Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
alrvd83 - the combine accounts feature will be done in batches starting later today.

Horace - consider it would've been more helpful and taken you just as long to answer the question posed. Maybe a few more words... but surely more helpful.
thanks. The suspense is killing me 🙂😁
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:33 pm

I got the prompt that shows that I can combine my accounts with respective side by side comparison but it seems my SPG balance is missing my latest stays (3+3+4 nights) as well as the 10 SNAs so I'm afraid to proceed with the combination. Should I wait for it to show up correctly before I combine the accounts or can I go ahead and it will be fixed later?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
alrvd83 - the combine accounts feature will be done in batches starting later today.

Horace - consider it would've been more helpful and taken you just as long to answer the question posed. Maybe a few more words... but surely more helpful.
I answer many questions on this website, even when that means writing quite a few paragraphs.

Sometimes, however, the best best answer is to direct the questioner to a thorough answer that's already been written. In this case, the definitive answer was at the top of this thread, with follow-up discussion— far more informative than just "the combine accounts feature will be done in batches starting later today" — and with the source of the information (and thus its reliability) established.
beltway, cruisr, masonp123 and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:49 pm

Oh no, when I went on website again it showed the next step already (view profile information) as it now seems to think I completed the "View Details" (reviewing account balances side by side) step
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:52 pm

I can't log into my marriott.com account keep getting
We are unable to process your request at this time due to an unprocessable condition. Please try again later.
for the past 2 days...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
There are certainly a lot of quirks.
2018 Marriott: 88 nights
2018 SPG: 38 nights
Pre-merger LTPlatinum with SPG
SPG Nights: 700
Marriott Nights: 88
SPG Platinum years: 11 (plus one year as marriott platinum)
Now both logins read as Platinum Premier via the websites, but I cannot see anything regarding Lifetime
Both Apps note me as Lifetime Silver. Apps have some spend, but clearly not all.

Combine Accounts is greyed-out
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:28 pm

I happened to have SPG, Marriott, and Ritz accounts under my name. My SPG and Marriott accounts are linked but I was not able to link Ritz. Is anybody in the same boat?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello,

What happens if your status is different in each program and you combine accounts?

Currently Gold in SPG but showing Platinum in Marriott. What would you end up with if you combined your accounts?

Thanks for any replies
Anyone??

Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello,

What happens if your status is different in each program and you combine accounts?

Currently Gold in SPG but showing Platinum in Marriott. What would you end up with if you combined your accounts?

Thanks for any replies
You're supposed to get the higher Elite level of the two if they are different.

For some members, combining accounts will mean total nights for 2018 that will bump them up to a higher Elite level than either of their current levels.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by Horace
You're supposed to get the higher Elite level of the two if they are different.

For some members, combining accounts will mean total nights for 2018 that will bump them up to a higher Elite level than either of their current levels.
Thank you Horace for your reply, much appreciated^
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
Members,

This weekend, we began the process of updating our systems to launch our new loyalty program.

At this time, we are excited to share that we have brought together all of our channels and members can now book all 6,700 hotels on Marriott.com, SPG.com and corresponding apps.

Later today, we are planning to rollout Combine Accounts functionality in batches to members to ensure site stability and a seamless user experience. When you log in to your account and see the prompt, you can then manually combine your accounts to view joint activity and one point balance. Accounts can only be combined by you, the member. Even if you linked your Rewards and SPG accounts prior to this change, you still need to take the action to combine your accounts once it is available to you.

To combine your accounts, all you need is your login info for both accounts. Combine and keep your Rewards number here. Prefer to keep your new SPG number? Combine here.

We are also aware of and are currently working to solve a few known issues impacting some members, particularly issues around status not displaying correctly.

As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.

8/20 Update

We are excited to announce that Combine Accounts functionality is now rolling out in batches to members through tomorrow. As a result, when members log in and see the prompt, they will now have the opportunity to combine their accounts.

Best regards,

Marriott Rewards Insider
Thank you so much for the update. While I appreciate the progress on combing the accounts (which still doesn't work for me BTW), I wonder why the lifetime status based on the new qualification is still not reflected in our accounts? Is it an oversight by the IT? It appears that you have considered all potential issues and have done a great job in the IT system merge so far. But why something as basic as the lifetime status cannot be reflected by now, even though the LT nights and years are already there?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: Free agent
Nm, the link just became active when I logged in through my SPG vs Marriott account.

Last edited by jmail1; Aug 20, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jmail1
My accounts were combined long ago but my points are in limbo. I did not transfer them from SPG to Marriott prior to the merger now I don't see them anywhere. The Cat 7 hotels are booking up fast and I can't do anything until I get my points.
What is "long ago"? This feature was only made available within the last day or so.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
What is "long ago"? This feature was only made available within the last day or so.
I think jmail1 meant to say linked account.

I did that and moved all but 519 points, which I could not move given they only let you do it in 1000 increments.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I think they mean they were linked. It appears the the combine function is just being made available today and is rolling out in batches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.