Points gone in merge

Old Aug 27, 18, 12:28 pm
  #121  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by ExArkie View Post
How does one find out what the "new number" is? When I try to log into my SPG account, all I get is a message that what I put in isn't correct. Sorted back through all of the e-mails since June (last SPG stay) and found nothing that says I have a new account number.
If you have both a Marriott Rewards and SPG account, you need to login using your actual SPG number and password. Make sure you are logging into the SPG version of the site (or just visit starwoodhotels.com). If the SPG Number/password isn't working, you may need to reset your password providing your SPG number

https://www.marriott.com/forgotPassw...mi?program=spg

When you login with the old SPG Number, you will get a message stating your new number. Both numbers, new and legacy, will be visible on your Profile page.
somekindahate is offline  
Old Aug 27, 18, 1:02 pm
  #122  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, FLL
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE, BA Silver
Posts: 4,337
Originally Posted by ExArkie View Post
How does one find out what the "new number" is? When I try to log into my SPG account, all I get is a message that what I put in isn't correct. Sorted back through all of the e-mails since June (last SPG stay) and found nothing that says I have a new account number.
Check your email too. I just got a comms email communicating the new number.
seanp7 is offline  
Old Aug 27, 18, 1:21 pm
  #123  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Posts: 1,194
Posted in wrong thread. Sorry.

Last edited by jeanie; Aug 27, 18 at 1:30 pm
jeanie is offline  
Old Aug 27, 18, 3:35 pm
  #124  
pvn
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MEM
Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Posts: 5,431
.........
pvn is offline  
Old Aug 27, 18, 8:11 pm
  #125  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Posts: 1,488
NEW NUMBER:

Just Call *wood and ask for your new number. Don't even try logging is with your old id as it will not work.

JUST CALL!!!! 888-625-4991

It worked for me. And as soon as I logged in with my new number and old password, I took screen shot for safe keeping.
hotelfanatic is offline  
Old Aug 27, 18, 8:45 pm
  #126  
pvn
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MEM
Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Posts: 5,431
I just went to spg.com and tried to log in with my old number, and got this:




Password did not change, as mentioned.
pvn is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 7:22 am
  #127  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CLT
Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver, United Silver
Posts: 147
Originally Posted by somekindahate View Post
If you have both a Marriott Rewards and SPG account, you need to login using your actual SPG number and password. Make sure you are logging into the SPG version of the site (or just visit starwoodhotels.com). If the SPG Number/password isn't working, you may need to reset your password providing your SPG number

https://www.marriott.com/forgotPassw...mi?program=spg

When you login with the old SPG Number, you will get a message stating your new number. Both numbers, new and legacy, will be visible on your Profile page.
Unfortunately, that link kept taking me to a place where I could reset the password on the Marriott side, not the SPG side (yes, even with the "...program=spg" command). Evidently, some issue with browser history/cookies/whatever.

Late yesterday, I got an e-mail from SPG about something unrelated (must have been really important news, I already forgot the topic) that had the new SPG number on it. I cleared everything from the browser, opened a private window, and logged in with the new number. Everything worked fine and I was able to merge accounts with no further issues.
ExArkie is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 8:52 am
  #128  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Posts: 2,902
Is there a way to look up your old points totals separate before the merger or are they gone.
I of course did not keep a hard copy record yet I know points are missing.
Without this it will be hard to prove.
Yes I should have been better organized and realized the potential of this to go sideways but I didn't.
HomerJ is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 9:18 am
  #129  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
Is there a way to look up your old points totals separate before the merger or are they gone.
I of course did not keep a hard copy record yet I know points are missing.
Without this it will be hard to prove.
Yes I should have been better organized and realized the potential of this to go sideways but I didn't.
If you are referring to SPG points, the only snapshot I have is from an e-mail from SPG July 27 titled "One program is closer than ever" . It listed my SPG points total with a asterisk stating it was accurate as July 17, 2018

Like you, I completely forgot to take a screenshot and my points are still not restored. They claim this is being worked on, but I don't recall seeing anyone with their points/stays wiped out claiming they've been fixed so far.
somekindahate is offline  
Old Aug 29, 18, 7:11 am
  #130  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Programs: Hilton Diamond
Posts: 2,560
spg confusion

