Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points gone in merge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
I just logged into my SPG account and did a search for a Marriott reservation number. It came up.
I applied SNAs to it. It doesn't appear to work. (the reservation still looks the same if you go back in - you can apply the SNAs again. However, I got an email saying they were applied.
I guess I will see what happens tomorrow at 2pm when you would normally get the SNA success or failure email.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Try an Incognito window - that might have spurred mine finally working. Or re-set your password (I had to) and then it finally showed the new SPG number.
(shouldn't have been this hard...)
Thanks UA-NYC, the incognito window worked. Seems the points converted properly, but still doesn't show any future stays, any past stays that occurred after 7/15/2018, nor does it have the correct stays/nights count. Guess I'll just have to keep a close eye on it to make sure it does get corrected at some point (especially since I'm likely to end the year with 51 nights - I need all of my nights to be properly counted).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by HollyGlen
One thing that bugs me is that my profile says 81 nights: 19 nights and 10,077 USD to Ambassador.

That is contrary to what had been represented to us by the Lurkers and the website, i.e. that we could still qualify for Ambassador status this year under legacy SPG rules, namely 100 nights with no minimum spend.

I hope this gets fixed up.
nowhere does it say that you will be required to have minimum spend to requalify this year. they have previously told us soon the spend year to date will be shown so that members can track their progress...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I've noticed that since everything now gets redirected to marriott.com, I can only be logged into one account at a time. I need to log out or use incognito mode in order to bring up my other account.

As for the conversion from the SPG account - looks like my points converted properly, but my nights/stays and lifetime status is all messed up. No more notice that they are still working on it, but I'll give them another day before I report anything. Spend tracker also showing $0.

On the Marriott side, I don't think the spend tracker is showing my spend properly - at least not based on my spreadsheet and using the formula of 10 points per dollar, based on the "Base Points" as posted to my Marriott account. Also missing a few 500pt welcome amenity on my last few Marriott stays.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:26 pm

I canceled a reward stay earlier this morning that was previously booked on the SPG site. But the points never got returned. Anyone else in the same boat? I'd like to make some new reservations but can't until this stash of points gets put back. I had also canceled a reward stay on the Marriott side and those points came back within 2 minutes no problem. Going on 7 hours now on the SPG one.

When I contact SPG, they just say, systems still updating, etc. But making me nervous like this one is caught in limbo.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by slariz
I canceled a reward stay earlier this morning that was previously booked on the SPG site. But the points never got returned. Anyone else in the same boat? I'd like to make some new reservations but can't until this stash of points gets put back. I had also canceled a reward stay on the Marriott side and those points came back within 2 minutes no problem. Going on 7 hours now on the SPG one.

When I contact SPG, they just say, systems still updating, etc. But making me nervous like this one is caught in limbo.
Same here, SPG award canceled but no points back yet. Waiting till tomorrow to fully freak out!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
I can't login to my SPG account unfortunately (incognito, in-app, clear cache, nothing works). Hoping my reservation on Wednesday is still alive...
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: Marriott AmBE ; AA EXP; Amtrak Select Executive; Hertz PC
when migrating data over from a legacy db. they usually do them in batches. they have a crap ton of data that needs to map correctly for the new platform. this will certainly take days as it is not an easy task. so it is normal that there are inconsistencies with your stats. It'll take at least a couple more days before things will stabilize. i've done it for banks. so ya'll need to chill.
rick253 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Having been through a half dozen core system migrations for F100 companies, I'm not going to "freak out" for quite some time. I'd wager that a majority of issues will be addressed.

Many appear to be user issues - you still have two accounts, don't expect to see them all in one place until you merge the two accounts. And the fact that you log in to the two accounts from what appears to be the same location, with minimal visual indication of which account you are using, and account persistence (cookies?), it's easy to lose track of what you're actually looking at.

I wouldn't have handled it this way - I would have executed the account matches proactively in conjunction with the users - have everyone confirm the accounts that match, perform data cleansing and manual matching for those that didn't - and then executed the account merge as part of the conversion process.

Instead, we have a "program merger" where everyone still has two accounts, just as before. Odd conversion strategy choice. Confusing for users.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Originally Posted by stant
nowhere does it say that you will be required to have minimum spend to requalify this year. they have previously told us soon the spend year to date will be shown so that members can track their progress...
I hope you are right and that they were just too lazy to produce two different graphics for legacy SPG and MR members (for whom the spend requirement exists), but let's see.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by slariz
I’m in the boat. Cancelled and rebooked Marriott with no problem- and in a parallel transaction, SPG ate my points.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by pageboy

I’m in the boat. Cancelled and rebooked Marriott with no problem- and in a parallel transaction, SPG ate my points.
Systems seem to be back up (can login again) but still no points from a cancelation yesterday morning. Been 24 hours now and fear I won’t see them until transition totally complete and can get someone on the phone. Ugh. Really want to be using these points right now.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:16 am

when I login to SPG all it shows is my Marriott point balance, (which is correct). hopefully this is a glitch
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by torontotravel
when I login to SPG all it shows is my Marriott point balance, (which is correct). hopefully this is a glitch
same. all SPG points gone.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:31 am

Points and nights gone for me

I seem to have lost a number of nights and a whole batch of points when merged.

Last edited by lallied; Aug 20, 2018 at 8:26 am Reason: iOS auto correct issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.