Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
hmmm... looks like marriot is well aware of the choice benefit website issues.

now the website says:
Maintenance
Thanks for checking in.

You've arrived at the right place, but we're doing a little maintenance right now.

Our updated site will be up and running in no time. Thanks for your patience, and please check in again soon.
Anyone else see this as a scary phrase from MPG IT?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Anyone else see this as a scary phrase from MPG IT?
after MPG released their stupid eediot name, ya. Marriott Bonvoy is more like Marriott Bye Bye...
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:22 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
what is MPG
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by pvn
what is MPG
Just a guess as to what name they might choose for the program: Marriott Preferred Guest. Just like some use Starriot or Marriwood.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:23 pm

Out of curiosity, has Marriott done any updates to the lifetime year counts since the beginning of 2019, or is it assumed they’ll do a pass later? I finished the year as Plat Premier and didn’t see the counts change, not sure if anybody else has.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fluxtravels
Out of curiosity, has Marriott done any updates to the lifetime year counts since the beginning of 2019, or is it assumed they’ll do a pass later? I finished the year as Plat Premier and didn’t see the counts change, not sure if anybody else has.
I wouldn't expect much in the way of changes until they deem all the 2018 data has posted which is sometime during the month. Gonna be a busy January once they get started.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I wouldn't expect much in the way of changes until they deem all the 2018 data has posted which is sometime during the month. Gonna be a busy January once they get started.
I don’t understand why Marriott cannot update one’s LT years as soon as one achieves the status in the year. We don’t wait until January next year to see the LT night counter update.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by naumank

I don’t understand why Marriott cannot update one’s LT years as soon as one achieves the status in the year. We don’t wait until January next year to see the LT night counter update.
"Why?" is a question we will be asking for a very long time about a lot of things Marriott has done and probably will do.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by fluxtravels
I had the same question and did not know if program years ran on a calendar year or would increase on the sign up date.

But fixing the number of LPPP years is small stuff when compared to the 5,000,000 passport numbers lost to hackers. And the NY Times reports today: “Sorenson, has not answered questions about the hacking in public, and Marriott said he was traveling...”

Full stop — you can’t find the president and chief executive of Marriott to answer a couple of critical questions?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Marriott claims i had 61 lifetime nights in my Marriott Rewards account when I merged accounts on 20 Sept 2018. However I am pretty sure I have about 100 lifetime Marriott nights although in the past i was shooting for SPG lifetime platinum so never bothered with the marriott Lifetime nights counter

I asked Marriott to provide me with the list of 61 lifetime Marriott nights I have but they refused to do so claiming their systems cannot provide that information. However they did give me a partial but incomplete list of nights from 2015 to 2017, and i proved to them that the 2017 list was clearly wrong with four night stays ( proved with confirmation emails) showing as one night stay in their count. They claimed they will investigate but have so far not comeback with anything

With all the systems mess, I wonder if one can take their word that the lifetime counter is correct, although they are adamant it is correct without agreeing to provide the list of lifetime stays
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:42 am

I think you have to prove it, not they.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
...............i proved to them that the 2017 list was clearly wrong with four night stays ( proved with confirmation emails) showing as one night stay in their count.....
I don't think confirmation email is valid proof of stay. You could have no-showed or departed early.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
It's really annoying.
79 nights in 2018, but my 5 nights stay in December did not post (even after contacting the call center, the hotel directly and customer service by email).
I don't know what I need to do to have those nights posted and have my correct status, as well as the choice for the 75 nights gift. What will happen if the stay is posted after 14th of January (cut off date for the choice of the gift). Will it be only 5 SNAs even though it was their mistake to post late?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Marriott claims i had 61 lifetime nights in my Marriott Rewards account when I merged accounts on 20 Sept 2018. However I am pretty sure I have about 100 lifetime Marriott nights although in the past i was shooting for SPG lifetime platinum so never bothered with the marriott Lifetime nights counter

I asked Marriott to provide me with the list of 61 lifetime Marriott nights I have but they refused to do so claiming their systems cannot provide that information. However they did give me a partial but incomplete list of nights from 2015 to 2017, and i proved to them that the 2017 list was clearly wrong with four night stays ( proved with confirmation emails) showing as one night stay in their count. They claimed they will investigate but have so far not comeback with anything

With all the systems mess, I wonder if one can take their word that the lifetime counter is correct, although they are adamant it is correct without agreeing to provide the list of lifetime stays
You combined your accounts without taking screenshots first???
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I got a competent CC rep to help with me with my combining snafus... and it finally worked.
My combined LT totals look OK and now just waiting for the big grandfathering sweep for LTPPE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.