning when I combined, it was gone. Currently the system seems to be fully functional with a few bugs, but I would come back later today and try again.

I combined mine this morning, and now about 6 hours later, SNA, reservations were all updated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.