Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To view your cumulative years of status at each level, log into your Marriott or SPG account and then visit https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Until you merge accounts, the summary will show only the stats for whichever legacy program account youre logged into (and not your combined totals in the new program).

Why does my Marriott lifetime elite total show several years of Plat status? I was Gold in the past, but never earned Plat.
Confusingly, Marriott has changed the terminology for elite levels in the new program. In the past, Gold meant you had 50+ nights in one year; going forward, Gold is the 25-night level & members who stay 50+ nights are Plat.

As a result, all prior years at the old, harder-to-earn Gold level are treated as Plat in the new program. Heres how Starwood Lurker explained things in the wiki (FAQ B4) at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...tml#lifeheader:
Past years at applicable Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Night levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Silver Elite (10 nights) Years count as Silver Elite
Years at Gold Elite (50 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Elite (75 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Premier Elite (unpublished) Years count as Platinum Elite
Past years in SPG Elite levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Gold Preferred (25 nights) Years count as Gold Elite
Years at Platinum Preferred (50/75/100 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
The years that members achieved Elite status due to credit cards will count towards Lifetime status.
Print Wikipost

Years of status is available

Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by forecheck
Since he/she will have 10 years of Platinum/Gold, couldn't they get it by just getting to a combined 750 nights as part of the one time sweep in January?
Since 750 - 629 = 121, which is slightly more than the number of nights remaining in this calendar year, I don't see a way to get to 750 lifetime nights by the end of 2018 unless the person has access to some additional nights, for example nights from an existing credit card that will post by the end of the year. It would help to know more details in order to determine whether LTPP is a possibility if the person does a gigantic mattered run, which would of course be expensive.

I'm also unclear on how and when status years are counted in Starriott. Without seeing explicit T&Cs for this, it's just a black box and IMO we shouldn't make assumptions.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:27 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Since 750 - 629 = 121, which is slightly more than the number of nights remaining in this calendar year, I don't see a way to get to 750 lifetime nights by the end of 2018 unless the person has access to some additional nights, for example nights from an existing credit card that will post by the end of the year. It would help to know more details in order to determine whether LTPP is a possibility if the person does a gigantic mattered run, which would of course be expensive.

I'm also unclear on how and when status years are counted in Starriott. Without seeing explicit T&Cs for this, it's just a black box and IMO we shouldn't make assumptions.
Just stay in Ritz Carltons for the rest of the year...
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Your kind of situation has hit many of the legacy SPG (primary) account customers who linked their accounts with legacy Marriott accounts. And not all status times seem to have been considered equal.
The irony of this is I'm a legacy MR customer. So there shouldn't be Data Import/Conversion issues. Almost two months now with no fix.

Update: It appears that the reason is because my first year as PLAT with Marriott,I did I challenge. I then proceeded to continue staying and earned many nights that year. But, because I did the challenge, that year seems to be causign the trouble. Plus, there is just apparently no record of the following couple years statuses... Despite staying 75+ every year after. As others are saying, it appears it was the Platinum challenge that mucked stuffup. *sigh*

Last edited by Well Red; Oct 17, 2018 at 9:38 pm Reason: UPdate from most recent CSR call
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:35 pm

Trying to figure out...

I have similar problem as well (platinum years lower than actual earned) and Im trying to figure out if theres a common cause for this particular problem. My situation:

- did platinum challenge years ago
- continue to stay >= 75 nights to re-earn platinum status
- slowed down traveling in recent years
- linked legacy Marriott and SPG
- total nights seems correct

Im collecting documents (whatever I have left) to present to Marriott to show that I did stay >= 75 nights instead of relying on their IT to find my stay history. Hopefully it doesnt get ignored again. My interaction with CSR on Elite Services have been similar with what others have reported.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I just qualified for Platinum with 50+ nights after 15 Chase nights posted today. How long does it take for the number of LT years to update?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by naumank
I just qualified for Platinum with 50+ nights after 15 Chase nights posted today. How long does it take for the number of LT years to update?
It won't. Perhaps at the end of the year we're promised...
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Perhaps ...indeed...given the state of affairs at the MAR IT dept. I would be happily surprised if the additional year(s) post without any major snafu ...
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
The question has been raised before and I don't think a definitive answer has been found (if I am wrong I'm sure someone will point that out). There were issues with one of the programs counting the year in which you crossed the tier threshold as the year of status and another the year for which you earned status. So making status in 2018 would be your +1 once crossed and the other 2019 would be your +1. Benefits run from when you earn past the year after (through January) but you only get one year of status. Again, I have not seen any confirmation of which used what, how they were going to reconcile the two programs, or even what will be used going forward.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How elite years are counted is supposedly proprietary information. This means that it will be impossible/difficult for us to argue that our elite year counts are wrong.
X-ON and RogerD408 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
How elite years are counted is supposedly proprietary information. This means that it will be impossible/difficult for us to argue that our elite year counts are wrong.
I consider that Lurker speak for no one knows or will tell me (first being more probable). I can only imagine how the staff reacts when one of them enters the room never knowing what question they might have. I had that reputation when I worked in customer support and went wondering through the lab. They knew I could handle the simple ones, who could ever need/want to know how the systems synchronized the I/O buffer between devices? I wasn't sure that architect was still employed or anywhere near the same lab.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:45 am

I certainly hope that P renewal with either 50+ night at SPG legacy brands or 75+ Nights at MR legacy brands post 18 Aug and combination of account would at least count for one additional year towards LTPP, but I realize that it might come down to a lucky draw situation .... opaque is too mild ....
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
My concern is that, when the new year comes, Marriot's IT runs another script and we won't know for sure whether our LT years will increase or decrease. I have no confidence in their IT.
RogerD408 and sdsearch like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:58 pm

My concern is that, when the new year comes, Marriot's IT runs another script and we won't know for sure whether our LT years will increase or decrease. I have no confidence in their IT.
I share your concern and that in itself a testament to the fiasco this merger have evolved into
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by X-ON
I share your concern and that in itself a testament to the fiasco this merger have evolved into
As a matter of respect for its customers, Marriott should just declare that all the numbers of LT years are correct by now and that they won't decrease anyone's LG years by running some background script. Those who believe that they are short (or those who feel they have more years than should) can open individual cases and be resolved on a case-by-case basis. Otherwise, those who are relying on the current number to qualify for LT PP may find that their mattress runs this year are all for nothing.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:03 am

As a matter of respect for its customers, Marriott should just declare that all the numbers of LT years are correct by now and that they won't decrease anyone's LG years by running some background script. Those who believe that they are short (or those who feel they have more years than should) can open individual cases and be resolved on a case-by-case basis. Otherwise, those who are relying on the current number to qualify for LT PP may find that their mattress runs this year are all for nothing.
I think there was such a statement on the marriott. status web page claiming all lifetime statuses was correct, however I don't trust what they say
​​​​for the simple reason that it seems like they lost control of their code. Hence come Jan 2019 and then these 3rd tier developers while launch another inadequately tested script into production it will be a roll of a dice what comes after that ... Maybe I am pessimistic but watching how MAR IT handled the issue with the double counting of LT nights for a subset of accounts namely by clawing back LT nights from a larger set of accounts it tells me that they are guessing....they don't really know what the code they launch really do.. .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.