AMEX Platinum Status

Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Only shows the Gold Elite for me - both in app and web.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:27 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
I show Plat Elite on both.

However, I am wondering where all my SPG points went, along with my SPG records...I only see the Marriott side of things and that is my points/stays.

Perhaps when the merge is truly done, I might me down to Gold Elite? I am almost at 50 nights though, and will make that this year.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Handcake
I show Plat Elite on both.

However, I am wondering where all my SPG points went, along with my SPG records...I only see the Marriott side of things and that is my points/stays.

Perhaps when the merge is truly done, I might me down to Gold Elite? I am almost at 50 nights though, and will make that this year.
Linked accounts are not automatically merged and you must manually initiate the merge process here once available for your account (functionality is being rolled out to members in waves).
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Both accounts (SPG and Marriott) show Platinum Elite for me. So far so good
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:02 am

Anyone able to merge the accounts? My Marriott showing platinum and my SPG showing gold. Want to merge so that i get platinum benefits for upcoming SPG stays
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:03 am

believe its still down right now re merging
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by zagguru
Anyone able to merge the accounts? My Marriott showing platinum and my SPG showing gold. Want to merge so that i get platinum benefits for upcoming SPG stays
Why not just call the hotel and switch your rewards number to the Marriott number? The hotel should be able to process either number.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Why not just call the hotel and switch your rewards number to the Marriott number? The hotel should be able to process either number.

Thanks, will try that.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:43 am

Yup mine shows Gold Elite too
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: Far too many
Merged ok.
*wood gold from amex plat. Old Marriot Gold from *wood gold.
Merged account shows Marriott plat.
All points, nights, reservation appear to have transferred ok.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Update - I merged my accounts, and my merged account now says Gold, not Platinum. Also, another poster reported that his status was changed to Gold before any merging. So it looks like Marriott is downgrading these Amex Platinum Platinum elites back to Gold.

Oh well - changed a Marriott booking to Four Seasons as a result. Looks like I will apply for one of the Marriott cards and see if I have enough travel to push for 35 Marriott nights in 2019.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Update - I merged my accounts, and my merged account now says Gold, not Platinum. Also, another poster reported that his status was changed to Gold before any merging. So it looks like Marriott is downgrading these Amex Platinum Platinum elites back to Gold.

Oh well - changed a Marriott booking to Four Seasons as a result. Looks like I will apply for one of the Marriott cards and see if I have enough travel to push for 35 Marriott nights in 2019.
My status just changed back to Gold Elite from Platinum as well. I made a booking while Platinum, wonder if they'll honor it?
Adelphos likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by travel light
Merged ok.
*wood gold from amex plat. Old Marriot Gold from *wood gold.
Merged account shows Marriott plat.
All points, nights, reservation appear to have transferred ok.
Now down to Gold.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:40 pm

How could a change in elite status affect your booking?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by travel light
How could a change in elite status affect your booking?
I mean honor the Platinum benefits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.