I looked for this question but coudnt find it--I had several nites worth of points in my marriot acct and now just show 3000 points in SPG--where did my marriot points disappear to??
Thank You!!
nlkm9 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 18, 10:03 am
  #131  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Posts: 2,902
Originally Posted by somekindahate View Post
If you are referring to SPG points, the only snapshot I have is from an e-mail from SPG July 27 titled "One program is closer than ever" . It listed my SPG points total with a asterisk stating it was accurate as July 17, 2018

Like you, I completely forgot to take a screenshot and my points are still not restored. They claim this is being worked on, but I don't recall seeing anyone with their points/stays wiped out claiming they've been fixed so far.
I actually think it's my Marriott points that are the issue...the 3 :1 conversion from *wood seems fine it just seems my Marriott points I had accumulated are nowhere to be found.
HomerJ is offline  
Old Aug 29, 18, 10:25 am
  #132  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Posts: 1,674
Originally Posted by nlkm9 View Post
I looked for this question but coudnt find it--I had several nites worth of points in my marriot acct and now just show 3000 points in SPG--where did my marriot points disappear to??
Thank You!!
Did you choose the option to combine your accounts, and did you go though that process?

If you had a Rewards account and an SPG account (whether you inked them or not), and if you did not combine them after August 18, then you still have two accounts. Use each account number, not saved credentials, to log in to each account. You may to to start a private sessions if browser cookies are a problem.

There have been reports of mising nights and points. Marriott is aware that the problem sometimes exists, and is working on it.
RogerD408 likes this.
Horace is offline  
Old Aug 29, 18, 3:01 pm
  #133  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Programs: Hilton Diamond
Posts: 2,560
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
To everyone here who has an SPG account and a Rewards account and is concerned that their SPG points and nights have disappeared because signing in at SPG.com only shows Marriott Rewards points and nights:

Unless you are one of the few who has taken action to combine your accounts while this function was briefly available online, you still have both accounts. The programs have been combined, while retaining three loyalty program brands, but member accounts have not been combined automatically.

Marriott.com and SPG.com are now the same website, running on the same domain (Marriott.com), just with different branding. Unfortunately, browser cookies, the site's "Remember Me" function, and stored IDs & passwords (for example, in the Apple keychain) are causing confusion.

When you sign in at SPG.com, your browser might use your Marriott ID and password, so you'll see your Marriott Rewards account, but with SPG branding.

To see your SPG account, make sure you're fully logged out from the website and that "Remember me" is not checked. You may have to uncheck "Remember me" and then log in and out again.

To see your SPG account, enter your SPG account number and password. Do not rely on stored account IDs or passwords. Do not rely on your email address as your ID if you use the same email ID for both accounts. You should now see your SPG account. Your old account balance will have been multiplied by 3.

When you subsequently go to Marriott.com, you might encounter the same problem in reverse. It's the same solution in reverse.

Don't try to be signed in to SPG and Marriott Rewards at the same time with the same browser.

As you might guess, I had the same problem. The solution above worked for me. I use a Safari under MacOS. Now, when I want to sign in to SPG or Marriott and I click in the "Email or Member Number" field, Safari gives a choice of both account numbers. In this case, I'm relying on Safari, not on Marriott's "Remember me" feature. Your experience might be different with other browsers and operating systems.
I combined my accounts, but I only have 3000 starpoints and still confused where my marriot points are--thats what I had a lot of!!
nlkm9 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 18, 3:02 pm
  #134  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Programs: Hilton Diamond
Posts: 2,560
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
I actually think it's my Marriott points that are the issue...the 3 :1 conversion from *wood seems fine it just seems my Marriott points I had accumulated are nowhere to be found.
yes me too---exactly that!!
nlkm9 is offline  
Old Aug 31, 18, 2:23 pm
  #135  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SFO/SJC
Programs: UA 1K&1.88MM, MR lifetime Gold, HZ PC,
Posts: 1,561
My points and status and all seem to now be in order. Hurrah for that. Amusing to have 13 years as Platinum, but still be 175 nights short of lifetime plat !

The one odd thing that is broken is that I cannot book a former starwood hotel via the marriott website -- it insists that it can't recognize my SPG number (my MR number is what is going in that field now). Works fine in the mobile app, so I'm not stuck, but that's an interesting bug to have on one platform but not the other. Makes me wonder about the underlying system design....
cricketer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread