Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Problems with SPG to Marriott nights after merge.

Problems with SPG to Marriott nights after merge.

Old Aug 19, 18, 1:23 pm

Posting here about points (not nights), since I didn't see a separate thread for same. Mods please move as appropriate.

SPG is gone (r.i.p.). Unfortunately, it seems SPG took my points with them to Valhalla. Did anyone else not get their SPG points merged into their Marriott account?
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Aug 19, 18, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, SPG Plat (LT Gold), MR Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World View Post
Where are you seeing your total on your "Marriotted" SPG account?
When logged into your Marriotted SPG account, click on Account Activity and then on the right side near the top you'll see Nights Earned. Click on Details under that and you'll see your Lifetime Nights total.

Last edited by yule_boy; Aug 19, 18 at 1:44 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 19, 18, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by ScatterX View Post
Posting here about points (not nights), since I didn't see a separate thread for same. Mods please move as appropriate.

SPG is gone (r.i.p.). Unfortunately, it seems SPG took my points with them to Valhalla. Did anyone else not get their SPG points merged into their Marriott account?
they have not merged them yet. So far, it appears they converted SPG to Marriott in terms of points, elite nights etc. Both balances are separate although now at equal currency/footing.

next is the true merge where everything gets added up.
Old Aug 19, 18, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by ScatterX View Post

Log into your SPG account using your old SPG credentials (log out of your Marriott account completely, including the step to "clear saved user info" on the login page after logging out.) You should see your points balance as 3x your old SPG points balance there. You can also get your new Marriott-ized SPG member number there .. if you login using your old SPG number it will just tell you the new number, otherwise look under your profile after logging in. If you are using the apps, make sure to update them.

And adding to what Antarius said above, the merging of your spg and marriott accounts is not automatic, and not ready to be done yet.

-David
Old Aug 19, 18, 4:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Bronze, Carlson Gold, A3*G, UA*S, DLGold
Many people are reporting higher lifetime nights but to me it looks like they’ve just taken my correct lifetime total and added the total number of nights stayed this year.

Several others on here are also reporting similar.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 18, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket View Post
Many people are reporting higher lifetime nights but to me it looks like they’ve just taken my correct lifetime total and added the total number of nights stayed this year.

Several others on here are also reporting similar.
I had 155 lifetime SPG nights and it now shows 161.
I've stayed 24 nights this year with the most recent being 9 nights from 4th to 13th August and my previous stay in April was 16 nights.
Points total is correct, my night totals are incorrect and don't make sense.
Old Aug 19, 18, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, IHG Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
So my account is showing “platinum premier achiever”. I was lifetime platinum Marriott before the merger but what is with this “achiever”?

not sure what that means lol.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Aug 19, 18, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by mrfreezetas View Post
I had 155 lifetime SPG nights and it now shows 161.
I've stayed 24 nights this year with the most recent being 9 nights from 4th to 13th August and my previous stay in April was 16 nights.
Points total is correct, my night totals are incorrect and don't make sense.
did you stay 6 award nights by any chance? IIRC, spg did not count award stays to LT nights while Marriott did. So maybe these are now being added in?

my spg total is also higher.
Old Aug 19, 18, 10:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond; SPG/Marriott Gold
Sounds like many people can log in and see something, maybe not completed added up nights or points. I tried a few times, still cannot log in.
Old Aug 19, 18, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
did you stay 6 award nights by any chance? IIRC, spg did not count award stays to LT nights while Marriott did. So maybe these are now being added in?

my spg total is also higher.
All this years stays have been paid stays and last year I remember having a 3 or 4 night award stay.
In the past I have had a few more awards stays but do not remember how many but certainly more than 6.
Old Aug 20, 18, 12:05 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by LIH Prem View Post
Log into your SPG account using your old SPG credentials (log out of your Marriott account completely, including the step to "clear saved user info" on the login page after logging out.) You should see your points balance as 3x your old SPG points balance there. You can also get your new Marriott-ized SPG member number there .. if you login using your old SPG number it will just tell you the new number, otherwise look under your profile after logging in. If you are using the apps, make sure to update them.

And adding to what Antarius said above, the merging of your spg and marriott accounts is not automatic, and not ready to be done yet.

-David
I cannot log-in to my SPG account at all. I can now log into my Marriot account but it only show my point earned through Marriot stays this year. My SPG nights for 2018 and my 259,000 SPG points and lifetime status do not show up on my Marriot account. I assume that at some point they will appear.
Old Aug 20, 18, 12:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer View Post
I cannot log-in to my SPG account at all. I can now log into my Marriot account but it only show my point earned through Marriot stays this year. My SPG nights for 2018 and my 259,000 SPG points and lifetime status do not show up on my Marriot account. I assume that at some point they will appear.
Now I can log into my SPG account however only my Marriott points appear, My SPG nights, points and my reservations for the rest of the year do not appear and my Lifetime status is still missing. I remain hopeful that at some point everything will be fixed.
Old Aug 20, 18, 4:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by yscleo View Post
Sounds like many people can log in and see something, maybe not completed added up nights or points. I tried a few times, still cannot log in.
So far I have "lost" all of my SPG points AND nights.

I guess they will come back some time, but I sincerely hope they do!
Old Aug 20, 18, 5:16 am

My lifetime nights total increased by 40; YTD nights went down by 5; shows next level as Lifetime Silver ( I’m LT PLT), YTD spend as USD 9,000 ( a bit surprising as I’ve been burning points like there’s no tomorrow and spend would be way down on a typical year).
I guess they’ll sort it, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Old Aug 21, 18, 8:36 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor G | Marriott P | SPG P| Hilton S
Originally Posted by Andy82 View Post
I’m short of 11 nights on my “new” SPG account, 50 instead of 61. All nights after July are absent. Also, the number of Lifetime Nights does not match, actually showing more than I should have (218 instead of 176). I still did not combine accounts.
same problem with me. I don’t have stay in July, but there is one stay in early Aug. Seems July onward batch is still WIP

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: