Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by TerryK
I don't think confirmation email is valid proof of stay. You could have no-showed or departed early.
yes, but with the confirmation number on the email they should be able to determine the length of stay....
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Keyser
yes, but with the confirmation number on the email they should be able to determine the length of stay....
Also, remember some confirmation numbers changed when the property system was migrated over, so the number in the email may show as have never been used. I hate abusing the bank, but maybe disputing the charge claiming they are saying you never stayed will get their attention.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
I cannot believe I am the only one who got this, but I don't see it mentioned anywhere. Today I got the following e mail. It may provide insight into the "change one e mail address before combining accounts" issue, as well as a potential drop dead date for combining accounts. Knowing Marriott's wonky IT, I will not wait until the last minute to combine, and I suggest everyone else do the same.
.JN, as you may know, our loyalty programs (Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and SPG®) will soon share a single name and website. Our records indicate that at this time you are using the same email address for multiple loyalty program accounts. Following the launch of the unified loyalty website, an email address can only be associated with one member account.

Therefore, we ask that you take one of the two actions listed below before January 22, 2019. If you choose not to take action, the email address on the profile for your SPG account XXXXX####* will be removed.

STEP 1. Go to spg.com from your browser. Click “Sign In or Join” at the top.STEP 2. After logging in, click your name in the upper-right corner and select “Profile.”STEP 3. You then have two options:

OPTION 1: Combine accounts (recommended)

You can combine your accounts into a single account, which will also add together your nights and points and enable you to reach Elite status faster. (Note: There is no benefit to maintaining multiple accounts.)To combine accounts: Select “Start Now” next to “Combine My SPG & Rewards Accounts” and follow the instructions.

OPTION 2: Change the email address on one account

You can change the email address on one of your accounts. To change an email address: “Edit” next to “Personal Info,” change your email address in both fields and click “Save.”

If you choose not to combine accounts or change one of your email addresses, you’ll be notified by email when your email address is removed from your profile for account XXXXX####. You’ll still be able to log in to that account using your Member Number and password. Points and Elite night balances, etc., will be unaffected.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:51 am

well, well, well... did anyone see the new message on the https://choice-benefit.marriott.com URL? very interesting.

Maintenance
Thank you for your patience while we work to have the Annual Choice Benefit site back up and running. Please revisit this site the week of January 14.

The January 14, 2019, deadline for choosing your Annual Choice Benefit has been extended to February 7, 2019.

Originally Posted by jn in ca
I cannot believe I am the only one who got this, but I don't see it mentioned anywhere. Today I got the following e mail. It may provide insight into the "change one e mail address before combining accounts" issue, as well as a potential drop dead date for combining accounts. Knowing Marriott's wonky IT, I will not wait until the last minute to combine, and I suggest everyone else do the same.

JN, as you may know, our loyalty programs (Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and SPG®) will soon share a single name and website. Our records indicate that at this time you are using the same email address for multiple loyalty program accounts. Following the launch of the unified loyalty website, an email address can only be associated with one member account.

Therefore, we ask that you take one of the two actions listed below before January 22, 2019. If you choose not to take action, the email address on the profile for your SPG account XXXXX####* will be removed.
uhh... so you STILL havent combined your accounts? are you part of the resistance? its funny that you mention "I will not wait until the last minute to combine, and I suggest everyone else do the same." well, you pretty much waited until the last minute and most people combined before 2019 already. thats why youre the only one who got the email. not sure why you think everyone is still chilling.

however, your email is interesting because it means one could in theory maintain BOTH accounts separately. just can not use the same email. MPG is not deleting spg accounts i guess. maybe that could come in handy for various reasons. depends how bonvoy handles duplicate accounts.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jan 11, 2019 at 3:56 am
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
well, well, well... did anyone see the new message on the https://choice-benefit.marriott.com URL? very interesting.

Maintenance
Thank you for your patience while we work to have the Annual Choice Benefit site back up and running. Please revisit this site the week of January 14.

