Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
I don't understand why anyone is delaying combining their accounts at this point. Is there an upside I'm missing?
yes, because in this case, you are rewarded for procrastination. earlier in the account merging process, tons of issues. there are still ongoing issues, but many earlier ones have been addressed. waiting until the last minute ensures a smooth ride with all patches in place.
decentmove likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by pvn
I don't understand why anyone is delaying combining their accounts at this point. Is there an upside I'm missing?
Some of us had travel and trips through until this week. Rather than try to merge/combine with multiple stays at both Marriott and Starwood and potentially watch reservations crash and burn in a bad account combine, I waited until there was at least a decent period between stays - for me that was three weeks. And, I only had one reservation that was pending across all of my accounts at that time.

Also, given how small my lifetime Starwood print was (24 stays), this wasn't of major concern to me at least. Not with over 875 stays/nights on the Marriott/Ritz side and LT PP status earned, adding whatever remained on the Starwood side was less than consequential.

David
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by pvn
I’m waiting for the 10K pt bonus offer to combine my accounts.
jn in ca likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:15 pm

I can oly recommend to get the combination done before 2018 is over. 12/31 is the deadline for those banking on LTPPE through combined LT nights and combined Plat. elite years. I would not put this at risk.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by decentmove
I can oly recommend to get the combination done before 2018 is over. 12/31 is the deadline for those banking on LTPPE through combined LT nights and combined Plat. elite years. I would not put this at risk.
Well, 2018 is now officially over. We'll see how those who did or didn't combine did and if margarita girl gets her 10k bonus!

Happiest of New Years to all!

David
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I should qualify for LTPP status on my SPG account alone.

Still waiting for the 10K bonus.
DELee likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Great. So I combined.

- profile page now says "Congratulations! Your accounts are now combined! We're temporarily unable to display the information you requested. Please try again later."
- I have a link that says "You earned Benefit of Choice for staying 50 nights!" but when I click on it, it says "We're sorry, you're not yet eligible" (combined 80 nights now).

Ahh Marriott.
dude. I couldnt pick my 75 nights. no email. and got the same exact error in 2018. now everything is reset for 2019 so it says im ineligible since im at 0. dammit.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:25 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
dude. I couldnt pick my 75 nights. no email. and got the same exact error in 2018. now everything is reset for 2019 so it says im ineligible since im at 0. dammit.
same, I passed 75 nights mid-december and my 2nd choice hasn't shown up
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:05 pm

I have combined both my accounts on Dec. 31st.

44 MR nights and 6 spg nights added up to 50 nights. I don't see any choice for SNA or whatsoever. Am I wrong to assume that I should get something?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:06 am
Suspended

I had a weird situation come up with SPG last week. I'm a gold and called to do the platinum status challenge. The agent told me I was not eligible and seemed confused as to why this was the case. She combined my Ritz-Carlton and Marriott accounts and apparently that made me Platinum. She said she had never seen that happen before and wasn't sure how long I'd be platinum. It shows up as Platinum in my app, but I'm pretty confused at what happened here. Anyone else experience anything like this?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have combined both my accounts on Dec. 31st.

44 MR nights and 6 spg nights added up to 50 nights. I don't see any choice for SNA or whatsoever. Am I wrong to assume that I should get something?
There is a known issue. It’s just Marriott IT again. Start at post # 405.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...enefit-27.html
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:47 am

#405 of this thread here I suppose? Not the one you referenced. That one only has a total of approx 80 posts...

edit:
The more I read, the more confused I get. I think I'll just let it go. Too complicated for me. Crazy!

Last edited by decentmove; Jan 2, 2019 at 8:55 am
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
#405 of this thread here I suppose? Not the one you referenced. That one only has a total of approx 80 posts...

edit:
The more I read, the more confused I get. I think I'll just let it go. Too complicated for me. Crazy!
It happened to me. I didn’t see Annual Choice on my overview page after crossing the 50- nights mark, but I was able to select the choice after going to the link directly. I selected 5 SNAs but have been rejected twice already after trying to apply them.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by naumank

It happened to me. I didn’t see Annual Choice on my overview page after crossing the 50- nights mark, but I was able to select the choice after going to the link directly. I selected 5 SNAs but have been rejected twice already after trying to apply them.
ok. but youre just talking about using SNA right? i mean, the issue now is that we cant even make the selection.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

edit:
Yes, you should get to choose a benefit. I was trying to point out that the link to choose your benefits has been broken since yesterday (Jan 1). Don't wait for an email from Marriott that will probably never come.

I was sending you to post # 405 of the Choice Benefits thread where the discussion of the broken link started..
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...enefit-27.html

If you want something other than SNAs, keep checking this link to see if it works. After Jan 14, you will be automatically assigned SNAs.
https://choice-benefit.marriott.com/

Marriott keeps telling us to wait 8-10 weeks for things to get fixed, so who knows when it will work again. Hopefully, they'll delay the Jan 14 cut off date.
decentmove likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.