Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To view your cumulative years of status at each level, log into your Marriott or SPG account and then visit https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Until you merge accounts, the summary will show only the stats for whichever legacy program account youre logged into (and not your combined totals in the new program).

Why does my Marriott lifetime elite total show several years of Plat status? I was Gold in the past, but never earned Plat.
Confusingly, Marriott has changed the terminology for elite levels in the new program. In the past, Gold meant you had 50+ nights in one year; going forward, Gold is the 25-night level & members who stay 50+ nights are Plat.

As a result, all prior years at the old, harder-to-earn Gold level are treated as Plat in the new program. Heres how Starwood Lurker explained things in the wiki (FAQ B4) at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...tml#lifeheader:
Past years at applicable Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Night levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Silver Elite (10 nights) Years count as Silver Elite
Years at Gold Elite (50 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Elite (75 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Premier Elite (unpublished) Years count as Platinum Elite
Past years in SPG Elite levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Gold Preferred (25 nights) Years count as Gold Elite
Years at Platinum Preferred (50/75/100 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
The years that members achieved Elite status due to credit cards will count towards Lifetime status.
Print Wikipost

Years of status is available

Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Go read this:

https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/09/01/...ill-available/

and see how close you are to 1.6 million lifetime points. The other way to qualify for Lifetime Platinum (but only by the end of this year) is to get to 500 lifetime Marriott nights (which you already have) and 1.6 million lifetime Marriott points (which you have to use the technique at that link above to see, unless you remember what it was from before AUg 18).

And if you want to pursue that, there's a separate thread about pursuing lifetime Marriott status that way, which lists all the ways you can try to earn the points:

The Race to 2.0MM Points is On!

(That thread is titled after what you need for Lifetime Platinum Premier, but the techniques are the same if you're trying for Lifetime Platinum.)

Just looked it up, I'm at 1,435,435 points. So I'm 160k short. So are you saying that if I get 160K points by the end of the year, that'll qualify me for lifetime Platinum??
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yep if they're solely MR legacy points since you seem to already have the 500 required nights for legacy MR LTG.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by TSparky
I'm still not seeing any nights come over from SPG and it's been 9 days. The points of course came right away.
Same for me. I think I'll wait another week before I call in or email them. I'm hoping SPG still has my elite nights/elite level history that they can access for verification.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:39 pm

Im still trying to sort out incorrect lifetime years with Marriott and had a question about the lifetime counts reflected in the app today. Is the count supposed to reflect the NEW levels or the OLD levels. Ie if it says 5 platinum years, does this include my previous gold (since old gold is now platninum) and previous platinum years?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Iguana0
Im still trying to sort out incorrect lifetime years with Marriott and had a question about the lifetime counts reflected in the app today. Is the count supposed to reflect the NEW levels or the OLD levels. Ie if it says 5 platinum years, does this include my previous gold (since old gold is now platninum) and previous platinum years?
It seems to be the case that year at Platinum is based upon the current definition (50 nights) and sweeps in Old MR Gold and everything above
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
One month later......Has anyone seen any progress on this? Been able to get questions answered or emails responded to on this issue?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:42 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Has anyone else found that their "Years as ..." statistics are wrong-- on the high side? The figures MR shows for me are all above my own counting, including the "Years as Silver, Gold, or Platinum," which claims I've had elite status longer than I've even been a member of the program!
Have you ever had any separate status with Starwood (i.e. not elite from linking but actual nights/stays based with Starwood?) Those would also be added in even if you had the same or higher status with Marriott the same year.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:27 pm

are they counting 2018 at this point not yet met

so i have platinum based n my 2017 activity, but am short on both the marriott and starwood side, hope to reach the required amounts in each and get two more platinum lifetime years to bring me closer to 10.

are they, however, possibly already counting me as 2018 marmott platinum and 2018 starwood platinum?

separate question, is the lifetime years number considered to be accurate at this point, or is it a work in progress?

FINALLY gold years separate from platinum what would that be? could it be marriott gold credit card years that they are not counting as platinum, for whatever reason> (they told me they would, for whatever that is worth. but that was in july.). or could it be years that i earned gold on the way to platinum at starwood -- any starwood year that i made gold i also made platinum.

any insight appreciated, than you
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Renard
One month later......Has anyone seen any progress on this? Been able to get questions answered or emails responded to on this issue?
I only got as far as receiving a response outlining which years I had gold and platinum but those were less than my total platinum years in the new program. So some years are not counting but they did not explain which ones or provide any context at all. Im also not sure if 2018 status is counted but thinking its not.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)

I only got as far as receiving a response outlining which years I had gold and platinum but those were less than my total platinum years in the new program. So some years are not counting but they did not explain which ones or provide any context at all. Im also not sure if 2018 status is counted but thinking its not.
You got this from them via email? Ive emailed and received no response. If figured calling would be a waste of timeId expect them to say whatever needs to be said to justify what numbers showed.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
I'm shocked you got a practical response at all. When I asked about my years of status, I ended up getting this reply on the 9th.

As we work to integrate all of our systems during the next few weeks, some information may not be updating or showing correctly yet. We are working to correct the information. We do appreciate your patience in this time of many changes

I have also included the web site below that you may find helpful:

Marriott

Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Safe travels,
<Agent Name>
Marriott Customer Care
It's probably worth saying that I asked about years of status on my Marriott account. I asked about a number of SPG issues separately, and other than the automated email response with a case number, I haven't heard anything at all in almost 3 weeks now.

Last edited by flandery; Sep 20, 2018 at 10:48 am
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by flandery
I'm shocked you got a practical response at all. When I asked about my years of status, I ended up getting this reply on the 9th.

It's probably worth saying that I asked about years of status on my Marriott account. I asked about a number of SPG issues separately, and other than the automated email response with a case number, I haven't heard anything at all in almost 3 weeks now.
I guess its YMMV. I called and had a case filed with no response for weeks. Then emailed and got a response in about a week. But I still dont know why all my years did not count and they did not address that at all.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:24 am

I guess its YMMV. I called and had a case filed with no response for weeks. Then emailed and got a response in about a week. But I still dont know why all my years did not count and they did not address that at all.
Were you asking about something in addition to why not all your years counted, or was the response totally non-responsive?
Assimilated Cajun likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I have had LT Starwood a few years now with 900+ nights. I don;t think they gave Lifetime Plat unless you were Plat for 10 years which I am not positive but I think was the case. I still show as LT Plat but want LT Premier Plat but it still doesn't show and I can't see any of my stats anymore with the merge. Anyone else in the same boat or are they doing a sweep in Jan 2019. Thanks
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by 1K_From_SNA
Anyone else in the same boat or are they doing a sweep in Jan 2019. Thanks
Yes - only legacy MR LT Plat are now sporting LTPP. The rest of us wait until 2019 (Jan may be optimistic with the way things have been going).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.