The January 14, 2019, deadline for choosing your Annual Choice Benefit has been extended to February 7, 2019.

uhh... so you STILL havent combined your accounts? are you part of the resistance? its funny that you mention "I will not wait until the last minute to combine, and I suggest everyone else do the same." well, you pretty much waited until the last minute and most people combined before 2019 already. thats why youre the only one who got the email. not sure why you think everyone is still chilling.

however, your email is interesting because it means one could in theory maintain BOTH accounts separately. just can not use the same email. MPG is not deleting spg accounts i guess. maybe that could come in handy for various reasons. depends how bonvoy handles duplicate accounts.
I will NOT combine my accounts! Why because I wanna double dip and wait until it's the right opportunity to combine
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:39 am

Maintenance

PSA: choice benefit page is up and running. looks like it works now and its correctly showing 75 night selection options for me.

but im super curious how the five Elite Night Credits work in 2019. hmm. it should add to the 2019 total.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob

but im super curious how the five Elite Night Credits work in 2019. hmm. it should add to the 2019 total.
Per the T&Cs:

Five Elite Night Credits
  1. Upon an eligible Platinum Elite or Platinum Premier Elite Member selecting the Five Elite Night Credits as his/her Annual Choice Benefit, the Member will have his/her Member account credited with five (5) bonus Elite Nights which count toward earning Elite status only. These bonus Elite Nights do not count toward Lifetime status. Elite Nights and Elite Membership status are subject to the Program Rules in section 4.2.b.
  2. The five (5) Elite Night Credits will be reflected in the Member account within forty-eight (48) hours of the receipt of the confirmation of the Annual Choice Benefit selection.
  3. Elite Nights that are awarded to an eligible Platinum Elite or Platinum Premier Elite Member as the Member's Annual Choice Benefit will be awarded in the Eligible Status Year for which the Elite Nights were earned, regardless of when the Member selects the Five Elite Night Credits as his/her Annual Choice Benefit. For the avoidance of doubt, the Eligible Calendar Year in which the Annual Choice Benefit is earned is the Eligible Calendar Year for which the Elite Nights will be credited toward earning Elite membership status.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
PSA: choice benefit page is up and running. looks like it works now and its correctly showing 75 night selection options for me.

Only if you choose the Elite Nights AFTER earning the choice in 2019. Many have pretty much thrown their choice away by choosing elite nights with no hope of reaching the next tier. Some lessons are tougher than others.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Per the T&Cs:

Five Elite Night Credits
  1. Upon an eligible Platinum Elite or Platinum Premier Elite Member selecting the Five Elite Night Credits as his/her Annual Choice Benefit, the Member will have his/her Member account credited with five (5) bonus Elite Nights which count toward earning Elite status only. These bonus Elite Nights do not count toward Lifetime status. Elite Nights and Elite Membership status are subject to the Program Rules in section 4.2.b.
  2. The five (5) Elite Night Credits will be reflected in the Member account within forty-eight (48) hours of the receipt of the confirmation of the Annual Choice Benefit selection.
  3. Elite Nights that are awarded to an eligible Platinum Elite or Platinum Premier Elite Member as the Member's Annual Choice Benefit will be awarded in the Eligible Status Year for which the Elite Nights were earned, regardless of when the Member selects the Five Elite Night Credits as his/her Annual Choice Benefit. For the avoidance of doubt, the Eligible Calendar Year in which the Annual Choice Benefit is earned is the Eligible Calendar Year for which the Elite Nights will be credited toward earning Elite membership status.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Only if you choose the Elite Nights AFTER earning the choice in 2019. Many have pretty much thrown their choice away by choosing elite nights with no hope of reaching the next tier. Some lessons are tougher than others.
appreciate the insight. i was hoping things were different in practice, but looks like im gonna just choose the free night again.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
appreciate the insight. i was hoping things were different in practice, but looks like im gonna just choose the free night again.
Well, that’s the way it always was with SPG, so not a surprise to those of us who have been choosing the gift for years.

BTW, Marriott changed its mind on the free night. Those certs now expire on Dec 31, 2019 in spite of the T&Cs saying otherwise.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

