FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   FAQ : Selecting Annual Choice Benefit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1925977-faq-selecting-annual-choice-benefit.html)

Michilander Aug 19, 2018 5:55 am

FAQ : Selecting Annual Choice Benefit

Wife made Ambassador, but when we click on the 'see gift' link for the Annual Choice it opens a new tab and asks for a username and password. Neither her email and MR password or MR account and MR password work. Anyone else seeing this? Any idea what username and password they are looing for?

cfischer Aug 19, 2018 6:26 am

I get the same. We should wait till the weekend IT merging business is over before we try to understand odd website behavior IMO.

Michilander Aug 19, 2018 6:34 am

Yeah, it probably is that they are still working on things. After all, the website shows me as LTPP, the app says I am on my way to LTS? Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just a glitch with my wife's account. You know, like when the cable goes out you call a neighbor to see if it is just you or everyone.

craigthemif Aug 19, 2018 9:45 am

I'm very curious to find out the award category for the free night award at 75 nights.

SPG was relatively generous (Cat. 5), but I suspect that Marriott will just offer one of those hard-to-use Cat 4 Megabonus...

t1c Aug 19, 2018 10:27 am

Same for me... im going to wait till Monday to see if i can log in.

CLEguy Aug 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Michilander (Post 30100420)
Yeah, it probably is that they are still working on things. After all, the website shows me as LTPP, the app says I am on my way to LTS? Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just a glitch with my wife's account. You know, like when the cable goes out you call a neighbor to see if it is just you or everyone.

I've got the same issue in the app re: lifetime status.

GoSh4rks Aug 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 30101105)
I'm very curious to find out the award category for the free night award at 75 nights.

SPG was relatively generous (Cat. 5), but I suspect that Marriott will just offer one of those hard-to-use Cat 4 Megabonus...

it is good up to 40k points. You can find it in the T&C. https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#elite

obunewbie17 Aug 20, 2018 9:16 am

Dumb question -- do we get to select annual choice benefits this year (based on current status)? Or upon requalifying for status (for example when I hit 50 & 75 nights this year)? Or in January with the new calendar year?

Asking for a friend, of course....

craigthemif Aug 20, 2018 11:07 am

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks (Post 30102521)

it is good up to 40k points. You can find it in the T&C. https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#elite

40K points when there's no 40K point level on the award chart?

I guess they are referring to the peak dates in 2019 of Category 5.

nick793 Aug 20, 2018 1:13 pm

I just want to select my SNAs so I can apply them to a reservation on Saturday. Anyone have any luck selecting choice benefits yet?

CLEguy Aug 20, 2018 8:05 pm

This is “expected to be repaired within 24 hours,” per Marriott support.

alrvd83 Aug 20, 2018 10:02 pm

Dumb question : where do I even go to select my choice benefit?

when I merged accounts, that out me over 50 nights.

I am currentlyofegime platinum premier but will break 75 nights this yr with my remaining travel.

Michilander Aug 21, 2018 6:26 am

Originally Posted by alrvd83 (Post 30108394)
Dumb question : where do I even go to select my choice benefit?

when I merged accounts, that out me over 50 nights.

I am currentlyofegime platinum premier but will break 75 nights this yr with my remaining travel.

With the current state of the websites I can't say it is in the same place for all of us :p, but for my wife's account it is on the Overview page, just below the big banner that says "You are Platinum Premier Elite". However, as of just a minute ago when we tried to select her gift it still asked for a username and password. So, ours is not working, yet.

alrvd83 Aug 21, 2018 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Michilander (Post 30109551)
With the current state of the websites I can't say it is in the same place for all of us :p, but for my wife's account it is on the Overview page, just below the big banner that says "You are Platinum Premier Elite". However, as of just a minute ago when we tried to select her gift it still asked for a username and password. So, ours is not working, yet.

strange but i dont see that...weird..maybe itll show up soon

Michilander Aug 21, 2018 8:34 am

By the way, we have a link to the 50 nights gift (which does not yet work), but not one for the 75 nights gift.