Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To view your cumulative years of status at each level, log into your Marriott or SPG account and then visit https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Until you merge accounts, the summary will show only the stats for whichever legacy program account youre logged into (and not your combined totals in the new program).

Why does my Marriott lifetime elite total show several years of Plat status? I was Gold in the past, but never earned Plat.
Confusingly, Marriott has changed the terminology for elite levels in the new program. In the past, Gold meant you had 50+ nights in one year; going forward, Gold is the 25-night level & members who stay 50+ nights are Plat.

As a result, all prior years at the old, harder-to-earn Gold level are treated as Plat in the new program. Heres how Starwood Lurker explained things in the wiki (FAQ B4) at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...tml#lifeheader:
Past years at applicable Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Night levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Silver Elite (10 nights) Years count as Silver Elite
Years at Gold Elite (50 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Elite (75 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Premier Elite (unpublished) Years count as Platinum Elite
Past years in SPG Elite levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Gold Preferred (25 nights) Years count as Gold Elite
Years at Platinum Preferred (50/75/100 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
The years that members achieved Elite status due to credit cards will count towards Lifetime status.
Print Wikipost

Years of status is available

Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Haven't stayed at a Marriott in a while (frequent travel ended a while ago) but I just spotted this thread, so I got curious. My stats are:
Nights: 336
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 10
Years as Gold or Platinum: 7
Years as Platinum: 7

OK, probably correct-ish. Then I see this:
Achieving lifetime status
Lifetime Silver Elite

250 Lifetime Nights + 5 Years Elite Status

Wait a minute, doesn't this mean I should be Lifetime Silver?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:02 am

After having my number of plat years corrected to more than ten sometime in the last few days but still having my status show up as LTGold, it just changed to LTPlat today. Hoping it changes to LTPP in January as it is supposed to. Also hoping that the corrections aren’t reversed.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you were Plat earlier, why would you expect another year for making PP?
Clarification, I had 3 nights YTD on the 18th AUG now I have 93 nights, so i have renewed my P and PP. since then and no additional LT year added to the tenor count,.I would expect one more year and since it is 75+nights at legacy SPG properties my expectation is that it would count towards LTPP I am currently at 9 P Years.

Last edited by X-ON; Nov 8, 2018 at 10:54 am
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:55 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by X-ON
Clarification, I had 3 nights YTD on the 18th AUG now I have 93 nights, so i have renewed my P and PP. since then and no additional LT year added to the tenor count,.
I am in the same boat, I have not received an additional year for status earned in 2018. I've asked customer service about it a couple times and both times they've told me it updates at year end, but we'll see what happens.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
I am in the same boat, I have not received an additional year for status earned in 2018. I've asked customer service about it a couple times and both times they've told me it updates at year end, but we'll see what happens.
Same here. I should've moved to 7 when I re-upped Platinum this year but I'm still at 6. I called and the CSR spent at least 10 minutes unsuccessfully trying to transfer me to someone who could help but couldn't make it work. I didn't have time to wait after that so I'll give it some time and see what happens. I'll hit PP in early December, so I'll see if that changes anything.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by empedocles
Haven't stayed at a Marriott in a while (frequent travel ended a while ago) but I just spotted this thread, so I got curious. My stats are:
Nights: 336
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 10
Years as Gold or Platinum: 7
Years as Platinum: 7

OK, probably correct-ish. Then I see this:
Achieving lifetime status
Lifetime Silver Elite

250 Lifetime Nights + 5 Years Elite Status

Wait a minute, doesn't this mean I should be Lifetime Silver?
It does indeed mean you should be LTS.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Mine just updated too. Platinum years jumped from 4 to 11. I have enough nights for lifetime plat so I assume that the lifetime status will update soon from gold to platinum. ^^
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Renard
Mine just updated too. Platinum years jumped from 4 to 11. I have enough nights for lifetime plat so I assume that the lifetime status will update soon from gold to platinum. ^^
Sorry to be the one to say, but: maybe. Do you believe that 11 is accurate? If not, do you have confidence that the Marriott IT script kiddies will not at some point soon come right back along and swipe all that back? One thing that's become clear in recent months is that the production database is also to the testbed database.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Renard
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Sorry to be the one to say, but: maybe. Do you believe that 11 is accurate? If not, do you have confidence that the Marriott IT script kiddies will not at some point soon come right back along and swipe all that back? One thing that's become clear in recent months is that the production database is also to the testbed database.
After mine updated this week, it showed more than enough years and nights to be LTP, but it still showed LTG. After a couple of days, my lifetime status updated to LTP. It is, of course, possible that it will be reversed, although it's now where I thought it should be.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up "A Taste of" years apparently counting now, even though didn't count last week!