For folks like me that had not combined their accounts yet, will we still be able to combine after both accounts crossover to the new BONVOY (cringe) program?
I was thinking at some point, Marriott will force members by automatically combining these accounts in the back end, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Don't know why I stuck it out for so long, but since post-merger, both my accounts had remained as Plat status, and this was particularly helpful when I made double bookings for family vaca (1 on each account), to continue earning multiple elite nights and receive elite benefit.
I'm still waiting on some missing stays and promo points to post before I merge them.
So any input/suggestions are welcomed!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
For folks like me that had not combined their accounts yet, will we still be able to combine after both accounts crossover to the new BONVOY (cringe) program?
I was thinking at some point, Marriott will force members by automatically combining these accounts in the back end, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Don't know why I stuck it out for so long, but since post-merger, both my accounts had remained as Plat status, and this was particularly helpful when I made double bookings for family vaca (1 on each account), to continue earning multiple elite nights and receive elite benefit.
I'm still waiting on some missing stays and promo points to post before I merge them.
So any input/suggestions are welcomed!
Just keep in mind that when they do the sweep your accounts will be evaluated separately. So if your combined activity is needed to qualify for a higher annual or LT status, the combination should be done before the sweep, if it's not already too late. At some point I think Bonvoy will draw the line at duplicate accounts as it is against the T&Cs and it's unknown if they will extract some form of penalty.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Just keep in mind that when they do the sweep your accounts will be evaluated separately. So if your combined activity is needed to qualify for a higher annual or LT status, the combination should be done before the sweep, if it's not already too late. At some point I think Bonvoy will draw the line at duplicate accounts as it is against the T&Cs and it's unknown if they will extract some form of penalty.
I think it might already be too late for me, I missed combining before the new year, so it shows 0 nights on both accounts now. So even if I combine now, I don't think the sweep will read my nights from both accounts last year.
I did receive an email from SPG saying that I should change my email account because they do not allow duplicate emails, but account and points will remain in tact.

I earned the Plat elite status via Marriott last year pre-merged, and extended to SPG through the status matching program.
Post merge, it mapped into Plat Premier for my Marriott account, and Plat for SPG account.
I'm assuming that my status will last me through till Jan 2020, or would the sweep downlevel me back to Plat?
So there is no motivation for me to hit Ambassador Elite since they don't crossover now.

Note: For your security, there are no active links in this message. Please go to marriott.com to complete the recommended action.

Bluestrudels, as you may know, our loyalty programs (Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and SPG®) will soon share a single name and website. Our records indicate that at this time you are using the same email address for multiple loyalty program accounts. Following the launch of the unified loyalty website, an email address can only be associated with one member account.

Therefore, we ask that you take one of the two actions listed below before January 22, 2019. If you choose not to take action, the email address on the profile for your SPG account XXXXX* will be removed.

STEP 1. Go to spg.com from your browser. Click “Sign In or Join” at the top.

STEP 2. After logging in, click your name in the upper-right corner and select “Profile.”

STEP 3. You then have two options:
OPTION 1: Combine accounts (recommended)

You can combine your accounts into a single account, which will also add together your nights and points and enable you to reach Elite status faster. (Note: There is no benefit to maintaining multiple accounts.)

To combine accounts: Select “Start Now” next to “Combine My SPG & Rewards Accounts” and follow the instructions.
OPTION 2: Change the email address on one account

You can change the email address on one of your accounts. To change an email address: “Edit” next to “Personal Info,” change your email address in both fields and click “Save.”

If you choose not to combine accounts or change one of your email addresses, you’ll be notified by email when your email address is removed from your profile for account XXXXX. You’ll still be able to log in to that account using your Member Number and password. Points and Elite night balances, etc., will be unaffected.

Please see our loyalty program FAQs on marriott.com for more information.

*Your stay or points usage activity after this mailing could affect which account is selected.

Last edited by exploreaswego; Jan 17, 2019 at 10:47 am
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
I think it might already be too late for me, I missed combining before the new year, so it shows 0 nights on both accounts now. So even if I combine now, I don't think the sweep will read my nights from both accounts last year.
I did receive an email from SPG saying that I should change my email account because they do not allow duplicate emails, but account and points will remain in tact.
Yes, you won't be able to see the combination of your annual nights as they have been reset, but your points and LT nights are still visible. AND, I'm sure they have last years numbers internally or the sweep would be useless, so I still contend combining now will not hurt you (other than gaming the system to get double room credit that is not due which could go away at any time).
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by jn in ca
If you choose not to combine accounts or change one of your email addresses, you’ll be notified by email when your email address is removed from your profile for account XXXXX####. You’ll still be able to log in to that account using your Member Number and password. Points and Elite night balances, etc., will be unaffected.
I combined my accounts and they had different email addresses. Now I want to change my email to the one in the closed account. Has anyone done this?

I figure this will screw things up so I’ll either call or wait at least until the 1/22 update happens.

Last edited by rrgg; Jan 17, 2019 at 5:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.