Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Finally fixed for me too!! the way I prefer it, without calling, without pressing, without making the life of the CSRs any more miserable than it surely is at this moment!

Last edited by Venezuela-Miami; Aug 23, 2018 at 7:52 pm
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by midnightblade
Platinum Challenger here, looks like my status is now showing Plat Premier so that's been fixed for me at least.
To update,that's called unnatural Platinum nowadays.. JK, challenger here too and finally mapped!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by ehallison
I was excited to see my husband's status update, too, because of a Ritz stay next week. But I suspect we might be over-estimating our chances of a suite upgrade. Just because Plat is not eligible for a suite upgrade and PP is...doesn't mean they will give those upgrades out!
Same here, staying this Sunday so I was really anxious about that, not over-estimating about the possible suite upgrade, but a better view will do for me.

Besides, just thinking the hassle of having to request manually the PP bonus points, it's a relief the status is now showing!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
This un-natural Platinum upgraded to PPE in the past few hours. Looks a bit funny with 61 nights (combined) but 39 to Ambassador level, bypassing 75.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Challenger here as well, also updated. Glad to have that sorted.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Now showing PPE on my Marriott App (haven't checked the web version yet).

The SPG app still shows me as Platinum though.

Looks like the theory that Marriott would deny PPE status to people who had LTPP or had done the challenge has well and truly bitten the dust.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
I'm happy to see the right status on Marriott as well. The only thing that looks off to me is a difference in nights towards ambassador between the website and the app - the difference being the number of nights earned for spend on the legacy Marriott credit card.

Hopefully they can sort out the SPG side of things quickly. Pretty much everything on that account is wrong except for the number of points.

-Plat instead of PP
-Missing nights since some time in July
-$0 spend despite having 20+ stays this year
-Wrong number of prior year nights and elite years
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Looks like the theory that Marriott would deny PPE status to people who had LTPP or had done the challenge has well and truly bitten the dust.
Still Platinum. The theory that Marriott can't fix even the most basic stuff six days into this fiasco remains alive and well.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
Still Platinum. The theory that Marriott can't fix even the most basic stuff six days into this fiasco remains alive and well.
That's unfortunate, but at least the fact that other LTPPs are starting to see their status change to PPE means we can discount the notion that Marriott would not be giving PPE status at all, unless you had 75+ nights banked.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by yurtripper
That's unfortunate, but at least the fact that other LTPPs are starting to see their status change to PPE means we can discount the notion that Marriott would not be giving PPE status at all, unless you had 75+ nights banked.
Right. I'll just add that the "theory" was not your typical FT paranoid conspiracy theory, but rather derived from numerous statements by MR customer service reps to exactly that effect.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Today Starriott IT is back up and now my status is correct on the MR side but wrong on my SPG account. Elite year counts look OK, but it's hard to check when you don't see which years are included for each level.

Previously both SPG and MR accounts (linked but not merged) correctly showed me as LTPP (from MR LTP) and PPwithAmb (based on 100+ MR only nights and over $20,000 of MR spend during 2018). Now MR still shows this information (although I cannot see my spend total) while SPG thinks that I'm PP (without the Ambassador designation) and LTP (which I was on the SPG side). I only have credit for one night during 2018 and that night earned over 3,000 points (I don't know how they determined the number) but no spend credit.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Right. I'll just add that the "theory" was not your typical FT paranoid conspiracy theory, but rather derived from numerous statements by MR customer service reps to exactly that effect.
wellllll there was some talk of T&Cs and marketing materials 😁
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Finally showing as Platinum Premier. Was Platinum via challenge.
xar likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:05 am

Got plat with status challenge couple of months back and can see plat premier on my Marriott account now
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Other posters were told that the issues with LTPP not showing up as current PP were due to reps being misinformed. You can't cite the terms of reps conclusively in a merger when you get conflicting info that reps saying something supporting one thing is right and when they say the thing that it disagrees with your interpretation is wrong. Conflicting info occurred from reps and it was doubted on both ends.

Some posters on the LTPP not being current LTP front relied on three points:
1) MR T&Cs in one specific section not spelling out that LTPPs didn't get LTP - understandable, considering the other errors/omissions in T&Cs as a mistake.
2) members.marriott.com ("marketing materials") not explicitly saying that LTPP would give PP benefits for life - considering the language explaining that lifetime tiers gave the benefits of that tier for life, this seems superfluous.
3) People not getting granted current LTPP as LTP - easily explained as an error addressed via sweep to correct. It happened the other way too - some people who hadn't hit the criteria were given PP w/ Ambassador and downgraded later. Hardly a surprise given the IT challenges.

Out of the set, the LTPP != current PP benefits for life was the fringe belief, by far. I'm not saying the other poster was wrong per T&Cs, but for members.marriott.com to spell out the benefits of each tier and then say lifetime status was for life, while disqualifying the 50/75 night choice benefits as only current qualifiers explicitly, and then say MR was trying to trick everyone into legacy qualifying grandfathered only as LTPP seemed more than hard to swallow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.