Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Who else is booking the St. Regis discounted award nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who else is booking the St. Regis discounted award nights?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UR
Booked 5 nights at StR Maldives for late July-early Aug next year.

Called a ton until i got a manager who told me to do it this way:
1. Book a refundable cash rate for the garden villa room, which was available for my dates. No deposit meeded via phone (nothing pending on my card approx 9 hours later).
2. Once confirmed, apply points to the reservation OR if not possible cancel and rebook with points immediately once they can make point reservations.
3. I called back layer and was able to apply the points to the reservation .
smgainey likes this.

Last edited by tcormier; Aug 19, 2018 at 6:23 pm
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP, AC
Originally Posted by Lewis42

question for you, did you book it through the marriot app or?
I used the Marriott website.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by tcormier
Booked 5 nights at StR Maldives for late July-early Aug next year.

Called a ton until i got a manager who told me to do it this way:
1. Book a refundable cash rate for the garden villa room, which was available for my dates. No deposit meeded via phone (nothing pending on my card approx 9 hours later).
2. Once confirmed, apply points to the reservation OR if not possible cancel and rebook with points immediately once they can make point reservations.
3. I called back layer and was able to apply the points to the reservation .
Congrats on being the only person in the world who can do this
MilesTalk likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Westin
Is this a 'legal' workaround? Will Marriott/SPG honor this, if I try it. Sorry first time booking award

Last edited by drhaya; Aug 20, 2018 at 2:44 am Reason: wrong quote
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:40 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Maybe he is really lucky, I tried it several times with the hotline. Everytime they told me it is not possible to do points booking right now at the moment.

But it seems someone was able, because yesterday I see availability for the St. Regis for my dates. Today it is sold out. :-(
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
This is not true for legacy SPG properties. It's in the T&C that point advance isn't available for St. Regis, LC, etc. Always best to read the T&C before assuming something is just temporarily broken.
Wow, thanks for this information. This is too bad, and contradicts what we were previously told (I even spoke with an SPG rep who said I would be able to do this for St Regis hotels, so they were misinformed, too). It's a good thing I cancelled my 7-night certificate and got the points back so that I could book my award stay, otherwise I would've been out of luck!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
I booked Bal Harbour for 2 nights and Princeville in Kauai for 5 nights on Sunday morning during the brief moment when the website was functional for me to do it. No problem getting what I wanted - I thought it would be more difficult to find availability with people scarfing up this great deal - especially getting 5 nights for the equivalent of 80k SPG.

Last edited by quinella66; Aug 20, 2018 at 5:37 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premiere, IHG Ambas
Still getting that there is a list of properties that you have no chance of points booking until announced. It is the all suites properties that are on that list.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by CL9
Maybe he is really lucky, I tried it several times with the hotline. Everytime they told me it is not possible to do points booking right now at the moment.

But it seems someone was able, because yesterday I see availability for the St. Regis for my dates. Today it is sold out. :-(
Dont be surprised if those are cash bookings people are speculatively holding trying to switch to points later on
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:57 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Dont be surprised if those are cash bookings people are speculatively holding trying to switch to points later on
Hopefully the new procedures will follow the old SPG version and the rep will need to cancel the reservation and play exciting lotto and hope no one takes the room during processing .

Some of us that didn't do phantom bookings should get some fair play too
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by yeunganson
Hopefully the new procedures will follow the old SPG version and the rep will need to cancel the reservation and play exciting lotto and hope no one takes the room during processing .

Some of us that didn't do phantom bookings should get some fair play too
I've speculatively booked here, but I totally agree with you as I dont think its fair
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:19 pm

St Regis Bora Bora is 182,500 Points Per Night!

A SPG agent quoted me 85,000 points per night for St. Regis Maldives (Overwater) BUT 182,500 points per night for St. Regis Bora Bora (1br Ovrwtr Supr Lagn Vw Vla)! I called again and another agent repeated the same thing. Anyone else have something similar?

If true, I am very disappointed with the St. Regis Bora Bora quote. I understand non-standard rooms are higher but 182,500 points is insane and more than the cash-booking value of the room for my dates.

Above points quote is excluding 5th night free. If you book 5 nights, you will get 5 nights for the price of 4 nights.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by GarudaSoars
A SPG agent quoted me 85,000 points per night for St. Regis Maldives (Overwater) BUT 182,500 points per night for St. Regis Bora Bora (1br Ovrwtr Supr Lagn Vw Vla)! I called again and another agent repeated the same thing. Anyone else have something similar?

If true, I am very disappointed with the St. Regis Bora Bora quote. I understand non-standard rooms are higher but 182,500 points is insane and more than the cash-booking value of the room for my dates.

Above points quote is excluding 5th night free. If you book 5 nights, you will get 5 nights for the price of 4 nights.
I'm surprised you were even getting nights! I called them twice and they said the system has gone down (she spent 15 mins checking every night I wanted individually). To be fair I was checking New Years time, but considering the hotel's not even close to full, I doubt people have booked this away. No idea on pricing at all otherwise. Might go somewhere else I guess.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
FWIW not a St. Regis, but I booked a 5-night award at Prince de Galles, Luxury Collection on Sunday for 240K (60K/night) initiated from marriott.com.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:17 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
FWIW not a St. Regis, but I booked a 5-night award at Prince de Galles, Luxury Collection on Sunday for 240K (60K/night) initiated from marriott.com.
Trust me—the PdG is certainly as good as most StR properties. Congrats. You’ll love it, though the entry level award rooms are on the smaller side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.