Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To view your cumulative years of status at each level, log into your Marriott or SPG account and then visit https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Until you merge accounts, the summary will show only the stats for whichever legacy program account youre logged into (and not your combined totals in the new program).

Why does my Marriott lifetime elite total show several years of Plat status? I was Gold in the past, but never earned Plat.
Confusingly, Marriott has changed the terminology for elite levels in the new program. In the past, Gold meant you had 50+ nights in one year; going forward, Gold is the 25-night level & members who stay 50+ nights are Plat.

As a result, all prior years at the old, harder-to-earn Gold level are treated as Plat in the new program. Heres how Starwood Lurker explained things in the wiki (FAQ B4) at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...tml#lifeheader:
Past years at applicable Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Night levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Silver Elite (10 nights) Years count as Silver Elite
Years at Gold Elite (50 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Elite (75 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Premier Elite (unpublished) Years count as Platinum Elite
Past years in SPG Elite levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Gold Preferred (25 nights) Years count as Gold Elite
Years at Platinum Preferred (50/75/100 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
The years that members achieved Elite status due to credit cards will count towards Lifetime status.
Print Wikipost

Years of status is available

Old May 26, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Antarius
My elite years just ticked up by 1. Did this happen for anyone else?

Wanted to see if this was my missing year from the merger or my requal in 2019 already hit.
My lifetime years finally changed today, both on the app and on the website.

I have been stuck at 8 Platinum lifetime years since last September. By my count it should have been 9 then, and 10 in November when I completed 25 stays at Starwood-legacy properties. And then I completed my 50th night in calendar year 2019 a couple of months ago, which would bring it to 11. I have pursued this through every conceivable Marriott, Starwood, and now Bonvoy channel. The answers were often sympathetic, but since February it has been in the hands of a technical team which I was told have exclusive power to modify or update the number and have no set timeline for their work on any particular customers case. So I had just about given up. Then today I looked and I saw that my lifetime Platinum number has gone up from 8 to 12. One more year than I thought, and two more than I needed, but it might be right because Starwood had lost my records prior to 2003 and I was definitely missing some nights and maybe some years from that period.

Im discouraged, however, that although both the site and the app now have me at 12 years and 696 nights, they both still say Im lifetime Gold. I hope this will change to lifetime Platinum soon.

Last edited by Assimilated Cajun; Jun 13, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Old May 26, 2019, 2:49 pm

I forgot which thread I was reading, but I think someone reported that once you attain lifetime status, your years dont change. Is that still the case?
Old May 26, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun

I have been stuck at 8 Platinum lifetime years since last September. By my count it should have been 9 then, and 10 in November when I completed 25 stays at Starwood-legacy properties. And then I completed my 50th night in calendar year 2019 a couple of months ago, which would bring it to 11. I have pursued this through every conceivable Marriott, Starwood, and now Bonvoy channel. The answers were often sympathetic, but since February it has been in the hands of a technical team which I was told have exclusive power to modify or update the number and have no set timeline for their work on any particular customers case. So I had just about given up. Then today I looked and I saw that my lifetime Platinum number has gone up from 8 to 12. One more year than I thought, and two more than I needed, but it might be right because Starwood had lost my records prior to 2003 and I was definitely missing some nights and maybe some years from that period.

Im discouraged however, that although both the site and the app now have me at 12 years and 696 nights, they both still say Im lifetime Gold. I hope this will change to lifetime Platinum soon.
Interesting. When I inquired over here, one of the Lurkers had stated that 2019 qualifying wouldn't process till EOY 2019. So I am wondering if your uptick (and mine) is for past activity and 2019 will cause it to go up by 1 more.