I think they may have changed (to our benefit) what type of years they count.

I always expected to have 8/8/8 on the Marriott side, but until this week I was showing 7/7/7. I emailed the SPG Lurkers about my account asking which year 2011-2018 wasn't counted (because I've earned either legacy Marriott Gold or legacy Marriott Platinum every year since 2011), and they said that it was 2011, because that year I earned Gold only through "A Taste of Gold" (challenge) promotion.

So obviously they weren't counting "A Taste of" years before this.

But this week mine increased from 7/7/7 to 8/8/8, so that means they must have decided to count "A Taste of" years after all (probably because of a lot of complaints about stuff like that not previously counting), and who knows what other kinds of "earned, but not through 50 nights" years they may have decided to count in this week's re-count.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I'm still very confused as to how they are counting things. I've only had any status since 2016.

Gained silver in Jan 2016 as I got the credit card, and then completed a Road to Gold challenge in July 2016 or so, which qualified me through 2017. Finished 2016 with 49 nights.

2017: Did a status match to SPG. In Dec, I completed Road to Platinum, which gives me Plat through 2018. Finished the year with 71-73? nights under Marriott. 2 w/SPG.

In 2018, I made Gold through stays at SPG in May, combined my accounts after the merger, and then qualified for 2019 PP in October by nights.

My counter shows:
S/G/P: 5 yrs
G/P: 5 yrs
P: 4 yrs

Last time I looked, a few weeksago, I thought I was at 4/4/3 or something like that?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NoviceFT
My life time elite night calculation seems wrong and when i raised a query i got a reply from SPG rep saying that is in the system. when I asked about the master night credits history they sent me past 2 year data and mentioned that is what it is available and be contend with. Even though i asked them to connect with Marriott CSR many times they ignored and stopped to reply my mails now a days.

I called Marriott elite line and she could see my elite years and mentioned that the calculation is wrong but asked me to wait. I am not sure if this will be corrected. Does anyone know whom we can connect with to review this. I have not merged my accounts due to this.
Finally, My years of status got updated. I did raise another online query but never got a reply and when I lost my patience, my years of status showed updated value yesterday. ^
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Same here. I should've moved to 7 when I re-upped Platinum this year but I'm still at 6. I called and the CSR spent at least 10 minutes unsuccessfully trying to transfer me to someone who could help but couldn't make it work. I didn't have time to wait after that so I'll give it some time and see what happens. I'll hit PP in early December, so I'll see if that changes anything.
Data point: as of yesterday I showed 6 years of platinum status, even after hitting 50 nights this year. This morning, two nights posted pushing me over 75 and I now show 7 years. So moving to PP did make the year change. Oddly, I don't think the lifetime nights has changed, but I need to see if I saved screenshots to double check that I'm right about that.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Data point: as of yesterday I showed 6 years of platinum status, even after hitting 50 nights this year. This morning, two nights posted pushing me over 75 and I now show 7 years. So moving to PP did make the year change. Oddly, I don't think the lifetime nights has changed, but I need to see if I saved screenshots to double check that I'm right about that.
My experience is to the contrary with a combined account I am at 93 nights ytd 75+ nights at legacy SPG brands all nights after the 18 Aug, I have not had any addition to my tenor year. I had a communication with William and he wrote that the expected behavior is that the tenor years are going to be added after the end of the year ... Did you combine your accounts? ... MAR IT is like a box of chocolates .
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by X-ON
My experience is to the contrary with a combined account I am at 93 nights ytd 75+ nights at legacy SPG brands all nights after the 18 Aug, I have not had any addition to my tenor year. I had a communication with William and he wrote that the expected behavior is that the tenor years are going to be added after the end of the year ... Did you combine your accounts? ... MAR IT is like a box of chocolates .
Yes, I combined accounts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.