Combine Accounts Update

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 21, 19, 12:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RogerD408
Wiki Link
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Feb 22, 19, 6:43 am
  #1096  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat
Posts: 409
Originally Posted by yosithezet View Post
Do the email address on the two accounts match? How about names and addresses?
names and address matches. They removed the email adddress from my lagacy Marriott account and I cannot add it back. I received an email a couple weeks ago telling me that the same email address cannot be used for more than one account, so they were removing the email address and I would need to use my ID number moving forward. You would think that alone would be a hint to them that both accounts are owned by the same person. Itís been another day and still no word from Marriott. Ridiculous.
rikramer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 19, 3:45 am
  #1097  
Marriott Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,189
Hi there,

I've had accounts with SPG, RitzCarlton Rewards and Mariott from years ago and never really used them. My Ritz account had one stay of ten days on it and my SPG account a stay of one week from last year. Since I have only stayed with fairmont since then I didn't really follow the news since I was happy with my Fairmont Presidents Club program. Now, however, Fairmont has been integrated into LeCLub Accor (a merger that was actually worse IT and benefits wise than the one we're discussing here), so now I'm trying to get all my accounts in order here again for possible future stays.

The information so far that I found is: I have three bonvoy accounts: One with the number from the ritz, one with the spg number and one with the mariott number, none of which show any stay history whatsoever. the SPG acount is the only one that ahs my address, while the mariott account is the only one that has an email attached to it (I believe it removed it from the other two accounts). In the mergin accounts options it only shows me to merge my rewards with the spg account, but which rewards do they mean? Ritz or mariott? and how do I combine the both rewards accounts? Currently it doesn't even let me merge any of the both rewards account with the spg one, as they don't have an email attached to it. The Ritz and spg account were at some point linked but don't appear to be so anymore... If anybody could tell me how I can merge those accounts and also which account number would make most sense to keep (I'm torn between spg and ritz number) I'd be really greatful.

OT: In comparison, I'm hopefull that this time with hotel account mergers won't top my current record with Accor which was a whopping 2 months! and that only, because I happened to reach a former fairmont employe who was willing to help me (who had to single handedly duplicate the whole account. (I've to this date not received an answer of the leclub support email 8 months later and the phone just hanged up after a time). So I believe it can't get any worse than the above.

Cheers

Nick

Last edited by Nick Art; Feb 27, 19 at 3:51 am
Nick Art is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 19, 10:45 am
  #1098  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,309
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Hi there,

I've had accounts with SPG, RitzCarlton Rewards and Mariott from years ago and never really used them. My Ritz account had one stay of ten days on it and my SPG account a stay of one week from last year. Since I have only stayed with fairmont since then I didn't really follow the news since I was happy with my Fairmont Presidents Club program. Now, however, Fairmont has been integrated into LeCLub Accor (a merger that was actually worse IT and benefits wise than the one we're discussing here), so now I'm trying to get all my accounts in order here again for possible future stays.

The information so far that I found is: I have three bonvoy accounts: One with the number from the ritz, one with the spg number and one with the mariott number, none of which show any stay history whatsoever. the SPG acount is the only one that ahs my address, while the mariott account is the only one that has an email attached to it (I believe it removed it from the other two accounts). In the mergin accounts options it only shows me to merge my rewards with the spg account, but which rewards do they mean? Ritz or mariott? and how do I combine the both rewards accounts? Currently it doesn't even let me merge any of the both rewards account with the spg one, as they don't have an email attached to it. The Ritz and spg account were at some point linked but don't appear to be so anymore... If anybody could tell me how I can merge those accounts and also which account number would make most sense to keep (I'm torn between spg and ritz number) I'd be really greatful.

OT: In comparison, I'm hopefull that this time with hotel account mergers won't top my current record with Accor which was a whopping 2 months! and that only, because I happened to reach a former fairmont employe who was willing to help me (who had to single handedly duplicate the whole account. (I've to this date not received an answer of the leclub support email 8 months later and the phone just hanged up after a time). So I believe it can't get any worse than the above.

Cheers

Nick
I think your best hope is to find a very competent CSR and walk through the process very carefully. Marriott IT is not known for their ability to put out a system that handles corner cases very well. First off, I thought it was against the rules to have both a Ritz & Marriott account, so you may have to choose which to abandon if you get a stubborn CSR. Also, you will want to dig up your actual account numbers and use those to access your accounts until you are down to one that has your desired email address. I disagree with the design process that uses an email address as the user name, just way too many failure points there for my liking, so I have unique addresses that allow me to avoid short sighted IT designs. Again, plan this out before making any contact with Marriott and take it one step at a time to make sure they complete each step before moving on to the other. Good luck.
RogerD408 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 19, 2:18 pm
  #1099  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: SFO/LAX/SAN/LAS/JFK/LGA/EWR
Posts: 223
ever since i combined my accounts back in DEC 2018, my point total has not updated, but activity shows up. thought it would be fixed by now. anyone else?
GundamWing01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 19, 9:12 am
  #1100  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BNA
Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by rikramer View Post
I admit, I've been negligent in following along and reading emails about he migration to Bonvoy. I was lifetime platinum with SPG and Marriott created a new Account number for me for this account. I also had my original Marriott account which is still active. I am trying to consolidate the accounts and it's been impossible. My experience:

1) I call Marriott Bonvoy phone support last week. Agent tells me that it's no longer possible to combine accounts. Then she puts me on hold for 35 minutes and never returns to my call.
2) I find and fill out the form online last week to combine accounts. It states that the accounts will be combined within 5 days. 5 days come and go, nothing happens and the accounts are never combined. I do not receive any emails even acknowledging the request.
3) I am on the phone now again with customer support. The automated phone prompt tell me that after filling out the webform, accounts will be combined within 48 hours (different then what the webform itself states). The agent has opened up a ticket and told me I will hear back in 3-5 days (I'll believe it when I see it).

