Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Finally corrected to Plat Premier for current status as an LTPP who only has 36 elite qualifying nights this year so far.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:07 pm

Platinum Challenger here, looks like my status is now showing Plat Premier so that's been fixed for me at least.
Kacee likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by Kacee
I was able to book SPG through the Marriott App.
Thanks. Tried, but doesn't seem to show anything with AAA rates.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by midnightblade
Platinum Challenger here, looks like my status is now showing Plat Premier so that's been fixed for me at least.
Mine is fixed too! It shouldn't be, but is a big relief... Have a Ritz stay in just over a week.

*edit* spoke too soon? I'm still P in the app.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Thanks. Tried, but doesn't seem to show anything with AAA rates.
If it returns nothing when you're searching for AAA rates, it means the rate isn't available. Try dropping that request.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:23 pm

Fixed for me too, did platinum challenge last year. Now showing as PPE with 2 years as platinum. Was showing as only platinum and one year as platinum before.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PPE now showing in App and Website.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:00 pm

Mine fixed as well. Three nights/two stays I'll have to correct for the extra 25% PPE bonus, but that's small potatoes.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Mine is fixed too! It shouldn't be, but is a big relief... Have a Ritz stay in just over a week.

*edit* spoke too soon? I'm still P in the app.
I was excited to see my husband's status update, too, because of a Ritz stay next week. But I suspect we might be over-estimating our chances of a suite upgrade. Just because Plat is not eligible for a suite upgrade and PP is...doesn't mean they will give those upgrades out!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by midnightblade
Same here. My understanding is we have Plat Premier until end of year 2018 and then Platinum through 2019. Is that what you think?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by CJKatl
] The issue is not a programming issue that will be updated in a sweep. The issue is the terms do no provide us with PP benefits. Marriott cannot program the computers to show something not proscribed in the terms.
It seems that this has been addressed for many of us with LTPP to have current PP status, via a sweep, within recent hours.
Did this not happen for you?
oxfordjames and UA-NYC like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by phltraveler
It seems that this has been addressed for many of us with LTPP to have current PP status, via a sweep, within recent hours.
Did this not happen for you?
Sure seems like a textbook example to me of a “programming issue updated in a sweep”
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by Kacee
If it returns nothing when you're searching for AAA rates, it means the rate isn't available. Try dropping that request.
It shows up when I drop it, but on the website, it shows AAA rates are available.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by ehallison
I was excited to see my husband's status update, too, because of a Ritz stay next week. But I suspect we might be over-estimating our chances of a suite upgrade. Just because Plat is not eligible for a suite upgrade and PP is...doesn't mean they will give those upgrades out!
I'll be at Bali which is suites only. That's why PP was important for me.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I am still showing as a Platinum. I was a “natural” Platinum based on my status earned in 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.