Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by mckerrow
I just combined my SPG and Marriott accounts. Everything works fine, except for my hotel reservation under SPG doesn't show up after combining. I went to hotel website and use reservation number to check, and it's there. My lifetime status changed to Gold (I was SPG lifetime gold already).

All my hotel stays last week (two Marriott stays & one SPG stays, total 6 nights) are not credited. After system transition, my SPG night is 24 instead of 26. Don't even know if I would be able to get those nights back. Oh well...

*Update: Cannot access the app. Website doesn't show lifetime status... This system integration is worse than UA/CO merger...
*Update 2: app shows almost everything (combine nights, points, life status, & reservations). Suite night awards are not up yet. Website, however, now turns back to info before combining both accounts.

I think the real question to ask here is, "Why does Marriott choose to conduct system integration in the mid-year?"
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by thatsthatmattressman
Is there a link if you want to you combine from SPG site?
Merge and keep SPG account: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg
Merge and keep Marriott account: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I got missing 2 nights stay that I did early Aug. It was showing at SPG before cut over.

My 2 nights stay at Hermitage Jakarta, check in on 18-20Aug, still not posted. Also the hotel cannot print the folio yesterday.

My life time night shows at 249. Question will I still get lifetime gold if I hit 250?

as I have that 2 missing nights then the total night should be 251.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerTalkHandle
My lifetime status is not displaying correctly either. I should have taken screeshots!!!! Called to get my SPG spreadsheet emailed and was told that they can't access my account "today."
My new lifetime status says i'm on my way to LIfetime Silver and shows that I have 1134 lifetime nights (250 required) and 13 years elite (5 required). Silly, but I think this will sort itself out shortly. What is clear that combining my accounts put me over platinum for the year as well as LIfetime Platinum, but this is not yet reflected. Marriott/SPG typically took a day or two after you hit a milestone for it to be reflected. Everything else appears to have merge correctly (with a couple extra SPG lifetime nights for unknown reasons). Now if my SPG reservations would reappear and if I could make points reservations at SPG hotels, all would be good. In January, I should become LTPP.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Merge seemed ok but currently can’t see my 3 outstanding SPG reservations and am missing points/nights from an SPG stay in July.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
My accounts linked just fine. I'm still missing a night or three from SPG after the data integration this weekend but since they have zero affect on my current or my lifetime status I didn't bother with it.

Website merged my (incorrect) nights and points just fine. However, only Marriott reservations appear now. I have to use the SPG app to see the Starwood reservations I had.

The SPG app shows my open reservations and also shows a zero point balance now as those just transferred to my Marriott Rewards #.

And, finally, I still have the broken lifetime/current status. I was Lifetime Marriott Plat before 8/18 which gives me Lifetime Plat Premier. The Marriott app correctly shows my lifetime status as Plat Premier but shows my current status as Plat only. The SPG app still thinks I'm working on Lifetime Silver :-/

-RM
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
I can't merge at all right now.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
I have tried every browser including Safari, Chrome, IE and even a Mobile Browser on my Phone.
I keep seeing the "Coming Soon" greyed out button.
How do I merge my accounts?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:07 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
I keep seeing the "Coming Soon" greyed out button.
How do I merge my accounts?
You have to wait until you get enabled, it’s being done in membership batches
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
i started to link accounts, verified all the information & made it to the last step....but the accounts didn't combine....now when i go back to try again the link is greyed out....
the link is still greyed out for me, 12 hours after it initially allowed me to merge....i'm just going to stay put with 2 separate accounts for now....let marriott sort out all their issues & i'll try again later this week....
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

the link is still greyed out for me, 12 hours after it initially allowed me to merge....i'm just going to stay put with 2 separate accounts for now....let marriott sort out all their issues & i'll try again later this week....
Are you using the link in the wiki? The links that are being posted, including the one in post 107 just a few above this post, are greyed out, at least for me anyway. The one in the wiki is the only one that is not greyed out and worked.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by markis10

You have to wait until you get enabled, it’s being done in membership batches
Actually just figured out - You have to clear your cache and then click on the link given in this thread.
That gave me the "Get Started" button.
I have combined my nights and now have 1387 nights and showing 22 years as Platinum - I have no idea how. I have been a SPG Platinum for 10 years and 1 year SPG Gold. On the Marriott side I was Platinum for maybe 3 - 4 years and always used to get a Soft Landing to Gold. I am guessing all the Gold years have carried over as Platinum (which is expected)
I still see myself as Lifetime Platinum Elite (not the Premier). Any idea if I will be come LTPP immediately OR do I need to wait till the end of the year?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:02 am

I had the same problem - Tried Twice - Both times got an error on the final page.
A 3rd time tried to the link from this page and again went all the way till the final page and this time it worked.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:38 am

Mine moved SPG points into Marriott on a 1-1 basis?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
Want to be more clear, if I reached 2019 Platinum renewal (50 nights) before August, as well as Lifetime Gold (since I reached 250 nights + 5 year elite status), I assume I should be the safe after the merge? Now I am seeing only 33 nights for 2018 (20 was lost, unknown reason)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.