Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Just did the combination.

Everything went smoothly. I kept my MR number (I’m an emotional softy...)

SPG reservations now show up under Marriott app, but are not showing under SPG app.

Last edited by Chewie; Aug 20, 2018 at 4:58 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Keyser
i stated to link accounts, verified all the information & made it to the last step....but the accounts didn't combine....now when i go back to try again the link is greyed out....
Also made it to the last step (moving from Summary > Done) and got this beauty:

Merge Failed

We are unable to merge your accounts at this time. Please try again later.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K3M, Marriott(SPG) Lifetime Plat
Merged successfully. Nights and points were accurate. Let's see if my free night award will come through...

My issue is getting points adjusted for two reservations booked via the old point system. I called SPG customer service, apparently they can't see the number of points used to book free stays, so the agent asked me to wait a day or two to call back. She did say though (and she's not 100% sure because she can't see anything) that if you booked via the old point system you would only be able to get back the number of points you booked with (so 10K booked you'd get back 10K, not 30K). She thinks its unreasonable, but she said just wait and see when the system comes back...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I just combined my SPG and Marriott accounts. Everything works fine, except for my hotel reservation under SPG doesn't show up after combining. I went to hotel website and use reservation number to check, and it's there. My lifetime status changed to Gold (I was SPG lifetime gold already).

All my hotel stays last week (two Marriott stays & one SPG stays, total 6 nights) are not credited. After system transition, my SPG night is 24 instead of 26. Don't even know if I would be able to get those nights back. Oh well...

*Update: Cannot access the app. Website doesn't show lifetime status... This system integration is worse than UA/CO merger...

Last edited by mckerrow; Aug 20, 2018 at 4:46 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
I've manged to merge - but the SPG reservations were not transferred.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA MP (DH is MM 1K, so yeah! so am I!), SPG Platinum/LTG, Marriott Platinum Premier/LT Platinum
Originally Posted by sfsouthbay
Merged successfully. Nights and points were accurate. Let's see if my free night award will come through...

My issue is getting points adjusted for two reservations booked via the old point system. I called SPG customer service, apparently they can't see the number of points used to book free stays, so the agent asked me to wait a day or two to call back. She did say though (and she's not 100% sure because she can't see anything) that if you booked via the old point system you would only be able to get back the number of points you booked with (so 10K booked you'd get back 10K, not 30K). She thinks its unreasonable, but she said just wait and see when the system comes back...
When I can get my reservation to come up (really wonky sometimes shows on SPG.com and the app, sometimes not), it tells me I used 315k pts for my reservation. (35k x 3 x 3 nights).

Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I've manged to merge - but the SPG reservations were not transferred.
in the same boat, i will keep you in mind if I get updates.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:47 pm

Did the merge with SPG and went smoothly....
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by socalsun
It sounds like the same issue I was having. To be honest, I'm not sure why/how it finally went through but suddenly there was a password change confirmation and it was working.

Another tip that was preventing me from resetting my password: I entered a 5-digit ZIP but realized I needed to add the +4 to work. Once I did that, the reset worked.
I tried ZIP+4 as well.

i had to call SPG and have them give me new number and perform an online password reset with that..
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by mickey101
I lost a couple of nights along the way.

Starwood was 74
Marriot was 8

Now total of 75. the last few days, Starwood started to show 67 (which is incorrect)
where can I report this ?
Me too! I was at 65 and it is now showing 59! These numbers (6 in my case) are not the 2/5 of my Amex card, so I have no idea. How many others are missing nights?? I called they said, wait till the end of the week! What a mess.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Tried to merge but now I can't log into SPG.

At this point, I would actually wait until the system is stable. I don't need SPG nights/years to qualify for any status. The only reason I would merge the account now is to trigger the LT status to update which is still not updating.

Last edited by naumank; Sep 6, 2018 at 12:02 am
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:27 pm

I merged from the Marriott page (had higher status there), but now I'm nervous that points from my SPG Amex spending won't transfer over correctly. Fingers crossed the backend will be properly mapped. Appreciate any DPs on cc spend points!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:58 pm

Platinum instead of Gold?

I had SPG Gold from spend on the SPG credit card; my understanding is this was supposed to transfer to Marriott Gold in the new program which meant losing breakfast and lounge access. But after the cutover Marriott is showing me as Platinum. Any other datapoints? Glitch?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Everything worked great for me, including rolling over the 5 SPG credit card nights (which I was not expecting). But I noticed I did not get credited any points from my July SPG AMEX credit card statement. I heard they were waiting until after the merger for that. Anyone have a similar issue? Overall, no other complaints. And yes, my upcoming SPG reservations are now showing on marriott.com and the app.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Chewie
SPG reservations now show up under Marriott app, but are not showing under SPG app.
It no longer permits me to login into my SPG account after combining. I believe this is intended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.