Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by naumank

I'm not a lawyer but I suppose a case can be made that a member should be able to claw back those mattress run costs due to erroneous data displayed on marriott.com or the mobile app.
Every time I opened the app, there was a banner at the top saying the LT numbers were incorrect.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Every time I opened the app, there was a banner at the top saying the LT numbers were incorrect.
Would you care to share a screenshot? I have seen no such message about LT nights and years in the mobile app. In fact, according to the message that has been on status.marriott.com for some time, the LT status is correct for most people with only one exception.

"When will my Lifetime status be reflected in my account?
Lifetime status should now be reflected correctly in your account. The only exception is for members who achieve Lifetime status by legacy requirements between August 18 and December 31, 2018. As previously stated, these members will receive notice of their updated Lifetime status in January 2019. For more information on this and other Elite Tiers & Benefits topics, please visit: http://members.marriott.com/faq/"

Where am I going wrong here?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am sill holding off combining accouts given all the issues reported. Is there any downside to that?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by cesco.g
I am sill holding off combining accouts given all the issues reported. Is there any downside to that?
The only downside I see is if the combined numbers will earn you higher status and then it's only an issue if you have an upcoming stay.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:57 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
So after the August 18th change, my spg qualifying nights dropped from 24 to 13. I figured I'd just wait it out, and sure enough, it's gone back up, but only to 23.

Now if I go through my account activity, I see all 24 nights. This seems like a new wrinkle.

Also, FWIW, my post-18th stays still haven't posted to my marriott account (I have my accounts linked but haven't combined yet).
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by pvn
So after the August 18th change, my spg qualifying nights dropped from 24 to 13. I figured I'd just wait it out, and sure enough, it's gone back up, but only to 23.

Now if I go through my account activity, I see all 24 nights. This seems like a new wrinkle.

Also, FWIW, my post-18th stays still haven't posted to my marriott account (I have my accounts linked but haven't combined yet).
Something similar happened to me. I worked out that the initial shortfall was due to the extra nights I obtained during the SPG Select promo (2x night/stay credits) having disappeared. Eventually they were added back to give the same nights total I had on the SPG dashboard prior to Aug 18.

The problem I have now is that I have no idea what the status is of the extra stays I received - which is crucial for my qualification for Platinum. The figure I had on the old SPG dashboard is no longer visible anywhere, and the CS reps can't even tell me themselves how many stays I've had (apart from just manually counting each one!).
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would you care to share a screenshot?
Sorry, I didn't take one! I definitely knew my LT counter was wrong as it increased by over 50 nights on Aug 18. Quite a few people on FT reported similar increases.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: National EE, Flying Blue/SPG/Sixt platinum, Hertz PC, Club Carlsson, Best Western Diamond, IHG
Hi
Strange enough, my lifetime counter has decreased this week from 211 to 179 nights. I am sure I was above 200 before the merge on SPG side, so 211 was the right number and 179 is too low.
Does someone has such issue after one month of combine accounts?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would you care to share a screenshot?
Actually, if you have a screenshot of your account from Aug 17, there should be no issues. Ditto for play3000.

I took screenshots of all my account pages and reservations on both the SPG and Marriott websites before the merger.
dsquared37 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Actually, if you have a screenshot of your account from Aug 17, there should be no issues. Ditto for play3000.

I took screenshots of all my account pages and reservations on both the SPG and Marriott websites before the merger.
I did the same, and right after I combined them, the total number of LT nights added up properly from the two pre-combined MR and SPG app screens to the post-combined Marriott app screen.

But oddly, I noticed in the last few days, the number of LT nights in the Marriott app has dropped slightly (was 1,161, now is 1,147), while the years of Platinum Elite remain the same (was and is 20). The total for YTD nights in the Marriott app hasn't changed since the accounts were combined, but the underlying allocation in the detail screen (across paid, redeemed, and bonus) has. Total points remain correct as well.

The decrement in LT nights happens to be exactly the number of SPG nights I had pre-combining accounts (14 in both cases), but that may be a coincidence.

This isn't a complaint, more of a data point as all of this sorts itself out.

Now, none of this affects my status level, either LT or for the year. But clearly, something is still being adjusted on the back-end databases.
margarita girl and unclepants like this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
The decrement in LT nights happens to be exactly the number of SPG nights I had pre-combining accounts (14 in both cases), but that may be a coincidence.

same situation here
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
I did the same, and right after I combined them, the total number of LT nights added up properly from the two pre-combined MR and SPG app screens to the post-combined Marriott app screen.

But oddly, I noticed in the last few days, the number of LT nights in the Marriott app has dropped slightly (was 1,161, now is 1,147), while the years of Platinum Elite remain the same (was and is 20). The total for YTD nights in the Marriott app hasn't changed since the accounts were combined, but the underlying allocation in the detail screen (across paid, redeemed, and bonus) has. Total points remain correct as well.

This isn't a complaint, more of a data point as all of this sorts itself out.

Now, none of this affects my status level, either LT or for the year. But clearly, something is still being adjusted on the back-end databases.
Several reported post-merge, combined or not, the SPG LT nights were overstated by their SPG YTD nights. They have been working on this issue and it appears it has been corrected. I don't think the combination really had anything to do with it. What may have happened is the change was made on the back-office systems and was waiting for a sweep to make it to the customer-facing systems. The combination may have, as it should have, used the back-office numbers to recalculate your numbers. You can confirm this if you have a screenshot (or know the number) from before the merge done 8/18.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Several reported post-merge, combined or not, the SPG LT nights were overstated by their SPG YTD nights. They have been working on this issue and it appears it has been corrected. I don't think the combination really had anything to do with it. What may have happened is the change was made on the back-office systems and was waiting for a sweep to make it to the customer-facing systems. The combination may have, as it should have, used the back-office numbers to recalculate your numbers. You can confirm this if you have a screenshot (or know the number) from before the merge done 8/18.
I do have screenshots, and did this math based on the screenshots, both pre-merge and post-combining, as I noted (but which may have been overlooked since I said in my response to the post I quoted about taking screenshots, "I did the same"). Unless you mean something else.

But everything I calculated was based on screenshots which I referred to in my writing my post -- those taken a week before the 8/18 merge, and those taken right after I combined, and comparing them to what the Marriott app shows today.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
This is what I think happened. Marriott IT realized that for a subset of accounts this double counting have occurred or they were oblivious to the fact that this issue only affected only a subset of accounts. At the the end they launch a retroactive script that affected all accounts, which screwed over the accounts which was unaffected of the initial bug. This strengthen the picture that they lost control over certain aspects of the code change, I must say that this is more and more looking like a major cluster f**k. I am surprised that such a big company can fail at such a crucial database migration. My experience is from the financial industry and this type of errors is totally unacceptable.... wrong account balance?...bye bye banking license...
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I tired of being patient with lost points. Been about 10 days now. Would like to try booking again but not at risk of losing even more points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.