Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spend Tracker ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Spend Tracker ?

Don’t have access to a computer at this time but have downloaded the new apps and I can’t seem to find a spend tracker on either app. Is it on the full website ?

Last edited by Mister Nice; Aug 19, 2018 at 5:25 am Reason: Bad spelling
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:46 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
I see on in my marriott app.

If you go to the My account page it shows you the nights this year. Mine says Next Up Ambassador service. If I click that it shows me my spend.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by jfulcher

If you go to the My account page it shows you the nights this year. Mine says Next Up Ambassador service. If I click that it shows me my spend.
i see that as well, but in my case, it says spend is $0, which is not correct.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jfulcher

Did you go to the app store and update the app.

Old app the M was red, new app it is blue. As soon as I updated, mine went from 0 to my actual number

If you have the blue app, dunno
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Did you go to the app store and update the app.

Old app the M was red, new app it is blue. As soon as I updated, mine went from 0 to my actual number

If you have the blue app, dunno
Mine's blue, zero and wrong

Not surprised, of course.
LPCJr likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I don't see the spent tracker, but I am not at 75 nights yet ... maybe it will appear once I cross that threshold.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
I don't see the spent tracker, but I am not at 75 nights yet ... maybe it will appear once I cross that threshold.
same for me - no spend tracker. I want to know my spend regardless of my nights or status since it is a part of the new program.
Cant be that hard to do - Hyatt and Hilton show base points which are calculated on spend .
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:56 am
cxn

SPG APP shows me at 83 nights + $16,630 spend. Marriott just shows 23 nights this year zero dollar spend.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by cfischer
SPG app shows my current status of Ambassador (via Marriott) with 5 nights and zero spend within SPG. (dollars shown right under semi circle tracking ytd nights)

Under that it says 95 nights and $20,000 to renew Ambassador.

IT hasn’t given the all clear so be patient.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
My Marriott spend is showing up in the app exactly as I expected. The calculation appears to be base points earned on a stay divided by ten (EDIT: or five for the five points per dollar brands) to get your qualifying spend. Take from that what you will in regards to what counts as qualifying spend.

Last edited by MotelRomeo; Aug 19, 2018 at 9:47 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) | National Exec Elite | Global Entry | HH Silver
Originally Posted by MotelRomeo
My Marriott spend is showing up in the app exactly as I expected. The calculation appears to be base points earned on a stay divided by ten to get your qualifying spend. Take from that what you will in regards to what counts as qualifying spend.
Not quite, I manually recalculated mine since i have a large number of Residence Inn stays this year and they are calculating it correctly based off eligible items excluding tax line items, etc. If you've only stayed at 10pt/night properties your method will work for quick math but if you have stays split between 5pt/night and 10pt/night properties you will have to pull up individual bills and recalculate that way. Fair warning, the international ones with exchange rates are a bear.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
Originally Posted by GMoneyCO
Not quite, I manually recalculated mine since i have a large number of Residence Inn stays this year and they are calculating it correctly based off eligible items excluding tax line items, etc. If you've only stayed at 10pt/night properties your method will work for quick math but if you have stays split between 5pt/night and 10pt/night properties you will have to pull up individual bills and recalculate that way. Fair warning, the international ones with exchange rates are a bear.
Good call on the 5 points per dollar brands. I've only stayed at 10 points per dollar brands this year. The calculation of spend does seem pretty straightforward. I've never done meetings, or multiple rooms per night so I can't comment on if those are tracked differently.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:15 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
SPG member here, FWIW my App asked for update, updated, took about two minutes thru LTE. Stays missing a few nights, points went 3x as expected but missing some of my July/August stays, my suite night bonus there with limits, and now I see spends. Not sure of spends are correct, perhaps I'll take the trouble to calculate. Sadly with the new 20K spends requirement likely won't make spends, easily make the nights and would have qualified again on SPG rules.

I loved my ambassador but looks like I'll lose her on the next cycle, oh well the devaluation starts. Maybe time to look at another chain to take my 180 or so nights, LOL

Last edited by chipmaster; Aug 19, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
my spg app shows the spend tracker and night count missing my last two stays (8 nights and maybe $2000, depending on how they calculate qualified spending) but the odd thing is that it shows me as qualified for ambassador service for the next year after this, ie if I earned it already - even though I put the brakes on at 72 nights to see if I get the extra 5 SNAs
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by chipmaster
SPG member here, FWIW my App asked for update, updated, took about two minutes thru LTE. Stays missing a few nights, points went 3x as expected but missing some of my July/August stays, my suite night bonus there with limits, and now I see spends. Not sure of spends are correct, perhaps I'll take the trouble to calculate. Sadly with the new 20K spends requirement likely won't make spends, easily make the nights and would have qualified again on SPG rules.

I loved my ambassador but looks like I'll lose her on the next cycle, oh well the devaluation starts. Maybe time to look at another chain to take my 180 or so nights, LOL
As long as you do 100 nights in SPG properties this year the spend requirement doesn’t apply for 2019 ambassador status. It states this on the website and my ambassador also confirmed. Starting in 2019 you will need to meet the spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.