Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:57 pm

In one word, the whole thing is just an utter mess.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Marriott keeps telling us to wait 8-10 weeks for things to get fixed, so who knows when it will work again. Hopefully, they'll delay the Jan 14 cut off date.
maybe we should just all have a margarita while we wait. this will take awhile...
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
same, I passed 75 nights mid-december and my 2nd choice hasn't shown up
Same here. My concern is that I intend to choose the free night award, as I have been unable to use the SNAs I already have. If Marriott makes the choice for me, I will end up with SNAs I did not want
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by decentmove
In one word, the whole thing is just an utter mess.
were you making a pun? you said one word but used many which accurately describes the current situation of total chaos.

Originally Posted by freeflyin
Same here. My concern is that I intend to choose the free night award, as I have been unable to use the SNAs I already have. If Marriott makes the choice for me, I will end up with SNAs I did not want
im gonna assume when the dust has settled, they have the back-end tech to fix everything. meaning change things to how its supposed to be. of course, they could also be the worst hotel giant ever and say "sorry. its hardcoded. nothing we can do after its selected by Skynet..."
decentmove likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
I have been waiting for the dust to settle. I have Ritz account which I am Platinum and Marriott account which I am Gold. Ritz has minimal amount of points, 2 free night cert from Ritz card and no reservations and my Marriott has quite a few points, 7 day travel cert attached to reservation in Feb. Should the reps be able to combine the accounts and merge into one account. Biggest concern is losing reservation in the process.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by cdoobiest
I have been waiting for the dust to settle. I have Ritz account which I am Platinum and Marriott account which I am Gold. Ritz has minimal amount of points, 2 free night cert from Ritz card and no reservations and my Marriott has quite a few points, 7 day travel cert attached to reservation in Feb. Should the reps be able to combine the accounts and merge into one account. Biggest concern is losing reservation in the process.
what? i dont get what youre saying. Ritz and Marriott are the same account although the classification if a bit different so it impacts your promos, but how can it be separate for you? you have two different marriott accounts? did you merge your SPG accounts yet?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:41 am

Just updated the wiki with some hot new info! Check it out.

* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!
BTW, the correct terminology seems to be "Platinum Premier Lifetime Elite". Enjoy.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
BTW, the correct terminology seems to be "Platinum Premier Lifetime Elite". Enjoy.

Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:32 am

Use my link and you will see what I wrote, i.e. Platinum Premier Lifetime Elite.

Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:29 am

Just updated the wiki with some hot new info! Check it out.

i think you mean well and i like that. its always a "decentmove" to have people contributing on a hunch. however, anything you post in the main wiki above is premature during this chaos transition and unless you know something as FACT or highly probable, you shouldnt note anything as "Hot New Info" especially because that link is just the 50/75 night choice benefit page which is simply (https://choice-benefit.marriott.com) and not the primary marriott page.

furthermore, have you seen what the choice benefit profile slider bar designates for PP who are also LT silver/gold/or plat? i can tell you they all look the same.

they are all noted as:
Platinum Premier Lifetime Elite

meaning, you are currently PP, but have some type of LT status. this is obv a mistake on that web page because its not clear enough about your LT status. but you make an interesting point about having your account updated to LTPP status. i guess the choice benefit page may be updated even before the main page? totally possible. so its one way to "preview" your LTPP status before its official.

but im almost certain what you see within the app is the correct terminology as LTPP which should match the main marriott website. not only that, the app clearly notes "LIFETIME STATUS" with the infinity gem. cant be more clear than that. which is why CPRich made that post.

Originally Posted by CPRich

however, this shows confusion and miscommunication about the official designation between the app dev team and web dev team and exec teams. total cluster chicken. very typical of mergers of this size.

either way, interesting catch looking at the profile bar on the choice benefit page.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jan 3, 2019 at 3:47 am
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Marriott keeps telling us to wait 8-10 weeks for things to get fixed, so who knows when it will work again. Hopefully, they'll delay the Jan 14 cut off date.
maybe we should just all have a margarita while we wait. this will take awhile...
This will take such a while, you may need a subscription for margaritas, rather than "a' margarita.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
This will take such a while, you may need a subscription for margaritas, rather than "a' margarita.
Even more then a subscription for margaritas what may be needed is a margarita girl.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:09 pm

@GundamWing01:
Thanks for the lesson.

People on here are anxious to know if they have achieved or been grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier, or whatever the correct sequence of the words for that top tier level might be.

The mayhem and confusion are big, and seem to be getting rather bigger than smaller, so what I did is post a link to a way how one can find out a bit more and satisfy one's curiosity at least a bit.

Nowhere did I claim that this was the one official way. BTW, you still a believer that there ever will be one? After all that's happened or not happened? Good luck.

Anyways, that was my only intention, like, better see it on there than not see anything nowhere.

OK?

Peace.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:03 am

@GundamWing01:
OK?

Peace.
sounds good dude ^
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:18 am

hmmm... looks like marriot is well aware of the choice benefit website issues.

now the website says:
Maintenance

Thanks for checking in.

You've arrived at the right place, but we're doing a little maintenance right now.

Our updated site will be up and running in no time. Thanks for your patience, and please check in again soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.