Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Merge: Marriott Rewards Earning Preferences if Previously Delta Crossover SPG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Merge: Marriott Rewards Earning Preferences if Previously Delta Crossover SPG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Exclamation Post Merge: Marriott Rewards Earning Preferences if Previously Delta Crossover SPG

Make sure you check your Earning Preferences under your new Marriott Rewards account post merger.

If you were previously enrolled under Delta Crossover rewards until the old SPG program, chances is that in your new Marriott profile you will show as earning miles (to your Delta account) instead of points.

I tried changing back to points and the system won't let me.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Why did someone decide to set it up this way? Anyone who understands the programs should know that just because Crossover has ended does not and should not mean that most of us want DL miles instead of Starriott points. I'm predicting that this will lead to a lot of calls about points not posting.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Same here, impossible to switch back to points.
And I don't even remember having chosen delta crossover in the past...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
I just went to check mine because I was also linked as Delta Crossover. My earning preference doesn't appear as Delta miles. However, it does appear as Southwest Rapid Rewards and has my Southwest number in there and won't let me switch it to points either. I had a 1 night stay on 8/17 and I hope that doesn't get credited as SWRR.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS

Shoot you’re right. I’m in the same situation and can’t switch back either. It has a great error message too
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Same problem here except in my case its United Miles
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Logged into my account again today and saw that it has been fixed and is showing as "points" under earning preference.

Anyone else see the same?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by daniellam
Logged into my account again today and saw that it has been fixed and is showing as "points" under earning preference.

Anyone else see the same?
Not for me. Still showing Delta
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by davidw70

Not for me. Still showing Delta
same here. And still unable to switch to points.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Still showing Delta for me. If my stays this week end up actually going to Delta instead, they better be granting heaps of compensation points for wasting my time with their incompetence.
LostInTranslation likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
received message today from ambassador desk, it's fixed, at least for me (I have double checked) :

As we have been transitioning to our new system this weekend, we are aware of issues with accounts not having correct information. I have checked your account and I show points as your preference at this time. Please check you account to see if this has been corrected.

As always, it is a pleasure helping you as a loyal ambassador service guest. Please let us know if we can be of further help with anything else.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
My SPG profile is having the same problem. I did have Delta Crossover. Now my SPG profile shows miles as the earning preference and displays an error message when I try to switch to points.

My Marriott Rewards profile is correct. It still shows points as the earning preference.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I'm getting really annoyed. Account shows Delta as my earning option - even though I have NEVER set my account earning to miles. And, like many of you, I can't switch it back.

And this on top of missing 10 nights, my lifetime status, etc...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Update: I just checked my account and it is now correctly showing points as my earning preference. I can even re-save it as that option.

The website (spg version, as I never had any sort of Marriott account) doesn't show any lifetime information, but does reflect me as Platinum Elite.
The app shows me as Platinum elite, but for Lifetime Status tells me "You are on your way to Lifetime Silver Elite", has me at 340 LT nights, and 11 years as Silver or higher.
I was SPG Platinum and SPG Lifetime Gold on August 17, although I achieved my Plat years via 25 stays, not 50 nights.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just got into my Starwood account from a link in a reservation reminder and it looks OK in terms of points rather than DL (Crossover) miles. However, my profile mysteriously didn't have any email address listed, which might explain why I was having trouble getting in to the SPG account to find my new SPG number.

The account also says that some reservations aren't displayed, which worries me, even though the one for this week looks OK (but it still has my old SPG number on it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.