Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To view your cumulative years of status at each level, log into your Marriott or SPG account and then visit https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Until you merge accounts, the summary will show only the stats for whichever legacy program account youre logged into (and not your combined totals in the new program).

Why does my Marriott lifetime elite total show several years of Plat status? I was Gold in the past, but never earned Plat.
Confusingly, Marriott has changed the terminology for elite levels in the new program. In the past, Gold meant you had 50+ nights in one year; going forward, Gold is the 25-night level & members who stay 50+ nights are Plat.

As a result, all prior years at the old, harder-to-earn Gold level are treated as Plat in the new program. Heres how Starwood Lurker explained things in the wiki (FAQ B4) at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...tml#lifeheader:
Past years at applicable Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Night levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Silver Elite (10 nights) Years count as Silver Elite
Years at Gold Elite (50 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Elite (75 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Premier Elite (unpublished) Years count as Platinum Elite
Past years in SPG Elite levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Gold Preferred (25 nights) Years count as Gold Elite
Years at Platinum Preferred (50/75/100 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
The years that members achieved Elite status due to credit cards will count towards Lifetime status.
Print Wikipost

Years of status is available

Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta DM, AA Platinum Pro, United Silver // SPG Ambassador & LTG, Marriott Gold
Unhappy

Has anyone seen their incorrect years / nights data updated or corrected yet? Any change at all?

For MR I'm showing 1 year of Platinum, but should show 3 -- which is very scary because I'm at 6 years Platinum SPG, which would put me on track for the extra tasty form of Lifetime Platinum later this year. And current data shows me at 2 years short!

So, I'm hopeful people are seeing fixes to this sooner than later.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by naumank
Has anyone seen their status matched years double counted? In my case, I only had two years of SPG Plat status due to the match from MR account. In my SPG app, the two matched years were showing up in the LT count.
Yes. My SPG account had two years at plat or above, despite both of those years being from my linked MR account - a case that members.marriott.com & the lurkers said that would not count (namely4 I shouldn't have any "years at x" status in SPG).

Marriott may or may not claw this back and fix it. Doesn't matter for me because I qualified for old MR LTP/new LTPP under the old Marriott nights + points requirement so years are irrelevant, but I did notice this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:47 am

I spoke with someone at MR that gave me a feasible explanation for the counts, and they actually make sense with the numbers I see in my account. It actually seems moderately obvious now that it's been explained, but I'll repeat it and see if anybody else sees the same thing. Background on my activity is that my first year with MR was the last month of 2009 where I had 10 nights, and qualified for Silver, every year since has been Platinum (now Plat Prem).

For me, 2009 effectively doesn't count since I had no nights in 2008, so I didn't go into 2009 with any status. On the other end, what you are expected to qualify for in 2019 is also not counted yet (2018 qualifying nights). That leaves me with 2010-2018 inclusively, which is 8 years. In 2010 I started the year as Silver (based on 10 nights in 2009) and eventually qualified for Platinum later that year. In the tally that MR has done, it seems to be more focused on with what status you qualified for and then entered the year with. Again, for me I started 2010 as Silver, and every subsequent year as Platinum, hence my totals of 8 years Silver+, and 7 years of Platinum. I've already got enough nights for Platinum in 2019, but that is NOT reflected in the lifetime counts. Come January 2019, my totals should flip to 9 years Silver+ and 8 years of Platinum. My original mistakes were: thinking 2010 would count as Platinum since I eventually hit Platinum even though I started the year as Silver, and thinking that since I had enough qualifying nights this year that 2019 would automatically be counted.

I don't have any buy-backs, Taste of, status challenges, or anything else interesting, so I don't know how those would be factored (if at all).
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
On the Marriott App I am seeing errors as I have 55 nights this year which should be 1 year at Platinum but it shows 0. I do show 2 Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum on the App but 0 Years as Platinum.

On SPG I do see 9 Years as Platinum which is correct although the nights for this year are off by 4 (i.e. 40 instead of 44 which is what the SPG app showed before the switch over and is correct). In addition the Lifetime nights are off in my favor by 36 (i.e. 518 when it should be 482).

The most recent stays for SPG and Marriott are not showing in activity although the point total is correct for SPG only.

I did send a request on the Marriott website to fix the lifetime years but I imagine this is low priority. I need this corrected as I relied on the promise of getting two years of status this year (one in each program) and made sure I stayed in Marriott properties to accomplish this prior to August 1.

Given all the confusion I am hesitant to combine accounts until I see correct date on each separate App and Website.

Seems like a big mess to me.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by mfFrom35K
On the Marriott App I am seeing errors as I have 55 nights this year which should be 1 year at Platinum but it shows 0. I do show 2 Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum on the App but 0 Years as Platinum.
This tracks with the explanation I was given (see previous post) that indicates current year qualifying nights are not included in the lifetime status counts. Under that explanation, your 55 nights from this year wouldn't show the +1 Platinum year until 2019.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fluxtravels
This tracks with the explanation I was given (see previous post) that indicates current year qualifying nights are not included in the lifetime status counts. Under that explanation, your 55 nights from this year wouldn't show the +1 Platinum year until 2019.
...except mine is the opposite...my real SPG LT years are say 800, I have 40 nights this year, but my LT total shows as 840...
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Just now I cant view my LT status and associated metrics on marriott.com, its visible in at marriott.co.uk and in the app
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
...except mine is the opposite...my real SPG LT years are say 800, I have 40 nights this year, but my LT total shows as 840...
Sorry - I didn't make that clear in my original post. It seems like lifetime nights include everything (as it always has), but the "Years of XX Status" doesn't include "future" statuses (i.e.: what you'll qualify for in 2019).
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:31 pm

My Marriott lifetime years seem to be way off. I’ve been gold for 4 years and platinum for 5 years with some buy backs during the years. Lifetime gold+ years on the app and site show 5 years only when I am expecting 8 or 9 depending on whether they count my first taste of gold challenge year. I was under the impression that all status years would count, no matter how they were earned. Anyone else in a similar boat?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Lifetime status is offline as of this evening (at least for my account):

"As we complete systems changes for the combination of our loyalty programs, we are unable to display lifetime status. Thank you for your patience."

Impossible to know, but may herald some adjustments (for better or for worse).
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Lifetime status is offline as of this evening (at least for my account):
It just worked for me.

Marriott
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 18

Years as Gold or Platinum: 18

Years as Platinum: 18
SPG
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 16

Years as Gold or Platinum: 16

Years as Platinum: 15
Looks about right. Hopefully 33 years and ~2,000 nights will be enough for Platinum Premiere - right now it's only Platinum, with PP "next up".

Last edited by CPRich; Aug 22, 2018 at 11:41 pm
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by CPRich
It just worked for me.

Looks about right.
Mine looks ok as well... like yours but showing 16 across.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:43 pm

Hmm. Well, Marriott seems to be doing pretty much everything in batches at this point, so I'll just keep an eye on things and see what, if any, changes this might bring about. I've logged out and back in a few times over the past few hours and this has been persistent.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Anyone else getting this message on their Account Overview screen, on a desktop PC?

As we complete systems changes for the combination of our loyalty programs, we are unable to display lifetime status. Thank you for your patience.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by genotonda
Anyone else getting this message on their Account Overview screen, on a desktop PC?

As we complete systems changes for the combination of our loyalty programs, we are unable to display lifetime status. Thank you for your patience.
Yup, see post #85 above.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.