I am at 560 nights and 9 years PLT (several thanks to MR/SPG double dipping pre-merger). Should hit the 600th night this year, so am curious about that last year needed for LT PLT.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myperks
I forgot which thread I was reading, but I think someone reported that once you attain lifetime status, your years dont change. Is that still the case?
Not sure, but they would have to change until you hit LT PLT at least. LT Gold and LT plat have different elite year counts needed.
Old May 26, 2019, 4:07 pm

Not sure, but they would have to change until you hit LT PLT at least. LT Gold and LT plat have different elite year counts needed.
i mean once you attain LT platinum (or LT titanium under old tiles). Mine has not changed because of this. Doesnt matter unless in the future I need say 15-20 years for lifetime ambassador
Antarius likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

Wanted to see if this was my missing year from the merger or my requal in 2019 already hit.
not mine and I already re-qualified, so it must be for 2018. Strange
Old May 27, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia

Nope.... Still waiting for my 2018 platinum year to be added to the tally.... Strangely the Gold year is correct but that was before 8/18 last year....
Old May 27, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
not mine and I already re-qualified, so it must be for 2018. Strange
Were your years going into 2019 correct?
Old May 27, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by l380
Nope.... Still waiting for my 2018 platinum year to be added to the tally.... Strangely the Gold year is correct but that was before 8/18 last year....
Interesting. Originally customer service had said Jan 2019, then sent me a follow up saying Q1 and then nothing since then. But then it ticked upwards. So I guess it is from 2018 and prior.

I've already requalified in 2019 for Ambassador, but my understanding is that that LT year will be added only EOY 2019 or early 2020.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Interesting. When I inquired over here, one of the Lurkers had stated that 2019 qualifying wouldn't process till EOY 2019. So I am wondering if your uptick (and mine) is for past activity and 2019 will cause it to go up by 1 more.

I am at 560 nights and 9 years PLT (several thanks to MR/SPG double dipping pre-merger). Should hit the 600th night this year, so am curious about that last year needed for LT PLT.
Yes, the Lurkers also informed me that lifetime years achieved by the end of 2018 would be reflected after a "sweep" in early 2019, and that a new lifetime year achieved in 2019 would not be reflected until early 2020. Assuming the "technical team" is following this rule, that means my recent bump from 8 to 12 Platinum years does not include the year I should eventually get for my 50+ nights so far in 2019.

Although yesterday my page was still showing Lifetime Gold despite 12 Platinum years and 696 nights, today it shows Lifetime Platinum both on marriott.com and on the app. How odd that my reaction to this change -- which was my fondest Bonvoy-related desire only a day or two ago -- is mainly to kick myself for not having accumulated the fairly small number of additional nights that would have been necessary to qualify for Lifetime Titanium. Guess that means I've become a true flyertalker.
cfischer and Antarius like this.

Last edited by Assimilated Cajun; May 27, 2019 at 1:55 pm
Old May 27, 2019, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the Lurkers also informed me that lifetime years achieved by the end of 2018 would be reflected after a "sweep" in early 2018, and that a new lifetime year achieved in 2019 would not be reflected until early 2020. Assuming the "technical team" is following this rule, that means my recent bump from 8 to 12 Platinum years does not include the year I should eventually get for my 50+ nights so far in 2019.

Although yesterday my page was still showing Lifetime Gold despite 12 Platinum years and 696 nights, today it shows Lifetime Platinum both on marriott.com and on the app. How odd that my reaction to this change -- which was my fondest Bonvoy-related desire only a day or two ago -- is mainly to kick myself for not having accumulated the fairly small number of additional nights that would have been necessary to qualify for Lifetime Titanium. Guess that means I've become a true flyertalker.
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

I'm at 123 nights YTD (crazy year like none other) with 560 LT nights and 9 LT years, so should be LT Plat by EOY 2019.

^
Assimilated Cajun likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:54 pm
FT

Im discouraged however, that although both the site and the app now have me at 12 years and 696 nights, they both still say Im lifetime Gold. I hope this will change to lifetime Platinum soon.
Similar experience as you. Was stuck on 8 platinum years and I qualified individually under each program last year to get me to 10. Went through the same experience as you until I noticed the change this past weekend now showing me having 12 platinum years (2 more than I expected). Even my gold and silver years seems excessively high. I hope this process is over with the conversion... we'll see.
Assimilated Cajun likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Were your years going into 2019 correct?
no, but it is inconsequential, so I never chased it down
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Are people seeing the years elite number tick up? I got to 50 nights last week and haven’t had my Plat number uptick - I think it’s the same for Silver and Gold status...

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Jun 13, 2019 at 9:52 am
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:35 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Are people seeing the years elite number tick up? I got to 50 nights last week and havent had my Plat number uptick - I think its the same for Silver and Good status...
That's not going to happen until early 2020.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.