Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Platinum Status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by Guillou
Showed originally as Plat but downgraded to Gold to today as well. Oh, well I'm Diamond with Hilton so I will just stay with them going forward (for both breakfast and lounge access). Had Marriott kept the "old gold" benefits I would have had around 20 nights with them this year but I'm just as fine with now booking Hilton.
Best thing to do ..... vote with your wallets
vulle likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:58 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Oddly mine has not (yet) been changed to Gold... perhaps as more data is populated as my account activity is moved over as part of the merge process it will be
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
How long is it since you merged your accounts? The official stance is that all accounts at the moment is showing the correct current Elite Status unless your current status is lower than your LT status. MAR are still trying to reconcile the migrated and combined LT nights and years with the displayed LT status and the implied current status.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:15 am
dw

Originally Posted by X-ON
How long is it since you merged your accounts? The official stance is that all accounts at the moment is showing the correct current Elite Status unless your current status is lower than your LT status.
I merged my accounts Monday afternoon. Marriott (where I was previously matched to former Gold from SPG former Gold attained through my Amex Plat.. and which was incorrectly showing as new Plat) was merged into my SPG (which was correctly showing new Gold), and my SPG was at that point upgraded to new Plat.

Considering the issues I've been having with my SPG Amex, if I slip through the cracks in this area for four-five months, I'll take it.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Mine still shows (two days after merging Plat - Plat) as Platinum ..... maybe because the Amex SPG Gold was not “active” anymore .... cancelled the Amex a few month back but the Gold status stuck to the account
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:55 am

Just tried to get United Silver with Marriott Platinum but no go .... system said I need to be Platinum Elite to be eligible....... was that always this way ?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by blitzen
Just tried to get United Silver with Marriott Platinum but no go .... system said I need to be Platinum Elite to be eligible....... was that always this way ?
If you go to the rewards plus website it does state it is for Platinum Premiers,
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, Marriott, Starwood
It's been a month since the last post to this thread. Does anyone have any recent experience as to their actual status once they have combined their SPG Gold (obtained through AMEX Plat benefit) with their Marriott? I have Gold with Marriott because of Gold status match from SPG side but I almost never use my SPG account. I haven't combined my account yet so curious to know of folks' recent experience.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by blitzen
It was always that the 75 night level @ MR was required to get the UA Silver through RewardsPlus. So the title changed (75 night level was Platinum in legacy MR and Plat Premier in modern MR), but the nights/status requirement for the match did not.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:55 pm
dw

Originally Posted by BKKWoof
It's been a month since the last post to this thread. Does anyone have any recent experience as to their actual status once they have combined their SPG Gold (obtained through AMEX Plat benefit) with their Marriott? I have Gold with Marriott because of Gold status match from SPG side but I almost never use my SPG account. I haven't combined my account yet so curious to know of folks' recent experience.
I guess the question is... does your Marriott account current show as (new) Gold or (new) Platinum? If it was already correctly downgraded to (new) Gold, you already have the status that is currently offered through the Amex Plat benefit.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:48 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
I have combined my accounts, and am new-Gold. With the Marriott and Starwood nights combined I would have Gold anyway (26 so far this year) so the card status is irrelevant.

Shame that I can't stack earned Gold, Amex Plat-granted Gold, and SPG Luxury-granted Gold to get Platinum or Platinum Premier, or at least new-Gold with the old-Gold 4pm late checkout added to it....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.