Am I alone in having to jump through hoops with this transition? The lack of clarity / training with agents is shocking given how much time they had to prepare for this integration. Any guidance from anyone beyond continually resubmitting the form and calling agents?
Were you ever successful in getting this sorted? I'm in the exact same boat: filled out the form on the site, 5 days pass, nothing. No indication that it's even in progress. No one on the phone seems to even quite understand what I'm asking to do.
nkedge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 19, 2:15 pm
  #1101  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: YUL
Programs: Occasional RTW club
Posts: 6,100
Originally Posted by nkedge View Post
Were you ever successful in getting this sorted? I'm in the exact same boat: filled out the form on the site, 5 days pass, nothing. No indication that it's even in progress. No one on the phone seems to even quite understand what I'm asking to do.
They were asking to merge accounts by Dec 31, right? I bet you they fired all the consultants that wrote that part of the application on Jan 1, figuring that anyone who hasn't merged yet is going to be #noisearoundtheedges .
Pseudo Nim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 19, 2:52 pm
  #1102  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Posts: 11,614
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
They were asking to merge accounts by Dec 31, right? I bet you they fired all the consultants that wrote that part of the application on Jan 1, figuring that anyone who hasn't merged yet is going to be #noisearoundtheedges .
There has been no announcement that accounts MUST be combined by a certain date (other than by RogerD408 ). Iím still waiting for that email.
margarita girl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 19, 6:26 pm
  #1103  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,309
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post


There has been no announcement that accounts MUST be combined by a certain date (other than by RogerD408 ). Iím still waiting for that email.
Now to be fair, I think I said SHOULD BE if you want the benefit of the combined status sweep. I don't think they ever committed to running the sweeps continuously. I've yet to find a way to turn the clock back so let's see how BONVoY handles it now. Technically, having two accounts is a violation of the T&C's and either or both accounts could go away. I hope they don't do that, but I've hoped for a lot of things that haven't happened with Marriott.
RogerD408 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 19, 7:24 pm
  #1104  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 94
I've mentioned this before, but if you haven't merged your accounts yet, why do it now? I guess I assumed that people that distrusted Marriott IT so much that they were hesitant to merge accounts had actually made the decision to permanently abandon one of their accounts at this point.

For example, there seems to be a lot of former SPG people posting here that didn't have much Marriott activity. Since there were glitches with some mergers with a lot of SPG activity, people might choose to just not merge, let the SPG convert to Marriott Bonvoy, and just never use the old Marriott Rewards account again.
Jaunts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 19, 7:30 pm
  #1105  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 94
Originally Posted by nkedge View Post
Were you ever successful in getting this sorted? I'm in the exact same boat: filled out the form on the site, 5 days pass, nothing. No indication that it's even in progress. No one on the phone seems to even quite understand what I'm asking to do.
Based on Marriott IT lately, it is safe to assume this request could take weeks or months to fulfill...
Jaunts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 19, 7:53 pm
  #1106  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Posts: 11,614
Originally Posted by RogerD408 View Post
Now to be fair, I think I said SHOULD BE if you want the benefit of the combined status sweep. I don't think they ever committed to running the sweeps continuously. I've yet to find a way to turn the clock back so let's see how BONVoY handles it now. Technically, having two accounts is a violation of the T&C's and either or both accounts could go away. I hope they don't do that, but I've hoped for a lot of things that haven't happened with Marriott.
I was just teasing. You've done a great job of helping people manage this disaster of a merger. For me there was no advantage to combine, so I kept stalling.

The account I plan to abandon still has 400K pts in it and 2 Travel Package certs, so I want to use those up. All new stays are going into the account I'm planning to keep.
margarita girl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 19, 5:59 am
  #1107  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by rikramer View Post
Am I alone in having to jump through hoops with this transition? The lack of clarity / training with agents is shocking given how much time they had to prepare for this integration. Any guidance from anyone beyond continually resubmitting the form and calling agents?
Originally Posted by nkedge View Post
Were you ever successful in getting this sorted? I'm in the exact same boat: filled out the form on the site, 5 days pass, nothing. No indication that it's even in progress. No one on the phone seems to even quite understand what I'm asking to do.
Has anyone been successful in the past couple of weeks at merging accounts?
rover99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 19, 8:54 am
  #1108  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BNA
Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by rover99 View Post
Has anyone been successful in the past couple of weeks at merging accounts?
Nothing here; It's been over a week and I've had no response from filling out the form and have been unable to find a phone rep that knows how to help. Right now it's a big shrug from everyone it seems.
nkedge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 19, 9:02 am
  #1109  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: EWR
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Posts: 806
Originally Posted by rover99 View Post
Has anyone been successful in the past couple of weeks at merging accounts?
Made my request a couple of weeks ago, but there has radio silence ever since, and my SPG account is still active. I have about one thousand points in what my old Starwood account. Not a lot, but I would like them. I should have just transferred them when I had the chance.

There is a circular click cycle on the web site. When I log in, there is a "Let's Do This" link to start the merge process. On the landing page for combining, there is a section; "Not sure if you combined yet?", next to a link for "View your Profile". Click on that, and the second item under "Personal Info", is "Combine My Former SPG & Rewards Accounts", with a link for "Start Now". Clicking on that takes me back to the the landing page for combining. And round and round we go...
JohnneeO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 19, 6:11 am
  #1110  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 12
Does anyone have any insight into how to combine accounts? It appears that filling in the online form does nothing and customer service does not appear to be helpful.
rover99 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread