Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by AUSINSIGHT
Another data point that my challenge didn’t map over and I’m still platinum and not PP. Also I have a new spg number and the accounts did not combine.
Same here. So... every SPG account has to be assigned a new account number, which will then disappear when the two accounts are merged, perhaps after just hours of coming into existence?

When UA-CO combined, it was simple and straight forward. First you linked the two accounts, and then the UA account number disappeared. You didn’t first get a new different CO account number that was “linked but not merged” to your existing CO account number. I had assumed this would be the same.

Until reading this thread, I never knew that “merging” was a separate process from “linking”, and this adds yet another account number into the mix. This seems to add a whole lot of unnecessary confusion to a process that is already daunting to the average person.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
I have the same issue. I was Lifetime Platinum Elite and am also Chairman level in Marriott Vacation Club which would also make me Platinum Premiere. Both accounts are still showing lifetime Platinum. I hope the situation is resolved so I don't have to call and hold for 6 hours.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Andthing you see this weekend is subject to revision. The updates are still in progress so have patience.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
I was SPG LT Gold, and MR Gold (via status match only). Site now shows me a Platinum, but LT nights only reflect my MR night.

I was MR Platinum for a while, so its possible that the combination made me LT Platinum in the new program, but not sure.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
Can anyone confirm what status we're supposed to have if we qualified by either a status challenge or by linking accounts?

Last year I completed the road to platinum challenge, so should I expect to have Platinum Premier in the new program?
Similarly, this year I opened an SPG account and linked it to my Marriott account. Should I expect to have Platinum Premier there as well?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Originally Posted by Collierkr
Andthing you see this weekend is subject to revision. The updates are still in progress so have patience.
I just checked my account again. My status still shows as lifetime platinum. However, when I go to the Overview, this information is listed below my next reservation. I assume this means that the conversion is still in process, but hopefully I will have the correct status on my profile soon..You are Platinum Elite

MEMBER SINCE 1983Platinum Power

Platinum status is yours.

Platinum Premier Elite status is on its way.Next Up: Platinum Premier Elite

You are Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite

Last edited by Armani; Aug 19, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS, UA, IHG, HH,
Marriott Plat from $75k spend on RC visa, now showing only as Plat elite
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by BoeingOrNotGoing
Marriott Plat from $75k spend on RC visa, now showing only as Plat elite
What really riles me up is Amex Plat holders are seeing new Plat, not new Gold (I do realize this is a mistake that should be fixed soon), while those of us with 75k spend are stuck on new Plat and don't have new Plat Premier yet
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: AS, UA, IHG, HH,
Originally Posted by msp3
What really riles me up is Amex Plat holders are seeing new Plat, not new Gold (I do realize this is a mistake that should be fixed soon), while those of us with 75k spend are stuck on new Plat and don't have new Plat Premier yet
I'm honestly doubtful about getting plat premier at this point with the way this merger is going.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BoeingOrNotGoing
I'm honestly doubtful about getting plat premier at this point with the way this merger is going.
Can't sign in to account, so I'm hopeful they are fixing this right now.

But for the first time, I am feeling pretty negative about the merger right now. Feels like all the mistakes so far are in their favor (wrong status, stays not posting, credit card nights deleted from SPG account).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
Can't sign in to account, so I'm hopeful they are fixing this right now.

But for the first time, I am feeling pretty negative about the merger right now. Feels like all the mistakes so far are in their favor (wrong status, stays not posting, credit card nights deleted from SPG account).
I’m generally butthurt that I also bought a Tier 1-3 package so I’m out 30k points vs a Cat 9 package, and spouse was at 24 nights ($40 spend away from 1 extra night on the old Marriott card) before conversion so she missed out on old Gold (and new Plat)...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA (former CO), TrueBlue, Etc.
I’m seeing the same thing. Being recognized on check-in for Platinum, and my lifetime “number of years” as Platinum is correct (4), but my status went from Platinum to... Platinum.

I don’t really want to call in, but I don’t have the status stated - and I’ve also lost all my (unfortunately small this year) number of nights, as well as my upcoming reservations. The hotel still shows it, but the app doesn’t reflect the right status or number of nights (points seem correct, and at least they spelled my name right still).

So I’ll give a couple days, but this is really annoying.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Husband's account says he is Platinum with 27 nights to Platinum Premier.

Then it says he is Lifetime Platinum Premier.

Mine looks just about the same. I’m not too worried
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Armani
I just checked my account again. My status still shows as lifetime platinum. However, when I go to the Overview, this information is listed below my next reservation. I assume this means that the conversion is still in process, but hopefully I will have the correct status on my profile soon..You are Platinum Elite

MEMBER SINCE 1983Platinum Power

Platinum status is yours.

Platinum Premier Elite status is on its way.Next Up: Platinum Premier Elite

You are Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite
MR IT must have spent little time "preparing" for the LT status to change based on the new criteria. Very screwed up. Low priority, of course.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:00 am

Another DP for Marriott plat to plat instead of plat premier. I was at Marriott plat that I got via plat challenge couple of months back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.