Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To view your cumulative years of status at each level, log into your Marriott or SPG account and then visit https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Until you merge accounts, the summary will show only the stats for whichever legacy program account you’re logged into (and not your combined totals in the new program).

Why does my Marriott lifetime elite total show several years of Plat status? I was Gold in the past, but never earned Plat.
Confusingly, Marriott has changed the terminology for elite levels in the new program. In the past, Gold meant you had 50+ nights in one year; going forward, Gold is the 25-night level & members who stay 50+ nights are Plat.

As a result, all prior years at the old, harder-to-earn Gold level are treated as Plat in the new program. Here’s how Starwood Lurker explained things in the wiki (FAQ B4) at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...tml#lifeheader:
Past years at applicable Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Night levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Silver Elite (10 nights) Years count as Silver Elite
Years at Gold Elite (50 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Elite (75 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Premier Elite (unpublished) Years count as Platinum Elite
Past years in SPG Elite levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Gold Preferred (25 nights) Years count as Gold Elite
Years at Platinum Preferred (50/75/100 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
The years that members achieved Elite status due to credit cards will count towards Lifetime status.
Print Wikipost

Years of status is available

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Let me spell out my post: UA gave Gold, which I had for 4 or 5 years (turns out 5 but I wasn't sure). Only one year was Plat and in that context then the 6 years of Plat was an anomaly. However since old Gold is now new Plat, in that context, as Beltway mentioned, it's as accurate as I can tell.

Thanks. I’m in a similar boat. My matched Gold years are now reflected as Platinum.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:37 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by naumank
Interesting that we I clicked on this link (https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi), I see 0s for the years. In mobile apps, the years are correct.
Yes me too -
MARRIOTT LOGIN
Nights: 323
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 0
Years as Gold or Platinum: 0
Years as Platinum: 0

SHERATON LOGIN
Nights: 291 (30 more than on SPG app)
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 10
Years as Gold or Platinum: 10
Years as Platinum: 7

You can see what I want the Marriott nights to be correct! Otherwise I have to earn three more years as Plat!

Last edited by Markie; Aug 19, 2018 at 4:03 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:09 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Smiley90
I'm still seeing different numbers in the SPG and Marriott apps too, wonder when those will be added together.
They will be added when you combine your accounts. I would not suggest that you do it yet as we don't know the implications of combining in one direction or the other.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:17 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Right now it looks like Marriott isn't allowing us to merge/combine our accounts just yet. But there is a separate thread (which contains the link to merge/combine accounts) we can all keep our eyes on to know when that fun will begin: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-accounts.html
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I thought combined lifetime plat premier would only apply next year.. but at least for me I now see it's on it's way .

Nights: 722
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 19
Years as Gold or Platinum: 14
Years as Platinum: 14

My legacy Starwood account doesn't seem to have this info dirextly but using the link in the wiki

Nights: 153
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 3
Years as Gold or Platinum: 3
Years as Platinum: 3

Let me tell you the number of screenshots I am saving before eventual account merger.. a lot! I really didn't think I have been Marriott Gold for 14 years but .. maybe I was. Either way glad I made it for the one-time window.

Last edited by pitflyer; Aug 19, 2018 at 5:36 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
hmm, that's better than I anticipated ...

Your lifetime statistics
Nights: 489
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 11
Years as Gold or Platinum: 11
Years as Platinum: 11

once I merge with my *W account account and 35 LT night I should get LT Plat! Excellent, no need to push for the extra 250k points till EOY!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
I think this is jacked up

My lifetime with MR does not make sense; years as Gold and Plat is the same as years Plat. I am sure I have some years as Gold only. Does this include match through MR/SPG?

When I sign into SPG the only thing I see SPG is the logo. Everything else is MR (points, nights, upcoming reservations, etc)

App wise I can log into MR but not SPG. Do we even need the SPG app once they are combined?

And how to combine?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
My lifetime with MR does not make sense; years as Gold and Plat is the same as years Plat. I am sure I have some years as Gold only.
See post 25 for the explanation. (Short version: what used to be called Gold—status earned for 50+ nights—is now called Plat. All your past years as Gold are treated as Plat in the new program.)

EDIT: Longer explanation now in wiki.

Last edited by beltway; Aug 19, 2018 at 10:41 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
So am I the only one whose Gold and Plat numbers are not the same?

Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 701
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 14
Years as Platinum: 10

This is on the Marriott side. In 2017 I had something like 35 nights, so I was Silver for this year before the weekend, and am currently showing as Gold. So maybe that's the difference?

Edit to add: I also have ~37 nights this year, so Gold for 2019 based on annual nights, maybe that is the extra?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by swag

Your lifetime statistics

This is on the Marriott side. In 2017 I had something like 35 nights, so I was Silver for this year before the weekend, and am currently showing as Gold. So maybe that's the difference?

Edit to add: I also have ~37 nights this year, so Gold for 2019 based on annual nights, maybe that is the extra?
see post #4 . Mine 'could' make sens depending how they count years and how they count the original status year that was a comp from KLM if I recall that correctly. So for me 11 is totally possible ... I was thinking it was minimal 9 and max 11 ... looks like they went with the more generous interpretation!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by swag

Your lifetime statistics

Yes. You earned NewGold(tm) for 2018 by accumulating 25+ nights last year.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:17 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Do these totals include this year as well?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:27 am

Since the Plat/Gold confusion seems to be the source of lots of questions, I’ve expanded the wiki to incorporate the Lurker explanation from one of the pre-transition threads in the SPG forum.
phltraveler likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Okay looks like I can see everything now by logging into the SPG app and website (on incognito) with old credentials -- SPG website shows lifetime nights while SPG app shows the year tracker. Needless to say I'm taking screenshots again of everything.

For me looks like the combined is going to give me LTG with 453 nights + 7 years of Platinum (MR showing 5 for everything, SPG showing 5 for Gold but only 2 for Plat). I can work with that, 147 nights and 3 years to go for LTP -- seems reasonable (hit the Plat50 level for 3 more years).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
In my SPG app, it shows two years of Platinum - those are matched status from Marriott. Anyone else seeing double counting of the status years?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.