Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver, Hertz Gold

Has anyone else that was Platinum Marriott prior to merger just showing platinum vs platinum premier. When I look at lifetime status, it looks correct at lifetime platinum. ( If I recall, lifetime platinum primer will be grandfathered in Jan 2019.)

I am reading online that other people are seeing platinum premier in their status, so just seeing what others are seeing. I am hoping it gets fixed so I don’t have to call in.

Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:59 am

I was also Platinum prior to merger, still showing Platinum and not Platinum Premier. As an additional data point, I was offered a challenge in Q4 2017 to stay X number of nights to keep Platinum status in 2018, which is how I qualified for Platinum pre-merger. Nonetheless, I should be Platinum Premier now and am not.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:02 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I was a Marriott Platinum via 75 nights last year.

The new website shows me as Platinum Premier Elite if I click on my name at the top right of the new website. However, if I scroll down on the main page it just shows "Platinum Elite".

I wouldn't worry too much about this, I am pretty sure this stuff is still getting ironed out, I'd wait a couple of days.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Same issue here.

Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 1306

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 28

Years as Gold or Platinum: 21

Years as Platinum: 17
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver, Hertz Gold
I also did a challenge the first quarter of 2018 (started prior to merger info going out). I was platinum for 14 years prior to this year, and lost due to lack of stays for 2017. Once merger was announced, I was told since I would be platinum in August, that would map over to platinum premier.

Wonder if challenges are not mapping over correctly?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
I’m not seeing any change from before. Looks like SPG isn’t combined in and status isn’t updated. I assume the conversion isn’t done yet. I’m not going to worry about it till tomorrow at any rate.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:54 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by maracle
[left]I’m not seeing any change from before. Looks like SPG isn’t combined in and status isn’t updated.
You're going to need to manually merge your accounts. Linking them is just part of the process.

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/merge-my-accounts.mi
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I also challenged last year, should show as PP, but app and website say Platinum. I'm already in the mid-60s combined nights this year.

They also have my SPG nights this year wrong - have somehow dropped 4 nights since yesterday.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
Another data point that my challenge didn’t map over and I’m still platinum and not PP. Also I have a new spg number and the accounts did not combine.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AUSINSIGHT
Another data point that my challenge didn’t map over and I’m still platinum and not PP. Also I have a new spg number and the accounts did not combine.
You have to combine manually when Marriott makes the tool available.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Husband's account says he is Platinum with 27 nights to Platinum Premier.

Then it says he is Lifetime Platinum Premier.
IndyDave likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I was MR Lifetime Plat before the merger and SPG Plat (via recip status). Both apps show me as Platinum still, not even lifetime. I should be Lifetime Platinum Premier. Will give it time but I have a reservation starting tomorrow. I'm not sure there would be any difference between Plat and Plat Premier at a Fairfield.

Edit: in the lifetime status of the Marriott app it shows me as Lifetime Plat Premier but the "today's status" on both apps shows me as Platinum only.

-RM

Last edited by RobOnLI; Aug 19, 2018 at 8:57 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I was MR Lifetime Plat before the merger and SPG Plat (via recip status). Both apps show me as Platinum still, not even lifetime. I should be Lifetime Platinum Premier. Will give it time but I have a reservation starting tomorrow. I'm not sure there would be any difference between Plat and Plat Premier at a Fairfield.

-RM
+1. Same here. I am Lifetime Platinum. Still shows Platinum. Should be Lifetime Platinum Premiere. I will give it a few days before I make contact as I am sure they will be overwhelmed with inquiries.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Still in flux - Now showing up as Platinum Premier in some profile areas but further down it's now saying:

You are Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite

Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: United 1K (2.3MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I get the "You are Platinum Elite" and "You are Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite" on the same page. Glitches obviously, but a little funny along the way for a Sunday morning.

Last edited by scottishuaflyer; Aug 19, 2018 at 10:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.