Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Combining Marriott Rewards and SPG Accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combining Marriott Rewards and SPG Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by username
To me, the biggest confusion is the merging part. It seems people are reporting:

- Not merged - and that is the plan for this weekend
- Merged somewhat

I was under the impression that merge would happen this weekend. I never linked my accounts but did do the step to merge them, at least I thought.

I read somewhere just now (I think one of the threads in the SPG Sub-Forum) that they will roll out merge to members gradually the next few days.

The SPG Forum continues to have SPG Lurker support ^
I havent seen anyone reporting that its merged yet. Theres been confusion but seems the only change is that SPG has been converted to Marriott, so members have a marriotted spg account so far.

as for trying the merge. Going to wait till the all clear is sent. Dont want to tempt fate.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
I got on this page:

Combine my accounts

But I get the message:

Please correct the following and try again.
User ID and/or password is incorrect
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by submonte
I got on this page:

Combine my accounts

But I get the message:

Something happened. My second account ("SPG") shows now also my MR account no. and my MR account activity, but the "SPG" activity is nowhere anymore.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:57 pm

Something happened. My second account ("SPG") shows now also my MR account no. and my MR account activity, but the "SPG" activity is nowhere anymore.
The SPG App still shows the correct data of my SPG account.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:59 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Both accounts are being hosted on the same site, and cookies are causing the problem. Login to your SPG account from a different browser or incognito, and all will be normal.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:01 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I got on this page:

Combine my accounts

But I get the message:

It is looking for your account credentials for you OTHER account than you are logged into currently.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum
I apologize if this has been addressed already, but I am a little confused with this recent change. I had about 95,000 SPG points and about 185,000 Marriott points last month. I wanted to transfer the SPG points to Marriott since it is 1:3 but when I went into my SPG account today, it just reflects the same 185,000 points as is in my Marriott account.

Where are the SPG points? Can I still get those as credits on my Marriott account?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:21 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UGATraveler
I apologize if this has been addressed already, but I am a little confused with this recent change.
Read jonathansullivan's post 2 posts up from yours.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Read jonathansullivan's post 2 posts up from yours.
Ahh, thank you
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:56 am

I'm one of those people with the "Coming Soon" Grayed out. I have like 100k points in my Marriott account and 150k points in my SPG account. I wont hit 75 nights this year unless I combined them.

Any idea why some people can combine and others can't?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by jdang
I'm one of those people with the "Coming Soon" Grayed out. I have like 100k points in my Marriott account and 150k points in my SPG account. I wont hit 75 nights this year unless I combined them.

Same thing with me.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star

In order to ensure stability and make sure they can halt further rollouts in case of issues, the ability to merge accounts is being rolled out in batches/waves. Eventually you'll get included and the option will be available.

According to Marriott Insiders, this will happen at some point today, if the original plan holds. It's possible that issues in the merge process or other higher priority IT issues might cause them to delay that timeframe.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist

Whether it gets combined today or next week, it wont change whether you make platinum.

I'd just leave it be until the dust settles and deal with it then. I'm missing some nights post conversion on the spg side .. just will wait it out and see if it fixes itself
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Antarius
Whether it gets combined today or next week, it wont change whether you make platinum.

I'd just leave it be until the dust settles and deal with it then. I'm missing some nights post conversion on the spg side .. just will wait it out and see if it fixes itself
While it won't matter in most cases, I still need to use my SPG SNA on a MAR reservation.

Hopefully they roll this out quickly.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I don't think anyone has successfully combined accounts yet. At least I haven't seen that report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.