Points gone in merge

Old Aug 19, 18, 3:58 am

Update: I found the work around.

The issue is (what a surprise) IT related. Even when logging in into Marriott/spg (the site you will be redirected to) Marriott IT will still recognize you as MR member and will auto log you in into your MR account.

So make sure to clear known user, put in your SPG account number and then log in. This will generate your new SPG account number and will log you in into the SPG side.

Unfortunately my account shows as Platinum, not PP. Wait and see.
Old Aug 19, 18, 4:26 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
So itís not only me!!!

- Have me at Platinum Elite when I should be Platinum Premiere Elite (I had 92 nights last year).

- Night count is wrong. Had 46 nights SPG and 3 nights Marriott. New website says 42 nights. Missing 7 nights.

- Points wrong. Had 148k SPG and 18k Marriott. Should show 462k but it shows 445,455. The Conversion is correct if I only had SPG points. They did not merge in my existing Marriott points.

Im sure it will resolve itself but they are 0 for 3. You would think they would have tested the database conversion 10x over before flipping the switch. I am glad I screenshotted the crap out of everything!
Old Aug 19, 18, 5:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW Leaders Club, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75K
Missing all my stays and nights from last 30 days at Starwood.
Old Aug 19, 18, 5:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Marriott LTTitanium, HH Diamond
Logging into both SPG and Marriott sites shows SPG points x 3 (254k x 3 = 762k) but previous MR balance of around 350k not included in balance. Did not screenshot anything unfortunately will monitor over the next few days as I imagine most issues are pervasive.

Could not see LTP status tracker in either site. Was hoping this would be more prominent / easy to find. Again will wait a few days and then call my ambassador if need be.
Old Aug 19, 18, 5:14 am

Programs: DL Plat, AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond (Aspire)
I wouldn't worry too much for the next 48 hours.
I also still have two accounts (which I believe they said was intentional - wasn't there a manual merge thing announced that we have to do?)
That said, if I log into the SPG account, my Lifetime nights have increased by a two digit number which may or may not be my Marriott nights (I remember when I broke 1000 and I am certain I didn't have that many SPG nights since then)
Old Aug 19, 18, 5:23 am

Programs: NZ
If you had two accounts previously you will still have two accounts - except that the SPG account will have a new number.

I believe we will be invited in the not too distant future to merge our accounts.

One problem they have created is that in the merged database there will be accounts with the same email address (one linked to an SPG account, and the other to an MR account if you have both), so I would recommend using your account numbers to login to your accounts (and using the new SPG account number).

All my data is fine - I just had the confusion initially of logging in.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Aug 19, 18, 5:33 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
One thing that bugs me is that my profile says 81 nights: 19 nights and 10,077 USD to Ambassador.

That is contrary to what had been represented to us by the Lurkers and the website, i.e. that we could still qualify for Ambassador status this year under legacy SPG rules, namely 100 nights with no minimum spend.

I hope this gets fixed up.
Old Aug 19, 18, 5:34 am

Programs: Delta Silver, AAdvantage Gold, SPG/Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMEX Membership Rewards
Everyone has two accounts now - a legacy SPG account converted into a Marriott account, and an old Marriott account. For me, YTD stays, points, lifetime stays are not added between the two. Both of my accounts had the same email address, but different passwords. I can log on to either account from any of the websites / apps
controller1 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 18, 7:32 am

Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Saint4805 View Post
Logging into both SPG and Marriott sites shows SPG points x 3 (254k x 3 = 762k) but previous MR balance of around 350k not included in balance. Did not screenshot anything unfortunately will monitor over the next few days as I imagine most issues are pervasive.

Could not see LTP status tracker in either site. Was hoping this would be more prominent / easy to find. Again will wait a few days and then call my ambassador if need be.
Accounts haven't been merged yet. If you login using your MR credential, and you should see those 350K points there.
Old Aug 19, 18, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
Everyone has two accounts now - a legacy SPG account converted into a Marriott account, and an old Marriott account. For me, YTD stays, points, lifetime stays are not added between the two. Both of my accounts had the same email address, but different passwords. I can log on to either account from any of the websites / apps
not everyone yet
Old Aug 19, 18, 8:13 am

Programs: Hilton Dia, Marriott PP, UA *G, SK Dia
Originally Posted by Epicura View Post

The issue is (what a surprise) IT related. Even when logging in into Marriott/spg (the site you will be redirected to) Marriott IT will still recognize you as MR member and will auto log you in into your MR account.

So make sure to clear known user, put in your SPG account number and then log in. This will generate your new SPG account number and will log you in into the SPG side.

Unfortunately my account shows as Platinum, not PP. Wait and see.

Redirected me to my Marriott account also, missing all my SPG points / stays / nights.
I'm glad I don't have any upcoming stays until 6 days from now, hoping everything wil lbe fixed by then.
Old Aug 19, 18, 9:10 am

Try incognito mode or double check your SPG log in credentials? Do you get a notification of a new SPG number that you need to use in order to log in?
Old Aug 19, 18, 9:13 am

Location: Somewhere between Toledo and Atlanta but Washington DC will always be home.
Programs: Starriott Plat, Avis Presidents Club, Whatever Airline is going where I want to go
Same for me. Went to starwoodhotels/preferredguest and logged in. Redirected to a marriott.com site. None of my points from *wood - just the ~40,000 from legacy Marriott stays. Also no record of my past or future stays at legacy *wood hotels. Nor a correct listing of my stays/nights for the year. Next stay is Friday night - hopefully fixed by then.
Old Aug 19, 18, 9:37 am

Location: Somewhere between Toledo and Atlanta but Washington DC will always be home.
Programs: Starriott Plat, Avis Presidents Club, Whatever Airline is going where I want to go
Originally Posted by Epicura View Post

Tried this but still didn't work for me. Oh well. Hope they get it fixed ASAP!
Old Aug 19, 18, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dcstudent View Post
Same for me. Went to starwoodhotels/preferredguest and logged in. Redirected to a marriott.com site. None of my points from *wood - just the ~40,000 from legacy Marriott stays. Also no record of my past or future stays at legacy *wood hotels. Nor a correct listing of my stays/nights for the year. Next stay is Friday night - hopefully fixed by then.
Originally Posted by dcstudent View Post
Tried this but still didn't work for me. Oh well. Hope they get it fixed ASAP!
Try an Incognito window - that might have spurred mine finally working. Or re-set your password (I had to) and then it finally showed the new SPG number.

(shouldn't have been this hard...)

Search this Thread