Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Here's the latest from a CSR my husband spoke with this morning:
She agreed that if he was Plat (earned) before Aug 18, he should now be PP. She said that statuses are "all wrong" and they will be doing a sweep this weekend that should fix it. BUT she also said the entire conversion won't be complete until Sept 18th, so if the status isn't right after this weekend, we'll have to wait until then.

I wish Marriott would come out with official statements about the obvious problems they're having. I have no idea if the CSRs any of us connect with on the phone know what they're talking about.
Armani likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently it says:

As we complete systems changes for the combination of our loyalty programs, we are unable to display lifetime status. Thank you for your patience.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by ehallison
Here's the latest from a CSR my husband spoke with this morning:
She agreed that if he was Plat (earned) before Aug 18, he should now be PP. She said that statuses are "all wrong" and they will be doing a sweep this weekend that should fix it. BUT she also said the entire conversion won't be complete until Sept 18th, so if the status isn't right after this weekend, we'll have to wait until then.

I wish Marriott would come out with official statements about the obvious problems they're having. I have no idea if the CSRs any of us connect with on the phone know what they're talking about.
The problem is we are all being fed different lines of BS from the CSRs on this issue.

I had to call Marriott this morning for something unrelated so I asked the CSR about this issue. The line I was fed was, "No one gets lifetime PP until January." When I told him I don't believe that's correct and why I thought that he put me on hold for another 20 minutes and then came back and said, "That's all I can see." He didn't even tell me where he "saw" it.

I firmly believe those who are showing Lifetime PP but only "current" P are wrong and have a case to get the right points adjusted in their account after each stay until Marriott fixes this issue. That's my plan of attack anyway.

At least the Platinum line is answering in less than 4 minutes usually. No more 30+ minute wait times as I experienced over the summer.

-RM
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 4 MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Currently it says:

As we complete systems changes for the combination of our loyalty programs, we are unable to display lifetime status. Thank you for your patience.
Lifetime Plat here. I still have the "can't display lifetime status" message. However, for the first time, I'm listed as Platinum Premier Elite.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:43 pm

Wife just logged in and now is a Platinum Premier Elite.

Just an update
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Update on status.marriott.com

2. When will the Lifetime Platinum Premier status I earned be reflected in my account?
If you earned Lifetime Platinum with Rewards, your new Lifetime Platinum Premier status should be reflected in your newly combined account. If you achieve 750 nights and 10 years Platinum Elite status by December 31, 2018, you will also earn Lifetime Platinum Premier status. That newly earned status will be reflected in your account in January 2019

Call me crazy but sure seems like “Lifetime Platinum Premier” actually means “Platinum Premier benefits as long as one is breathing”. Guess they may have to put those marketing materials in a dumpster fire.
RobOnLI and phltraveler like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by kmersh
Wife just logged in and now is a Platinum Premier Elite.

Just an update
Got excited when I read your post.. Sadly not that lucky on my side, and it's very important for me as I have a stay at a Ritz this Sunday.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I just opened my Marriott app and a message popped up saying that statuses may currently be displaying incorrectly and that this is expected to be cleared up within a week.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I just logged in and my status shows as Platinum Premier. I'm a LTPP with 69 combined nights this year, and I've already merged my accounts.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Fixed on my side as well. Was fixed within the last hour.

Current status is showing Plat Premier Elite is only showing on Marriott app. SPG app still says Platinum and I hope that doesn't screw me up with my two upcoming SPG reservations booked before the merger. They are both this coming weekend (one with SNA attached and so far not cleared).

Thanks.
-RM
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Not fixed for me. Platinum via challenge.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:39 pm

Not fixed for me either. Platinum via Ritz spend. Are we just waiting and hoping for a correction?

Last edited by CherylD; Aug 23, 2018 at 2:39 pm Reason: adding info
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Fixed for me. Was platinum this morning, Platinum Premier now. Still can't book SPG hotels though
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Fixed for me as well. Must have been recent as it wasn't the case 2 hours ago. Got Platinum via RC spend.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Still can't book SPG hotels though
I was able to book SPG through the Marriott App.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.