Rewards Plus

Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:08 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Hey I am not loving the past 5 days just like anyone, but let's be factual too...no SPG Plat will be downgraded to the new 25 night level
No. Benefits will just be stripped away until it looks like PMMR GLD. Arne only said SPG members would do okay. He didn't say we would do great.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: AF Plat, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by uxb
RewardsPlus was granted to PMMR PLT, which we all were during the transition. With the newer categories, however, PM*W PLT = PMMR GLD.
I mean, sure, but we all knew that would be temporary. But this isn't like losing the 4 PM checkout for SPG golds, this was something we (if one was SPG) didn't even know existed until we were matched to, frankly, an ego soothing level at Marriott. Don't get me wrong there's quite a lot to complain about in the merger, but 50 or even 25! night SPG plats not getting an old MR 75 night perk ain't one of em' IMHO.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:29 am
uxb

Originally Posted by wsommerv
I mean, sure, but we all knew that would be temporary. But this isn't like losing the 4 PM checkout for SPG golds, this was something we (if one was SPG) didn't even know existed until we were matched to, frankly, an ego soothing level at Marriott. Don't get me wrong there's quite a lot to complain about in the merger, but 50 or even 25! night SPG plats not getting an old MR 75 night perk ain't one of em' IMHO.
I respectfully disagree having already lost Crossover Rewards with Delta.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: AF Plat, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by uxb
I respectfully disagree having already lost Crossover Rewards with Delta.
You know what? That's actually a pretty fair point.

Welp, more to add to my grumble pile.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:37 am
uxb

Originally Posted by wsommerv
You know what? That's actually a pretty fair point.

Welp, more to add to my grumble pile.
Sarcasm appreciated.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, World of Hyatt Discoverist, Ultimate Rewards, AMEX
Originally Posted by sngorman
Looks like it was a mistake and it's only Platinum Premier. Website has been updated: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...ts/platinum.mi
Yes, it looks like it was an error. However, it was a strange error because not only were did it show up on the website but on August 22nd prior to the Marriott Rewards site going down for the second time it allowed Platinum Elites under the new Marriott program to match to United Silver. I assume the computer must have confused the new Marriott Platinum with the old Marriott Platinum. Now my fiancee is a United Silver. We are excited to try out the new status.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:25 am
uxb

Is MR going to strip it away from PLTs who matched at the beginning of the year?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by uxb
Is MR going to strip it away from PLTs who matched at the beginning of the year?
no. Matched is matched. Also, MR Plat became PP in August so you would still qualify,
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:05 am
uxb

Originally Posted by cfischer
no. Matched is matched. Also, MR Plat became PP in August so you would still qualify,
I was only given PLT in the switchover.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.