Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To view your cumulative years of status at each level, log into your Marriott or SPG account and then visit https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Until you merge accounts, the summary will show only the stats for whichever legacy program account youre logged into (and not your combined totals in the new program).

Why does my Marriott lifetime elite total show several years of Plat status? I was Gold in the past, but never earned Plat.
Confusingly, Marriott has changed the terminology for elite levels in the new program. In the past, Gold meant you had 50+ nights in one year; going forward, Gold is the 25-night level & members who stay 50+ nights are Plat.

As a result, all prior years at the old, harder-to-earn Gold level are treated as Plat in the new program. Heres how Starwood Lurker explained things in the wiki (FAQ B4) at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...tml#lifeheader:
Past years at applicable Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Night levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Silver Elite (10 nights) Years count as Silver Elite
Years at Gold Elite (50 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Elite (75 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Premier Elite (unpublished) Years count as Platinum Elite
Past years in SPG Elite levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Gold Preferred (25 nights) Years count as Gold Elite
Years at Platinum Preferred (50/75/100 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
The years that members achieved Elite status due to credit cards will count towards Lifetime status.
Print Wikipost

Years of status is available

Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Has anyone seen there years status change since the 18th? My number is way low, I sent an email to MR asking for them to look at it but I haven't heard back. Its not that important that I want to call yet.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:37 pm

My lifetime years info is way off (only shows 5 Silver/Gold/Platinum, 5 Gold/Platinum, and 5 Platinum years even though I should have 12 total years in various levels) and hasn't changed since the initial site update on the 18th.

I was going to just sit and wait, but with the status webpage saying all lifetime info now being correct, I decided to contact them today and see what happens.

BTW, did anyone figure out if previous years in the 50-74 night range are counted as "Gold" or "Platinum" years in the new lifetime statistics? It seemed like there was a lot of debate on this prior to the merger and it could affect my lifetime status in a big way!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Lifetime status - issue?

Just passing along some feedback from my son who is a lifetime gold status member. He is currently a Platinum Premier as well.

In the new SPG app post merger (obviously), the info gleaned from the app regarding lifestime status is rather useless, namely in the "Years as xxx or higher". It shows his total nights (relevant), and it shows his Years as a Silver or Higher (irrelevant). Shouldn't it say "Years as Platinum or higher"? (presumably since he is "on [his] way to Lifetime Platinum Elite"?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Sizzles
My lifetime years info is way off (only shows 5 Silver/Gold/Platinum, 5 Gold/Platinum, and 5 Platinum years even though I should have 12 total years in various levels) and hasn't changed since the initial site update on the 18th.

I was going to just sit and wait, but with the status webpage saying all lifetime info now being correct, I decided to contact them today and see what happens.

BTW, did anyone figure out if previous years in the 50-74 night range are counted as "Gold" or "Platinum" years in the new lifetime statistics? It seemed like there was a lot of debate on this prior to the merger and it could affect my lifetime status in a big way!
As to the 50-74 nights, if they were Marriott nights, they appear to be counting as platinum. As to the rest, were any of your years of status buy-backs or challenges? Let us know the results of your call please; you aren't the only one who believes they are missing years.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by ellinj
Has anyone seen there years status change since the 18th? My number is way low, I sent an email to MR asking for them to look at it but I haven't heard back. Its not that important that I want to call yet.
I figure it is pointless at this point to call to ask for explanations because I'm just afraid that I'm gong to get someone 'making up stuff' to justify whatever numbers show. This seems to happen all too often in the travel industry. I might be a bit too jaded though.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Why does this need a new thread? We have so many threads on LT status already.

Perhaps you can ask a mod to merge into one of the other threads.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Has anyone found where it states when you're current status is supposed to end? As of now I have no idea if my status is ending 2019 or 2020
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:04 pm

B10. Do years of Gold in the legacy MR program count as a year of Platinum in the calculation for LTPP?
Yes, your previous years in the Marriott Rewards Program that were Gold Elite will be counted as years at Platinum Elite in the new program.
Take the following with a grain of salt, but after spending half an hour on the phone with an Marriott Rewards person, they were adamant that the point above was not the case, even after checking with their manager. The explanation I was given is as follows (for MR folks, not necessarily for SPG folks):
  • Year only counts if you spent the entire year at that level or higher (effectively: the status you had on Mar 1 is what is counted). If you started the year as Silver, but qualified for Gold in April, the year still only counts as Silver. The next year would count as Gold.
  • Statuses prior to Aug 18 are not "re cast" under the new rules and counts based on the original 10/50/75+ levels, not the new 10/25/50+ levels. A year spent as Gold would not count towards your Platinum level.
  • Status for 2019 is not counted in the totals and will not be until the next status year in 2019.
I'm still dubious of this explanation because my numbers make even less sense under these rules. At this point I'm just giving up on trying to get it fixed, or to get an explanation that makes sense.

