Wiki Posts
Search

Points gone in merge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Platinum
Points gone in merge

I looked for other threads to see if this was brought up, couldn't find any.

I had just over 65k starpoints before this merger, I now have about 6500. What did I miss because this is what I saw online before it all happened, (copy / pasted.) "In a one-time conversion on August 18, Starpoints® will automatically become points and your Starpoints balance will be multiplied by three.".

Any others experience this? I called and, and they said to call back tomorrow - can't help me now.

Last edited by tw1tch; Aug 18, 2018 at 11:33 pm Reason: forgot a word
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: spg, MR
Same with me. Points disappeared!! Freaking out
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:37 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Me too

Only see Marriott points. No spg points at all. Status came over but no reservations or lifetime, etc.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Same here - hang tight. As long as you have a record you can make a claim later. My guess is that since the SPG points are the ones undergoing a conversion, they'll show up soon.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:15 am

Same situation here, hopefully it's just something they are working on.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
points are ok here but missing 70 nights
I guess will be fixed in the following days, no need to write them for that. Pop corn time
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
My points and nights look ok.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Missing 20 nights at least.... I will just wait it out....
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I was under the impression that SPG75 Plats would get Platinum Premier but my status shows as a Plat.

Last edited by Intl359Widget; Aug 19, 2018 at 3:05 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I was under the impression that SPG25 Plats would get Platinum Premier but my status shows as a Plat.
you mean 75

i show correctly as (LT) PPE, and only a handful of nights so far this year
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by yyznomad

you mean 75

i show correctly as (LT) PPE, and only a handful of nights so far this year
I just fixed my typo and yes I meant SPG75.
It would appear that they did not combine both of my accounts due to a space in my last name so I will have to call for manual intervention.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
I'm missing two nights during a concurrent two-room stay with a friend last weekend, which had already been credited to my SPG account (down from 83 nights to 81).

Points otherwise there in full, multiplied by 3.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
I am currently SPG Platinum, and completed 10 nights so far this year. This 10th night helped me qualify for Lifetime Gold status with SPG.

With the merger, one of the nights disappeared...it shows as 9 nights....so rather than being lifetime gold elite, it tells me I still have to qualify for Lifetime Silver Elite.

Clearly Marriott used a snapshot of our accounts as of a certain date and they $*)#()ed this up.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:51 am

Wow, I am facing every single issue as the ones being reported here.

My SPG account is just a copy paste of my MR account; all my trips, nights and points on SPG are gone. Even my status is not showing correctly, Platinum 50 qualified (valid until 02/28/2019) should have been converted to Platinum premier IIRC.

I was hoping to book some awards today but don't even have the points any more.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by CanRulez
I am currently SPG Platinum, and completed 10 nights so far this year. This 10th night helped me qualify for Lifetime Gold status with SPG.

With the merger, one of the nights disappeared...it shows as 9 nights....so rather than being lifetime gold elite, it tells me I still have to qualify for Lifetime Silver Elite.

Clearly Marriott used a snapshot of our accounts as of a certain date and they $*)#()ed this up.

I'm in a similar situation of missing nights on my account that got to Platinum status two weeks ago. Points are ok. Lifetime Gold status is ok, Will not worry about it for a while since I have no reservations at the moment. Like it was mentioned up thread, time to get the popcorn and monitor things.
makin'miles likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.