Maybe I'll try again in a month when the goal isn't to get you off the phone as fast as possible.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:15 pm

Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 1085

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 20

Years as Gold or Platinum: 18

Years as Platinum: 17

After merge I am LTP now (LTS with Marriott prior to merge). Will upgrade to LTPP happen in January 2019?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fluxtravels
Take the following with a grain of salt [...]
  • Statuses prior to Aug 18 are not "re cast" under the new rules and counts based on the original 10/50/75+ levels, not the new 10/25/50+ levels. A year spent as Gold would not count towards your Platinum level.
I'm still dubious of this explanation because my numbers make even less sense under these rules.
I'm not going to say that this CSR is replete with a certain barnyard substance. Let's just say that I have never in my life been Marriott Plat before now. I was Gold on two separate, non-consecutive occasions (including last year), which exactly matches my pre-account-combination count for lifetime years of Marriott Plat.

P.S. Welcome to FT!

Last edited by beltway; Aug 27, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by dealhunter999
Your lifetime statistics

After merge I am LTP now (LTS with Marriott prior to merge). Will upgrade to LTPP happen in January 2019?
That's what they've been peddling, yes.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dealhunter999
Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 1085

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 20

Years as Gold or Platinum: 18

Years as Platinum: 17

LTPP will only exist for those who had LTP under the old program. Under the new program LTPP can't be earned.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Take the following with a grain of salt, but after spending half an hour on the phone with an Marriott Rewards person, they were adamant that the point above was not the case, even after checking with their manager. The explanation I was given is as follows (for MR folks, not necessarily for SPG folks):
  • Year only counts if you spent the entire year at that level or higher (effectively: the status you had on Mar 1 is what is counted). If you started the year as Silver, but qualified for Gold in April, the year still only counts as Silver. The next year would count as Gold.
  • Status for 2019 is not counted in the totals and will not be until the next status year in 2019.
I'm still dubious of this explanation because my numbers make even less sense under these rules. At this point I'm just giving up on trying to get it fixed, or to get an explanation that makes sense.

Maybe I'll try again in a month when the goal isn't to get you off the phone as fast as possible.
If I count this way my count does make sense.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:45 pm

• Statuses prior to Aug 18 are not "re cast" under the new rules and counts based on the original 10/50/75+ levels, not the new 10/25/50+ levels. A year spent as Gold would not count towards your Platinum level...

Originally Posted by beltway
I'm not going to say that this CSR is replete with a certain barnyard substance. Let's just say that I have never in my life been Marriott Plat before now. I was Gold on two separate, non-consecutive occasions (including last year), which exactly matches my pre-account-combination count for lifetime years of Marriott Plat.

P.S. Welcome to FT!
Not only that, but it would make what Marriott had posted in the FAQ's on the members' site totally absurd: We are keeping members “whole” in the applicable night tier in which they earned their Elite status. Example: If a member has 4 years of Elite status at the 50 night level (Gold Elite status) they will be counted in August and beyond as 4 years at the new 50 night level (Platinum Elite status). Only the names of the levels are changing. How we account for tenure is not changing.

You can't have Gold Elite status at the 50 night level in the new system, so clearly those 4 years that are being counted at the Platinum Elite level....
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by beltway

P.S. Welcome to FT!
Thanks! Long time lurker, first time contributor

Out of curiosity, any opinion on that 3rd bullet? It sounds like you've been able to validate your years more closely than a lot of folks I've seen posting. I tend to think that bullet is right, but I can't back that up with what I see on my account since my numbers make no sense. For logical/technical reasons, it would be moderately annoying to count future status on the fly, adding to one bucket and subtracting from another as your future status fluctuates over the year. The other variables that would be encountered (status challenges, account merges, credit cards, etc) would make it even more obnoxious to calculate on the fly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.